Malazan Empire: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them New Harry Potter universe film (series?)

#41 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:18 PM

I'm so stoked for FB2!!!!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#42 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:09 PM

Loved all original films. Thought FB1 was ok. Fantastic cast for the second one. It's an 'of course I'll watch.'
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#43 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:21 PM

SKOOSH!

Notable: NAGINI is in this, and it turns out she was an Animagus during Grindelwalds time?! I have so many questions! Excellent excellent questions! JK popped onto twitter to tell everyone that Nagini NOT an Animagus, but a Maledictus, which seems to be someone whose blood was cursed eventually turning them into a beast.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 25 September 2018 - 01:44 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#44 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:38 PM

View PostBriar King, on 25 September 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

Really gonna miss America though. I thought it was great. G-Wizards

I'm glad the American cast members will stick along for the ride though, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't fascinated to go to France, Japan, Brazil, and Norway too.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#45 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:16 AM

I'm super excited!

Loved FB1

#46 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 September 2021 - 08:21 PM

Was watching D to the G's "Fantasy News"... huh, I guess official title of FB3 is Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore. First one was ok. Second one dropped from that. Hopefully this one doesn't continue that trend.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 28 September 2021 - 08:23 PM

#47 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 December 2021 - 01:48 PM

Trailer!

A few things.

1. For anyone who thought that FB1 and FB 2 were poorly written and or too overstuffed with juddery pacing because JK is a book author, not a screenwriter...WB got wise with this one and hired Steve Kloves (who screenwrote all the HP movies) to write it. So the odds that it is far better written, with far better movie pacing are high.

2. Mads Mikkelsen looks GREAT as the replacement Grindelwald (with Depp out), and I'm glad they didn't force him into the look they gave Depp in FB 1 & 2 and let him just have his normal hair. I expect some in-story reason for the change, but it should go off without a hitch. And let's be real, as good as I think Depp was, Mikkelsen is a better actor.

3. I'm really curious about Jacob being given a wand since he's a muggle...my GUESS is that he's an undiscovered talent and he has magic.

Anyways, looks great!

#48 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 15 December 2021 - 05:43 PM

Wow, that looks like a fantastic beast of a movie.

#49 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 15 December 2021 - 06:29 PM

I like the sound of a better screen play writer. I liked the first film because of the Baker guy and discovering the wider world of the Wizards but all that convoluted ministry of magic stuff just does not matter to me. I want a fantastic adventure, not angsty melodrama.

#50 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 December 2021 - 06:45 PM

View PostAptorian, on 15 December 2021 - 06:29 PM, said:

I like the sound of a better screen play writer. I liked the first film because of the Baker guy and discovering the wider world of the Wizards but all that convoluted ministry of magic stuff just does not matter to me. I want a fantastic adventure, not angsty melodrama.

Wait, what convoluted ministry of magic stuff?

Do you mean the wider conflict between Grindelwald and Dumbledore and Grindelwald VS humanity?

#51 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 15 December 2021 - 06:49 PM

Sure. That stuff. And the wizard police.

#52 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 December 2021 - 07:29 PM

View PostAptorian, on 15 December 2021 - 06:49 PM, said:

Sure. That stuff. And the wizard police.

Buckle in because that was always going to be the point of this whole series.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users