• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No Man's Sky

#281 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:07 PM

Photo overload!:

Hmm, something's missing at this outpost...

Spoiler

Ah, there it is!
Spoiler

Saying goodbye to the event planet just as another player comes through the portal:
Spoiler

The 'cutest' animal I've seen so far was on the second event planet. It's about knee-height.
Spoiler

While this big fellow, on the same planet, is the biggest marine animal I've seen so far, around 6.5 metres long.
Spoiler

I caused quite a queue at this outpost. These ships were endlessly circling around, waiting for me to take off. Funny thing was, there was a whole Trading Post only about 500 metres away.
Spoiler

I explored the other planets in the second event system a little. The creepiest by far was a radioactive planet with an oppressive atmosphere and which had these plants which from a distance looked like people reaching out for help.
Spoiler

Much nicer was a snow planet. A snow planet with enormous gigantic flying jellyfish things.
Spoiler

And there was another planet full of large creatures. It also had this guy wandering around in ridiculous costume...
Spoiler

Zooming past planets and asteroids:
Spoiler

Ringed planet in the night. You can also see a nearby space station to the left of it.
Spoiler

Lonely Isle:
Spoiler

Finally own a freighter (and a new personal ship)!
Spoiler

Watching another fleet from the deck of my frigate in low orbit as the sun rises:
Spoiler

Flying above a planet's rings. Can planets be different sizes? Because this one feels Goliath-like. The space station was within its rings. The other planet in the system was over a minute's pulse drive flight away, and yet this planet still looked huge in the sky from its surface.
Spoiler

"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#282 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:51 AM

I keep getting distracted by new ships.

This one has a rugged hot rod look with a great paint job. Took it for a spin, haven't decided whether to buy it though as I already have two fighters!

Spoiler

This one is pure racer... sleek! Only 16 slots but I waited in the station until an S class turned up. Tempted again but not certain I'll buy it. Looks a bit delicate for my style!

Spoiler

I don't know wtf this is.
Spoiler

Couple more inevitable planet shots. Nice flourishing planet and a bountiful I think.

Spoiler

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Traveller: 15 September 2018 - 07:06 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#283 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:09 PM

So I warped to a new system with my freighter, and all its' crew changed from Korvax to Gek. Is that...supposed to happen?

#284 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:16 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 18 September 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

So I warped to a new system with my freighter, and all its' crew changed from Korvax to Gek. Is that...supposed to happen?

To answer my own question - this was apparently a bug that was patched in the last update...seemingly not successfully.

#285 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:03 PM

Yeah thought that one was sorted. Not experienced it yet though.

(Although, while warping last night my fighter went into an amazing spin, rolling around and generally looking way out of control. Then it righted itself, leaving me wondering wtf had just happened!)

This post has been edited by Traveller: 18 September 2018 - 05:04 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#286 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:32 PM

New update.

Rocket boots!! (Also the melee boost works with rifles so I can finally use it). Also instead of containers on the freighters they added storage rooms, which look better anyway. Oh and added body types - you can now have a fat gek! Or a thin one, or whatever you want.

Third community event. Some wag has made a giant Pac Man base just near the portal on the event planet. I flew around, killed a bunch of sentinels, bought a big silver dinosaur statue and went back through (I'm a bit paranoid about saving on an event planet). Seems like you can get a fair amount of quicksilver on this one, I got around 2k from only a handful of kills.

And, finally, I have a new freighter. Upgraded from my 15 slot orange and black stubby dwarf to an S class 32 slot star destroyer type. It's black and white which looks pretty cool, took about 10 reloads to get the better one but it was worth it.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 21 September 2018 - 07:35 PM

#287 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:02 PM

Yep, I just completed the community event too, though I'm hanging around to explore the planets in this system for a bit.

I've splurged all my units on three more frigates - a miner, a science vessel, and an exploration vessel.

I've also finally started the Artemis quest line proper after finding her(?) crashed ship. Which also led me to my new long-term project:

I claimed the ship (The Pride of Perfection) and am going to fix it up. It is going to take forever. Of its 35 slots, only 5 weren't damaged. It will take over 10,000 Chromatic Metal alone, not to mention tonnes of other rarer items. It took me over an hour just to get the ruin back up in the air, after which I was praying that no pirates attacked me while I flew it to my freighter.

#288 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:43 PM

View PostTraveller, on 21 September 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

New update.

Rocket boots!! (Also the melee boost works with rifles so I can finally use it). Also instead of containers on the freighters they added storage rooms, which look better anyway. Oh and added body types - you can now have a fat gek! Or a thin one, or whatever you want.

Third community event. Some wag has made a giant Pac Man base just near the portal on the event planet. I flew around, killed a bunch of sentinels, bought a big silver dinosaur statue and went back through (I'm a bit paranoid about saving on an event planet). Seems like you can get a fair amount of quicksilver on this one, I got around 2k from only a handful of kills.

And, finally, I have a new freighter. Upgraded from my 15 slot orange and black stubby dwarf to an S class 32 slot star destroyer type. It's black and white which looks pretty cool, took about 10 reloads to get the better one but it was worth it.

It's cool that you can actually see other people's bases now with the new update.

You didn't get the robot companion? That was my first buy! <_< In total, looks like you can kill 25 sentinels for 5,750 quicksilver this time round. No difference between types of Sentinels killed.

#289 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:26 AM

Didn't see it to be honest! I'll have to go back and check!

#290 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:56 AM

Finally got storage containers!

I should probably just sell artefacts, right? I've been keeping them all like some sort of inventory-jamming collection.

I've warped to an uncharted system. No space station, no outposts. Four untouched planets and two moons. It all feels quite spooky having no one else around ( wish it hadn't happened when I had so much stuff to sell though :( )

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 24 September 2018 - 08:56 AM

#291 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:57 AM

I like the storage rooms. Now I have a decent freighter I've started decorating and laying out some rooms, it's looking good!

Stick a trade module on a wall in your freighter, you can sell anytime then.

Killed a ton of sentinels last night, finally got some walker brains so I built the combat scanner.

Does anyone have a particular way of travelling through the universe? I was following the Atlas path, hopping systems and stopping at the Atlas stations, and checking out the system while I was there if it looked interesting.
Since I had to retrace my steps to complete an Artemis quest, Next arrived and all the systems changed so even though I went back a bit it's all new. When I want to explore I keep system hopping along the Atlas path again mostly, and use the teleport to return to my base every once in a while. Haven't used any black holes yet either.

This is my new freighter. With small fleet of frigates attached.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Traveller: 24 September 2018 - 02:01 PM

#292 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:21 PM

View PostTraveller, on 24 September 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

I like the storage rooms. Now I have a decent freighter I've started decorating and laying out some rooms, it's looking good!

Stick a trade module on a wall in your freighter, you can sell anytime then.

Killed a ton of sentinels last night, finally got some walker brains so I built the combat scanner.

Does anyone have a particular way of travelling through the universe? I was following the Atlas path, hopping systems and stopping at the Atlas stations, and checking out the system while I was there if it looked interesting.
Since I had to retrace my steps to complete an Artemis quest, Next arrived and all the systems changed so even though I went back a bit it's all new. When I want to explore I keep system hopping along the Atlas path again mostly, and use the teleport to return to my base every once in a while. Haven't used any black holes yet either.

This is my new freighter. With small fleet of frigates attached.

Love the freighter, very cool looking. My own freighter and fleet is still teensy, and they're basically all amateurs when it comes to the missions except for my combat frigate, who's virtually doing everything himself :(

I haven't yet got the blueprint for the trade module, but I'm happy to hear that such a thing exists!

I haven't dared to try fighting the walkers as yet, though I hear the geology cannon (which I do have) is really good against them.

I'm also following the Atlas path currently, now just one system away from the location of the first station. I figure I'll keep following it unless at some point the Artemis quest forces me to diverge. Once I've done those, I'll head toward the centre of the galaxy. When I need to go back to my base or a system I've previously visited for materials, I take the space station teleporter. I'm not sure I'll ever take a black hole should I come across one, I don't like the idea of skipping systems, even if it will take me an absolute age!

Edit: Oh, my freighter crew turned back into Korvax when I jumped to the uncharted system.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 24 September 2018 - 02:22 PM

#293 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:45 PM

I killed the walker with my ship. I've seen geology cannon upgrades but not fitted one yet - if it's anything like the plasma grenades it will kill me more than them!

I'm slowly collecting glyphs. I have 8 out of 16 now, and I'm getting them via travellers graves, as I know you get them as part of the Artemis quest but I don't want to start that one just yet.

#294 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:28 AM

Landed on my first extreme planet. It's actually a small moon orbiting a dead planet. The moon is beautiful, long grasses, woods, and plateaus, absolutely teeming with life (and no outposts of any kind, this is still in the uncharted system). But it's also a Sentinel shoot-on-sight high security planet, and gravitino balls are dotted everywhere. Time to get my 'survive on an extreme world' milestone up to progress in the Anomaly quest line. I presume I could just sit in my ship but that seems a bit cheaty.

#295 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:22 PM

I think you have to walk about at least!

#296 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:32 AM

Wow, update has made everything even more pretty. Like really noticeably so. Lighting, grass detail, water, clouds - my first view across the landscape from a forested mesa was seriously impressive, until a dino knocked me over the cliff edge (hostiles are back, yay).

The green swirls on event planet - actually the whole event planet, look awesome.

We now have trees to plant! Nice use of quicksilver, glad I saved some.

Yes, you know what you did.
Spoiler

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Traveller: 28 September 2018 - 12:41 PM

#297 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:26 PM

Just done the 4th event, was too busy to play at the end of last week. Never been on a planet like that before! I like how they did the event, requiring a little working out of which planet was the right one based on the clues given out.

#298 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:41 AM

Apparently the next update will include a new type of Exocraft as well as rejig the old ones to have more inventory space and upgrade slots. And you'll be able to customise all of them with new paint jobs and decals.

#299 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 02 October 2018 - 11:12 AM

Yeah looks like a bike thing?

They're increasing the base speed of the collossus too. Bit late though, tbh I rarely use them, they stay parked outside and I use the slots for storage. They were useful for exploring early on when the suit wasn't so good, but now I walk/jetpack, and summon ship when I need to get away.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 02 October 2018 - 11:13 AM

#300 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:36 PM

Hmm the new event seems to require you to drive around in an exocraft - only I haven't got one yet. Not sure what to do.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users