• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wrestling Entertainment Step into the Square Circle

#321 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 April 2020 - 02:37 PM

Caught some highlights. Very weird and hollow approach; lacking in the flavor needed that the fans interject. Need them signs and "asshole" chants from thousands.

From you booger eating die hard fans though, I now need to know who Drew McIntyre is.

Also, this. The 'Gronk", dafuq?!

#322 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 April 2020 - 02:56 PM

Just finished part 2 earlier. No idea where McIntyre comes from either. I think he was reintroduced as the Scottish Psychopath last year. According to the high light reel he's apparently been in the company for years with little push.

His match with Lesnar was terrible. Why do they do these kinds of matches? Was one of them hurt! Did they run out of time? I don't see the point of McIntyre kicking out of 3 F5s. What's the point of signature moves if they don't mean anything?

The Fun House match with Cena and Wyatt was awesome though. I love this Fiend gimmick. It's a lot more clever than just being a bad guy because there's truth to everything Wyatt does and says.

#323 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 April 2020 - 12:02 AM

Watched the Dark Side of the Ring episode : The Life and Crimes of New Jack.

My jaw dropped. The shit they were doing in "extreme wrestling" / "hardcore wrestling" in the 90s was absolutely mental, like felonious shit, shit that the wrestler New Jack was actually arrested for. He legitimately assaulted this 17 year, fat wrestler that went by the name 'Mass Transit'. The kid only had three matches experience before unwisely stepping into the ring with New Jack. And then there was the riling up the crowd with no censoring anything being said at the mic.. ... holy shit!

#324 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 April 2020 - 04:32 AM

Watched the new jack episode earlier as well. Actually made me like New Jack a little bit. Guys fucked up but in a funny kind of way. Should be in jail though.

The stuff about the things being said, the crowd and New Jack, that's actually Wrestling at it's purest. Real house show Wrestling is about getting the support or the hate of the crowd. Especially in the Southern territories. Down there they actually believe in the stuff.

#325 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:42 AM

That's not wrestling

This is real wrassling!
My link

#326 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:01 PM

The whole smoking pencil shavings and doing lines of coke before the matches was another jaw dropper.

## # # # # # # #
I watched the Chris Benoit two-part episode prior to the New Jack episode, but I really didn't want to think too much about it after viewing. So much sorrow and senseless loss to spend time examining it too much. But I was unaware about the Eddie Guerrero aspect.

#327 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 April 2020 - 05:27 PM

Gronk is returning to the NFL. He currently is the 24/7 Champion. How is the WWE going to handle this? I can't imagine they would just vacate the title and then set up a match for someone else to win it. This just isn't on brand for the WWE, and I can't see them going that route. So do they have one more event with Gronk were he loses the belt?

#328 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 April 2020 - 05:45 PM

The 24/7 title is a joke belt that can be won anywhere and anytime. They can run a segment any time, on a football field or anywhere else.

#329 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 May 2020 - 02:12 PM

Dark Side of the Ring - David Schultz & The Slap Heard Round the World.

H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T! that was mental! David Schultz (Dr. D) isn't to be fucked with, even to this day. Surprised there hasn't been a movie based on his life. Dude is a nuttier then a chipmunk turd, and when you hear someone say "they don't give a fuck" or "no fucks were given", it's usually a bunch of drama dripping puffery. Not with Dave Schultz, his name should be next to the dictionary entry of "Doesn't give a fuck."

Oh, and this episode removes any doubts - Vince McMahon is a scumbag of the highest order.

#330 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 27 May 2020 - 08:51 PM

Dark Side of the Ring - The Final Days of Owen Hart.

Fucked up shit through and through. Vince McMahon, again, looks like a complete scum bag. In fact, most of these episodes peel back the curtain and show what kind of person he was (is). Why the hell would you go on with the show after a wrestler just fell from the rafters into the ring and died? The dumbfounded looks on the faces of Jim Ross and Jerry 'The King' Lawler was unsettling to watch. I'm guessing the fans in the arena and watching on pay-per-view thought it was all a joke? and introducing a new story angle to Hart's persona - The Blue Blazer? I dunno man, but shit was fucked up. Much respect to Owen Hart's widow and family for fighting to get the settlement and doing good with the money. I imagine it was the equivalent of couch cushion money paid out by a billion dollar company like the WWF. Still McMahon was an asshole when he was being questioned. I'm not surprised he is friends with Trump and his wife works in the Trump administration.

#331 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:49 PM

I saw Fox Sports were hyping up the WWE Friday Night SmackDown main event between Roman Reigns VS Braun Strowman. Didn't watch any of it. Any good? Who won? Was it exciting?

Question: Has Braun Strowman eased up on the steroid use? In the promotion material I watched hyping the event dude looks like he has shrunk about two sizes. Like legit, he looks like when you throw a pair of wet socks on high heat tumble dry in the clothes dryer. Don't do steroids kids.

#332 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 October 2020 - 06:14 PM

I liked Wrestling better when they were all on steroids and cocaine and everyone had some kind of cartoon gimmick.

#333 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 April 2021 - 06:18 PM

So, WrestleMania this weekend.

What's interesting? -> Match ups - Celebrity appearances - Surprises.

What will be water cooler Monday morning talk?

#334 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 May 2021 - 08:39 AM

#335 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 22 August 2021 - 06:52 PM

Holy crap, CM Punk is with AEW. Almost makes me want to start watching wrestling again. Hrm. Never thought I'd see the day. With his old Cult of Personality theme tune as well. Damn.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#336 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 25 August 2023 - 10:47 PM

Haven't watched it in some time, but I heard today that Bray Wyatt died aged 36. Bloody hell. What a tragic loss. Heart attack after an illness exacerbated by a Covid infection. Gutted.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users