• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Identities, theories, predictions Unleash your insanity

#41 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:38 AM

View PostNefaraisBredd, on 22 July 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

Edgewalker and Grizzn are mentioned as part of a larger group of elders-i cant remember where. Grizzn can't be Edgewalker (as much as we want him to be!)

Arathan is Tayschrenn. 'Artan/artanthos' in KoK. Someone remarked that he has not used THAT name in a loooooooooooong time. Last piece of compelling evidence-Tayschrenn survives a dip in the Vitr, which certainly screams that he's Azathanai.KoK is underrated as it has an excellent story and wicked characters. It also has many references and hints about the history of some mysteriois characters.

Tayschrenn is 100 years+ old. If he used this name in his youth (or maybe it was real name to begin with) it would still be a long time ago. :blink:

That Tayschrenn survived the Vitr is a good point. But for me Ruthan = Arathan was somehow confirmed after Gothos told Arathan to call his father friend.

#42 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:46 AM

Tays surviving the Vitr just tells me he met whatever qualifications were necessary to replace K'rul.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#43 User is offline   Kellanved's shadow 

• The blade in the shadow
  • Interests:being king of high house shadow
    ordering Cotillion
    ordering the Hounds
    commanding shadows (oh wait I am a shadow)

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:36 AM

View PostNefaraisBredd, on 15 July 2016 - 02:47 AM, said:

DOD page 972, 'Can you hear me Draconus? I have reconsidered.At long last. And so I give you this. Find me, and one of us will die.'

Who is Ruthan Gudd? This guy was friends with Draconus from before Kallors empire was destroyed! And it states plainly that he might walk away from a fight to the death. He still reminds me of Grizzn Farl bigtime. Womanizing and doing everything he can to avoid attention/direct confrontation.

Well considering Errastas said in the same book that Grizzn Farl was basically just a wondering soul it would be more fitting if he was the dead Forkrul Assail god. After all when he murderd all the elite members of the Forlulkan society a sect of their priestly class started worshiping him as a god of justice.

This post has been edited by Kellanved's shadow: 22 July 2016 - 07:37 AM

"I walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I have commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I have spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?"
"Yes" said Brood , "you never learn".

#44 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:33 PM

I don't buy Arathan as Tayschrenn. Don't really see any connection. While in case of Ruthan Gudd, we have the 'walking on ice' thing and his connection to Draconus. Plus he knows Korya and after FoL it's almost certain she will somehow become Quick Ben.

#45 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:41 PM

View PostSiergiej, on 22 July 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

I don't buy Arathan as Tayschrenn. Don't really see any connection. While in case of Ruthan Gudd, we have the 'walking on ice' thing and his connection to Draconus. Plus he knows Korya and after FoL it's almost certain she will somehow become Quick Ben.

Lets just settle this for now and say Arathan is a D'ivers of both of them.

I mean, you're wrong. But this way is easier unless/until SE resolves it (which he may not).
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#46 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:31 PM

View PostKellanved, on 22 July 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

Well considering Errastas said in the same book that Grizzn Farl was basically just a wondering soul it would be more fitting if he was the dead Forkrul Assail god. After all when he murderd all the elite members of the Forlulkan society a sect of their priestly class started worshiping him as a god of justice.

In TCG we saw the FA good, or at least something that was an FA god once, had become the bug d'ivers cruising around the wasteland.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#47 User is offline   Kellanved's shadow 

ordering Cotillion
    ordering the Hounds

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:59 AM

View PostAbyss, on 22 July 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

View PostKellanved, on 22 July 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

In TCG we saw the FA good, or at least something that was an FA god once, had become the bug d'ivers cruising around the wasteland.

That god had lost the ability to semble back into his original body due to his soul being shattered into a million pieces. I would still think this qualifies him as being being a Grizzin Farl but maybe not.
"I walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I have commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I have spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?"

#48 User is offline   Kellanved's shadow 

ordering Cotillion
    ordering the Hounds

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:02 AM

If the dead FA god is Grizzin Farl then it would suit his aspect perfectly. A god that is incapable of protecting anyone including himself due to being practically dead.

#49 User is offline   Salt-Man Z 

• My pen halts, though I do not
  • View gallery

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:16 AM

I dunno, I'm just not seeing any compelling reasoning for Arathan=Artanthos beyond "their names share a bunch of the same letters."
"Here is light. You will say that it is not a living entity, but you miss the point that it is more, not less. Without occupying space, it fills the universe. It nourishes everything, yet itself feeds upon destruction. We claim to control it, but does it not perhaps cultivate us as a source of food? May it not be that all wood grows so that it can be set ablaze, and that men and women are born to kindle fires?"
―Gene Wolfe, The Citadel of the Autarch

#50 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:02 AM

Something about that Grizzin Farl theory bugs me.

#51 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:27 PM

This is how Mael described the death of gods in DoD after Ursto Hoobutt and Pinosel got burned.

They may be simply ... reduced ... and after a time they will reconstitute themselves, find their shapes - their flesh and bone - once more. I do not know, yet I will hope.

It is possible Grizzin can resurrect himself and become Ruthan Gudd

#52 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:22 AM

View Postnacht, on 23 July 2016 - 11:27 PM, said:

This is how Mael described the death of gods in DoD after Ursto Hoobutt and Pinosel got burned.

They may be simply ... reduced ... and after a time they will reconstitute themselves, find their shapes - their flesh and bone - once more. I do not know, yet I will hope.

He maybe could. But we still a have a million locusts in DoD and tCG that were formerly the God of the Forkrul Assail.

Either Grizzin is the fragmented God of the Forkrul, than he can't be Ruthan Gudd, or the Forkrul killed another god of them and he has no need to resurrect himself

Or something very strange happend to explain this. Also not impossible, but I will stay with the simpler theories until Steve disproves me.

#53 User is offline   Kasig 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:12 PM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 24 July 2016 - 06:22 AM, said:

He maybe could. But we still a have a million locusts in DoD and tCG that were formerly the God of the Forkrul Assail.

Either Grizzin is the fragmented God of the Forkrul, than he can't be Ruthan Gudd, or the Forkrul killed another god of them and he has no need to resurrect himself

Or something very strange happend to explain this. Also not impossible, but I will stay with the simpler theories until Steve disproves me.

Right here in Fall you get to see Draconus "be" in two places at once, so one theory can be that Grizzin's Finnest was the entity killed by the FA, and the other part of him was/is Ruthan Gudd.

#54 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:14 PM

I think Grizzin Farl's fate will be resolved in Walk in Shadow: his role as the Protector of Nothing, not really able to protect anything has been a recurring theme throughout the trilogy so far and there is some major disruptive event ahead that will cause the migration to Wu, so I'd be surprised if GF is not involved.

As for the theory that he might be Ruthan Gudd, is there any connection to follow?

#55 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:48 PM

View PostKasig, on 24 July 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

View Post- Coltaine -, on 24 July 2016 - 06:22 AM, said:

Right here in Fall you get to see Draconus "be" in two places at once, so one theory can be that Grizzin's Finnest was the entity killed by the FA, and the other part of him was/is Ruthan Gudd.

Good point

View PostSiergiej, on 24 July 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

I think Grizzin Farl's fate will be resolved in Walk in Shadow: his role as the Protector of Nothing, not really able to protect anything has been a recurring theme throughout the trilogy so far and there is some major disruptive event ahead that will cause the migration to Wu, so I'd be surprised if GF is not involved.

As for the theory that he might be Ruthan Gudd, is there any connection to follow?

Just that he once was a friend of Draconus, is a womanizer and tries to avoid attention.

But on the other hand Grizzin felt even sorry for the rabbit he accidentally killed in FoD and tried to avoid killing. I can't imagine him becoming a soldier.

This post has been edited by - Coltaine -: 24 July 2016 - 03:48 PM

#56 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:15 PM

View PostKanyemander West, on 22 July 2016 - 05:46 AM, said:

Tays surviving the Vitr just tells me he met whatever qualifications were necessary to replace K'rul.

I hear you, however i still get the impression that only Azathanai can survive the Vitr. There does not seem to be any other species/peoples/creatures that can survive the Vitr. Even demons get disolved.

#57 User is offline   koehkont 

• Sergeant

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:48 AM

View PostNefaraisBredd, on 25 July 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

View PostKanyemander West, on 22 July 2016 - 05:46 AM, said:

I hear you, however i still get the impression that only Azathanai can survive the Vitr. There does not seem to be any other species/peoples/creatures that can survive the Vitr. Even demons get disolved.

I think you have a causality problem. The common denominator is the fact that both creatures have godlike abilities. It's like looking at a four-legged creature and concluding it's a dog, while it could be a cat as well. Tayschrenn survives the Vitr because he has godlike abilities. Azathanai survive it because they have the same abilities. This would explain why demons and dragons do not survive; although powerful they are not godlike. A good test would be to dump Kaminsod or the ascended Bridgeburners in there and see what happens

#58 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:53 AM

Who do you think is the creator of the Human race?

Mael? Old man Moon? A Jaghut (Haut or Varnadas or Gothos)

#59 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:07 AM

Evolution! That's why they're the misfits.

#60 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:34 AM

I also think that they are still the descendants of the Imass. Maybe an Azathanai will give evolution a kick in the right direction.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users