• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:08 PM

Its going to be a shambles, like D&D or In The Name of the King

#22 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:19 PM

Oookay, let's not go overboard on the hyperbole here.

Comparing In the name of the King to the WOW film is a bit ridiculous. That film can't have had a budget higher than 20 million. It was fucking Uwe Boll.

The special effects/CGI budget on WOW alone is probably astronomical. I suspect the movie is going to be generic but I cannot imagine that Blizzard will allow a film company to completely tank their brand.

#23 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:00 PM

I'm envisioning something as disappointing as Ultramarines.
Apts tacit support of the film only furthers the truth that it will be utter shite

#24 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 November 2015 - 06:28 PM

I completely forgot about Ultramarines. Was it that bad? Not even any gratuitous extermination of xenos to make it worth it?

#25 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:47 PM

Absolutely abysmal. You'd probably love it.

Awful animation, crap story, shitty voice acting fir the most.

No redeeming features at all really, it almost looked like it had be screen grabbed from someone playing space marines, the motions were that clunky.

#26 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:23 AM

I didn't mind the CGI quality, it's not something I normally pay too much attention to. However, as worry so elegantly put it, the dialogue shown was terrible. I don't understand what has happened to Blizzard, did they fire their old writing staff? Do they have no one competent working quality control on the story aspects of their products?

Surely someone must have read the script and reacted?
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#27 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:26 AM

After playing Diablo 3 I sort of came to the conclusion that the company doesn't really give a fuck about writing.

#28 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:03 AM

View PostApt, on 08 November 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

I completely forgot about Ultramarines. Was it that bad? Not even any gratuitous extermination of xenos to make it worth it?

It could have been soooo good, and it was just soooo much worse. The Dawn of War cinematics are far superior in generally all aspects.

Which is really a shame, because Ultramarines have some top notch actors delivering voice overs and it just sucks. That "movie" has actually managed to make Terrance Stamp, John Hurt and Donald Sumpter sound awful. Heck, even Pertwee is better than this.

This post has been edited by Primateus: 09 November 2015 - 11:06 AM

Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#29 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:51 AM

Oh yeah, the Ultramarines movie was horrid. The old Starship Troopers Roughnecks cartoon was better than the Ultramarines movie.

I doubt Warcraft will be that bad. Heck, D&D was pretty awful but even those movies had some good bits - Jeremy Irons was fun to watch and the second and third movies had Lux and Arkodia. As for the cheap dialogue ... have any of you read the Warcraft books? If not, spare yourselves the pain.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#30 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:02 PM

View PostGarak, on 09 November 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

Oh yeah, the Ultramarines movie was horrid. The old Starship Troopers Roughnecks cartoon was better than the Ultramarines movie.

I used to own those on DVD and they were magnificently bad! And yet, you are still absolutely right, they were better than Ultramarines.

#31 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:41 PM

there were more d&d movies? who the hell financed them after the 1st was so shit?

#32 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:48 PM

The first D&D movie was so bad that after convincing my group of friends to see it back in the day...I have NEVER lived it down. And rightly so...that movie was Shiiiiiiit.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#33 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:57 PM

View PostBriar King, on 08 November 2015 - 02:22 AM, said:

How many races do they have? Standard man, elf, Orc, dwarf?

Someone at Youtube in comments says its from time before undead were created and Night elves sing and live happily in their forests. Then dwarves, gnomes, taurens and trolls came in in WoW. Draenei and blood elves came in TBC. Then worgens and goblins came in CATA. I'll just pretend there are no pandas.
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#34 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:02 PM

Soooooo... I've never played WoW/Warcraft, but it seems based on this trailer that all orc men are 600+ pounds while orc women are pretty much human-sized. OrcLady seems content enough with her orc husband, so are all the orc dudes so angry at the humans because they're jealous of the average human male's greater proportional endowment? Do orc women have a 90% death-through-childbirth rate? Are the orcs leaving their homeworld because all the male teenage orcs ate all the food as they grew from a human-sized baby to 1-tonne monstrosities?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#35 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:24 PM

View PostMacros, on 09 November 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

there were more d&d movies? who the hell financed them after the 1st was so shit?

There's 3 or 4 D&D movies, the sequels are actually alot better than the first one. Though that's not really saying much...

#36 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:26 PM

View PostD, on 09 November 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

Soooooo... I've never played WoW/Warcraft, but it seems based on this trailer that all orc men are 600+ pounds while orc women are pretty much human-sized. OrcLady seems content enough with her orc husband, so are all the orc dudes so angry at the humans because they're jealous of the average human male's greater proportional endowment? Do orc women have a 90% death-through-childbirth rate? Are the orcs leaving their homeworld because all the male teenage orcs ate all the food as they grew from a human-sized baby to 1-tonne monstrosities?

Yes. :p

Seriously though I will watch the hell out of this movie because reasons. The bastards got me right in the childhood.

Honestly yes this could be ALOT better but the fact that these guys are doing this at all works for me.

It sets the bar. Hopefully it draws enough interest for prettier work, ambitious work and in-depth work all done in the same vein.

I'm not asking for an MMO movie flood. Thats not what I'm calling down upon us, but the mechanime scene has seen some delightful innovations over the last 5 years and its good to see a "big break" into the movie industry from the gaming industry.

As soon as we get an epic cinematic experience of the Infinity Blade franchise I believe the Movie Gods have done their job.

'Til then I say this is progress.

Yay progress. :)

This post has been edited by Dolmen 2.0: 09 November 2015 - 03:27 PM

“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#37 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:40 AM

I love blizzard game cinematics. When I first heard the movie was going to be live action I was confused and dissapointed. Do those cinematics just take too much money and time to make them into a full movie?

In any even the trailer niether worried or excited me. I await further developments

#38 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:53 AM

I think it's a question of audiences. If Pixar makes an animated movie you know whole families will buy tickets for the film and then watch it ten times more because the kid begs to go see it again and then comes the Blue ray and merchandice money.

If Blizzard makes a mature animated movie, what is the target audience? Probably the same people who buy their games. 18-35 somethings, mostly male. You could could probably expect to sell a ton of figurines to them but they're not going to run out and buy a lunch box with a Thrall sticker.

I don't think an animated WOW film could hope to sell as well as a live action one. Well, maybe if you got James Cameron to make the sequel.

This post has been edited by Apt: 12 November 2015 - 11:54 AM

#39 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:11 PM

View PostD, on 09 November 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

Orc used to be a nomadic pastoral people. Then demons came and corrupted them and they started a war with the other sentient species on their planet the dranei. War destroyed the planet so using a magic portal they fled to the planet where wow takes place. Then shit happens.

Basically demons are trying to fuck shit up on the world of azeroth.

its been too long since i played warcraft 3.

#40 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:19 PM

D'rek is joking about the ridiculous size of the Orcs, not actually asking for the background story of them.

If you think about it, the way the orcs are shown in this trailer, actual military opposition to them would be pretty dire. An orc that looks like the size of a house would plow through human ranks like the soldiers were toddlers on an American football field.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users