Malazan Empire: Brexit or bremain - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

  • 67 Pages +
  • « First
  • 65
  • 66
  • 67
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Brexit or bremain Will the UK leave the EU or not?

Poll: Bremain or brexit (61 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you vote

  1. Bremain (53 votes [86.89%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 86.89%

  2. Brexit (8 votes [13.11%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 13.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1321 User is offline   Grief 

  • Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 2,250
  • Joined: 11-July 08

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:08 PM

No way there will be an extension. Various EU states oppose it and it would be political suicide for Boris. Plus the ratification process would be much more complicated this time around which creates a certain inertia.

Far more likely is a thin deal now, which could gradually become more extensive over time if this cools down politically and it can be passed off to more technocratic levels (where the relationship remains much stronger).

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful


worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).
0

#1322 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

  • Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police
  • Posts: 2,349
  • Joined: 03-September 04

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:17 PM

They have created this new UK import mark "UKCA" for the medical devices we certify for the EU. It has to be applied by 2023. But what that has done is frozen medical device regulation at what stands as UK law today and in 2022 a big EU project to make these devices safer will have come into effect. So the UK is choosing to allow less safe devices inside UK borders than will be allowed into the EU. NI gets the safer EU version. Whenever our customers ask me about it and what they have to do keep their devices on both the EU and UK markets I just end up laughing. Then they ask about NI and I'm like "Please stop asking me questions".
Burn rubber =/= warp speed
0

#1323 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

  • [MAXIMUM DISGRUNTLEMENT]
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 3,363
  • Joined: 11-November 14
  • Location:Lether, apparently...
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 19 November 2020 - 08:50 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 18 November 2020 - 07:17 PM, said:

They have created this new UK import mark "UKCA" for the medical devices we certify for the EU. It has to be applied by 2023. But what that has done is frozen medical device regulation at what stands as UK law today and in 2022 a big EU project to make these devices safer will have come into effect. So the UK is choosing to allow less safe devices inside UK borders than will be allowed into the EU. NI gets the safer EU version. Whenever our customers ask me about it and what they have to do keep their devices on both the EU and UK markets I just end up laughing. Then they ask about NI and I'm like "Please stop asking me questions".


My cousin is a radiologist at Cardiff so likely knows these machines well. It'd be interesting to get her take on what's going on. The whole situation is a mess from an external view.

As to political suicide for De Pfeffel... He's already run away to hide again (I don't buy for a minute that he's genuinely self-isolating) now that his top aides are gone. Quite how anyone had faith in that man is utterly beyond me, but there we are. He's done nothing to inspire faith of any sort since the election so why change the habit of a lifetime?



Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

XBL - Shoryukos / Steam - Angryμaark / PSN - AngryMaark

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle
0

#1324 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

  • [MAXIMUM DISGRUNTLEMENT]
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 3,363
  • Joined: 11-November 14
  • Location:Lether, apparently...
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 19 November 2020 - 04:19 PM

Good lord this government has gone totally off the rails.

"We cannot afford to feed children impoverished by our economic policies sorry"

"Here's 12.5bn for defense, also laser guns and space force".

The cynic in me can't help but think that defense spending over the next four years will really be for keeping control of the country in a post-brekshit UK. Scotland, get out while you can! Save yourselves!



Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

XBL - Shoryukos / Steam - Angryμaark / PSN - AngryMaark

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle
0

#1325 User is offline   Macros 

  • D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 7,590
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:Ulster, disputed zone, British Empire.

Posted 20 November 2020 - 08:29 AM

Most of that money is going to Scotland ironically.

The money being spunked on "defense" is white elephant to the extreme, coupled with chronic cronyism. Prime example the aircraft carrier that came in at double its budget (I know guys who worked on it, stuff was being installed 2 and 3 times for zero reason, like no actual snags recorded, just re do it) and at the end of it we had junked the harriers so had no planes that could land on them, oh let's buy some off our American buddies.
0

#1326 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

  • [MAXIMUM DISGRUNTLEMENT]
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 3,363
  • Joined: 11-November 14
  • Location:Lether, apparently...
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 20 November 2020 - 08:36 AM

View PostMacros, on 20 November 2020 - 08:29 AM, said:

Most of that money is going to Scotland ironically.

The money being spunked on "defense" is white elephant to the extreme, coupled with chronic cronyism. Prime example the aircraft carrier that came in at double its budget (I know guys who worked on it, stuff was being installed 2 and 3 times for zero reason, like no actual snags recorded, just re do it) and at the end of it we had junked the harriers so had no planes that could land on them, oh let's buy some off our American buddies.



Madness. Absolute madness.

Oh, for a mossy hyena and an open top car, Boris!
Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

XBL - Shoryukos / Steam - Angryμaark / PSN - AngryMaark

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle
0

#1327 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

  • Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police
  • Posts: 2,349
  • Joined: 03-September 04

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:47 PM

 Maark Abbott, on 19 November 2020 - 04:19 PM, said:

Good lord this government has gone totally off the rails.

"We cannot afford to feed children impoverished by our economic policies sorry"

"Here's 12.5bn for defense, also laser guns and space force".

The cynic in me can't help but think that defense spending over the next four years will really be for keeping control of the country in a post-brekshit UK. Scotland, get out while you can! Save yourselves!


It's just classic Conservatives. Big headlines to impress the gammons who still hark back to Rule Britannia days. They would always vote for that over feeding poor kids.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed
0

#1328 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

  • [MAXIMUM DISGRUNTLEMENT]
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 3,363
  • Joined: 11-November 14
  • Location:Lether, apparently...
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 25 November 2020 - 08:48 AM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 24 November 2020 - 10:47 PM, said:

View PostMaark Abbott, on 19 November 2020 - 04:19 PM, said:

Good lord this government has gone totally off the rails.

"We cannot afford to feed children impoverished by our economic policies sorry"

"Here's 12.5bn for defense, also laser guns and space force".

The cynic in me can't help but think that defense spending over the next four years will really be for keeping control of the country in a post-brekshit UK. Scotland, get out while you can! Save yourselves!


It's just classic Conservatives. Big headlines to impress the gammons who still hark back to Rule Britannia days. They would always vote for that over feeding poor kids.


It's absolutely mad how misty eyed they get for the days of empire. I wonder if the gammons will still be like this when prices hike next year and Scotland fucks off?
Facebook - www.facebook[dotcom]/MaarkAbbottWriting / Twitter - @MAbbottWriting / I'm on Goodreads somewhere as well

XBL - Shoryukos / Steam - Angryμaark / PSN - AngryMaark

Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle
0

Share this topic:


  • 67 Pages +
  • « First
  • 65
  • 66
  • 67
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users