• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wrestling Entertainment Step into the Square Circle

#301 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 April 2019 - 07:04 PM

View PostAptorian, on 08 April 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

What the hell is up with Kofi Kingston's chest? There's a gaping hole at the center of his chest where the pectorals should be attached to his sternum? I've noticed Scott Steiner has the same issue.

Could be he has a condition which I know as 'concave chest' (not sure what the official medical term for it is). Not sure how common it is, but around grade 7 (or there about), there was a boy in my P.E. class who had it. I remember the first time we played a 'shirts vs. skins' basketball game, everyone was kind of taken aback by it (the kid was really skinny so it was quite pronounced), and we were scared he would get hurt. The P.E. teacher explained the basics about it and that he would be fine playing basketball.

#302 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 08 April 2019 - 10:32 PM

What do you mean 'world chMpionship not headlining', Apt? The headliner was a match for the two (women's) championship belts. The two top belts for the women's division. Two belts beat one belt. And no matter where the Bryan-Kofi matxh sat on the card, it truly was one of the most showstealing matches of the past 10 years WM history.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#303 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:24 PM

Anyway, one of the best WrestleManias that I have ever seen, hands down. Shame about the botched main event ending, otherwise it would be competing for best WM with some of the attitude era ones. But that botched Rousey pin was a massive letdown.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#304 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:40 PM

Watched Monday Night Raw last night to see if there was any blowback from WrestleMania. Undertaker made an appearance. Does saying 'dead man' summon him or something? That Elias Samson guy was doing his schtick, and ended performing a rap about Jon Cena. When he said the phase 'dead man', that tell tell 'gonnnnnnng' that announces the Undertaker chimed. Undertaker came in and did his thing. BTW, Undertaker is looking every bit his age. He's still pretty muscular and ripped, but dude is crispy AF. I imagine he is using all sorts of 'nutritional supplements' (safe/dangerous/legal/illegal/horse tranquilizers and whatever else) to keep in that shape at his age.

Also, lol at Aleister Black & Ricochet.

That Lars Sullivan dude should wrestle either Brock Lesner or Braun Stromwan.

I think I'll watch SmackDown tonight to see if there is any more fallout from WrestleMania. I guess next week's Raw and SmackDown some big announcements are being made. Is there something big going down? Like a reorganization of the whole system or something?

#305 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:27 AM

Ok, they teased this during Raw and now they've teased it during SmackDown. I need to know what it's about. Anybody know?
Posted Image

#306 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 20 July 2019 - 05:45 AM

While WWE continues to bury their new talent by continuously rolling out the same old tired workers (Undertaker, Shane) and tropes, AEW is starting to string together a few very nice PPV events. Fyterfest and Fight for the Fallen were both awesome and refreshing. Looking forward to All Out in August. Their weekly tv shows should begin in the Autumn on TNT (USA) and ITV (UK). At that point, at least in the UK, AEW will actually have a way way bigger tv exposure than WWE.

That said, I did think the matches Aleister Black vs Cesaro and Ricochet vs AJ Styles at Extreme Rules were awesome. It is just a crying shame that WWE Creative is so braindead.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 20 July 2019 - 05:46 AM

#307 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:43 PM

My new favorite thing is listening to Steve Austin talk about experiences and just general shenanigans he got up to when he was active in the wrestling business (or just the awesome things he's done during his lifetime). I've listened to him on a couple of different podcasts and his personal stories are a must hear. USA Network is trying to capture this story telling charisma Austin has by giving him his own action/adventure like talk show. I watched the first episode and it's pretty good (guest was Rob Riggle), but I'm content just putting on the headphones and listen to Austin talk about that time he and the Undertaker decided to go fishing when they had a weekend off.

#308 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:10 PM

I've tried listening to Austin's podcast but there's way too many commercials and merch and upcoming events, etc.

Same problem I had with the Jim Cornette experience, well, that and his vitriolic rants against Trump and co.

Now Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard. That's the perfect mix of old stories and wrestling memes.

#309 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:09 PM

The Dark Side of the Ring docuseries may be time well spent seeking out. I caught it on Viceland, but not sure if it is widely available outside the U.S.

wiki link

The episode - The Killing of Bruiser Brody - was bonkers. And whoooboy! don't even get me started on the fabulous Moolah episode.

#310 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 04 October 2019 - 07:00 PM

Is it just an old man reunion or is it a special event?

They've brought them back far too often, usually to squash talent for no reason.

#311 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:59 AM

Sounds like the usual WWE experience.

#312 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 05 October 2019 - 06:51 AM

If they have big names, it will most likely be to kick off the show. I think this was for their smackdown launch with a new broadcaster (Fox?). I havent followed wwe for a while, so not sure anymore. The new Monday night wars are now on Wednesday with NXT vs AEW. Raw and Smackdown are for the kiddies these days

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 05 October 2019 - 06:51 AM

#313 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 February 2020 - 06:50 PM

Okay pro wrestling talent scouts, you have your marching orders. Entice this guy away from football and into professional wrestling, STAT!

#314 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:36 AM

Vince McMahon's reaction: it's not a belt! It's a title!

#315 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:28 PM

Season 2 of Dark Side of the Ring begins airing tonight. First up: "Benoit Part One". It's gonna get, well... dark.

In 2007, wrestling superstar Chris Benoit murders his wife and 7-year-old son, then ends his own life; those closest to the tragedy never speak openly until now.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 24 March 2020 - 04:33 PM

#316 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:38 PM

Oh snap! What a pleasant treat. There's a Dark Side of the Ring after show (a la Talking Dead), called "After Dark" and it's hosted by Chris Gethard, who I like and have enjoyed his projects in the past, so this should be good. He should be bringing some thoughtful insight to the episodes (not sure if it is an ongoing thing though). I see for the discussion about the Benoit episode, all the guests are face timing due to coronavirus.

#317 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 05 April 2020 - 09:27 AM

I forgot that WrestleMania is this weekend. I honestly don't think I'd bother watching it this year, I'm that meh about WWEs product. But this is spread over two days with an empty arena.

I have to watch this. Probably more like hate watch.

I'm gonna start out with the Royal Rumble. Gotta see what underwhelming build up they plan to screw up at WrestleMania.

#318 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 05 April 2020 - 09:31 AM

Royal Rumble 2020 commentary:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 05 April 2020 - 01:01 PM

#319 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 April 2020 - 05:45 AM

Decided to jump through the Super Showdown Show in Saudi Arabia. I can see Goldberg is fighting The Fiend so that should be interesting.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 06 April 2020 - 06:57 AM

#320 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:16 AM

Started up WrestleMania 2020

This should be weird.

Initial impression? First match? This is the best wrestling I've ever watched.

This "unplugged" format is going to expose any wrestler not actually laying in the moves.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 06 April 2020 - 05:53 PM

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users