I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1302 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 03 July 2022 - 06:30 PM

One person has been arrested but it seems like there's a suggestion that there might be another shooter? What ever the case the police are still on alert. So far unverified reports suggest that a woman has been killed and several people wounded.

There's going to be a press briefing at 20.45.

The footage captured by witnesses suggests it's a mentally ill man with a hunting rifle.

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 03 July 2022 - 06:32 PM

#1303 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 July 2022 - 05:57 AM

3 killed, several wounded. :(

... and that infinite font of verbal and mental diarrhoea Lauren Boebert just shows again how people like her completely miss the point:

https://www.news.com...20ae7254a170a42

"Conservative Americans claim gun laws don’t work after Copenhagen shooting
American gun activists have seized on the deadly mass shooting in Denmark overnight to allege that stricter gun laws don’t work."

Are Americans actually getting even more stupid? Then again, with what's been going on all over the world in the last 10 years, 5 years especially, I don't think the Yanks have a monopoly on diminishing intellect. :(
It's a horrible combination of Idiocracy and the Handmaids Tale over there. This is what happens when you continually appeal to the lowest common intellectual denominator.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1304 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 05 July 2022 - 05:27 PM

And another shooting in Illinois! Huzzah for freedom!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1305 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 05 July 2022 - 05:53 PM

'The fireworks-firearms connection was not just a reporter's metaphor. [...] For Fourth of July paradegoers in Highland Park [...] the happy throng initially assumed that the sound they heard [...] was produced by joy-seekers igniting firecrackers.

Then someone shouted: "There's a shooter," and panic set in, scattering families and the local high school marching band in all directions.

[...] injured from bullet wounds or the stampede[...]

[...] the three-day celebratory weekend added [at least] 13 [mass shootings in the United States ...]

[...] In addition to the two mass shootings in the Chicago region others were recorded in Boston, Sacramento and Kansas City.

Also on the list was Richmond, Virginia[...] Patrick Henry made his "Give me liberty or give me death" speech here [....]

[...] In other towns and cities, the fear of gun violence was enough in itself to set scores of spectators bolting even where no shooter was present.

In Lake Eola, Florida, hundreds of people stampeded at a fireworks display [...] after news spread that an unidentified noise was gunfire. Orlando police said that there was no evidence that a shot had been fired.

[...] signs of political exhaustion in the face of the unrelenting epidemic. [...] Biden[...] barely mentioned the Highland Park massacre when he gave the formal Fourth of July speech on the White House lawn.

[...] Darren Bailey, the Republican party's nominee in the 2022 governor's race in Illinois [...] gave the usual refrain about praying for the victims. Then he added: "And then let's move on and celebrate freedom"'

As fireworks lit up the sky, firearms displayed an uglier face of US culture | Highland Park shooting | The Guardian

'The gun used at the Highland Park Fourth of July parade was purchased legally in Illinois by Crimo, who had been planning the attack for "several weeks," [...] After the massacre, he blended into the crowd and ran to his mother's home[...] Crimo fired more than 70 rounds [...]

Highland Park has had an assault-weapons ban in place since 2013.'

Alleged Parade Gunman Robert "Bobby" Crimo Disguised Himself in Women's Clothes, Ran Home to Mommy (thedailybeast.com)

'The 21-year-old suspect, who is known as Bobby, has left behind a huge online footprint, much of it linked to his stage name Awake the Rapper. His music and accompanying videos, which are filled with violent imagery and references to mass shootings, have amassed millions of streams on mainstream platforms like Spotify and YouTube.

[...] The shooter accessed the roof using an "unsecured" ladder[...]

After the shooting, the shooter evaded police for over eight hours. Local, state, and federal officers conducted a massive manhunt, going door-to-door in the neighborhood and ordering all those in the central business district to shelter indoors for hours after the shooting took place.

[...]

His YouTube videos portray a clear fascination with violence, and mass shootings in particular. In his most recent video uploaded to YouTube, he is seen in the aftermath of a school shooting and the video concludes with him draping himself in the American flag.

In an animated video [...] a character that appears to represent the suspect is seen facing down police and being shot while holding a rifle. In another video, in which he appears in a classroom wearing a black bicycle helmet, he raps about an inevitable event that he can't stop himself from carrying out.

"It's unstoppable… I need to leave now. I need to just do it. It is my destiny. Everything has led up to this. Nothing can stop me, even myself. Is there such a thing as free will or has this been planned out… it's what I was sent here to do.

Like a sleepwalker… walking blindly into the night."

His YouTube channel also featured a logo that appears to resemble the one used by the Finnish far-right group known as Suomen Sisu, which has published books by white supremacist David Duke. His Discord channel was also called "SS" which may be a reference to Hitler's personal bodyguard troop.'

What We Know About the Highland Park Shooting Suspect (vice.com)

#1306 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 05 July 2022 - 10:24 PM

'Highland Park shooter obtained guns legally despite 2019 threat to kill family

[...] managed to legally obtain five guns – including the murder weapon [...]

Police encountered Robert Crimo III, 21, when he tried to take his own life [...] prompting a call to officers[...]

[...] Then, in September of that year, a relative of Crimo called police and reported that in his family home he had threatened “to kill everyone” [...]

That report prompted police to remove 16 knives, a dagger and a sword from his home.

Even though Highland Park’s municipal government banned assault-style guns within city limits in 2013, [...] Crimo managed to legally obtain two rifles – including one styled after an AR-15 – and at least three other guns in the general Chicago area, many parts of which do not enforce such restrictions.'

Highland Park shooter obtained guns legally despite 2019 threat to kill family

#1307 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 19 July 2022 - 01:07 AM

400 police officers responded to Uvlade shooting.

I've noticed that too. I've driven by a number of traffic stops where there will be like 12/14/18 police cruisers with their lights on for the one car they have pulled over. Usually a number of the officers at the scene are just mulling around, visiting with one another. Like, how many police does it require to secure a single suspect, even if he is armed and dangerous? Seems like a monumental waste of tax dollars and more important, I think the more police you have on scene for such incidences, the more likelihood something could happen in error, like an unarmed black man getting shot 60 times. Managing communications has to be near impossible and if you're the guy they are apprehending, seeing a convoy of police cars in the rear view surely isn't going to decrease the tension.

#1308 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 03 August 2022 - 07:35 PM

This is interesting.

Link

Has someone on Alex Jones' legal team accidentally on purpose shared the texts? I mean sharing them is 'bad' enough but then not following up to label them privileged seems too stupid. I can't imagine anyone with more than half a brain happily working for this guy. Sandy Hook stuff is just too painful to read - what he put those families through...
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#1309 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 August 2022 - 12:26 AM

Ha! The 1/6 committee said pass those texts our way when you're done with them.

https://www.rollings...poeana-1392270/

#1310 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 August 2022 - 11:55 PM

And it's confirmed. The 1/6 committee's fall return in September was already greenlit, but I hope this will give the writers more material to pull from as they workshop season 2. Posted Image

https://www.cnn.com/...ones-january-6/

#1311 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 11 August 2022 - 12:37 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 03 August 2022 - 07:35 PM, said:

This is interesting.

Link

Has someone on Alex Jones' legal team accidentally on purpose shared the texts? I mean sharing them is 'bad' enough but then not following up to label them privileged seems too stupid. I can't imagine anyone with more than half a brain happily working for this guy. Sandy Hook stuff is just too painful to read - what he put those families through...

'Why Texas law will protect [...] Alex Jones from real accountability[...]

[...] Jones will never pay that $45.2 million. Because of tort reform caps, those punitive damages are going (to) get pared back to a meager $750,000."

[...] Texas has an "exemplary damages cap formula" [...]

"There are some limited exceptions to the exemplary damages cap, colloquially called 'cap busters,'— but unfortunately, only relate to damages from criminally felonious conduct such as murder, injuring children or the elderly, or cooking meth. Now, at this point, you might be wondering, 'Why would the jury issue a verdict so large if they knew it was going to be reduced?' The answer is: The jury does not know about the damages cap until after the trial, because the statute forbids telling them…. The end result will be a dramatic markdown from the jury's verdicts last week, and a sharp disappointment for those hoping that the proceedings would 'send a message' to Jones and people like him."

[...] Jones is "likely to raise more money off the verdicts against him than he'll pay out to victims."'

Biden said there was zero inflation in July—accurately. The GOP was apoplectic

... the conspiracy theorist's actual conspiracy to facilitate future murders of children (and everyone else) of course won't count under the (current) law....

Meanwhile:

'As Shootings Soar in Philadelphia, City is Awash in Guns

More than 1,400 people have been shot this year in Philadelphia, hundreds of them fatally — a higher toll than in much larger New York or Los Angeles.

[...] number of homicides in Philadelphia [...] on track toward becoming the highest in police records, passing the bleak milestone set just last year. [...] Alarms have sounded about gun violence across the country over the past two years, but Philadelphia is one of the few major American cities where it truly is as bad as it has ever been.

[...] "Everybody is armed," [...]

[...] For every illegal gun seized by the police in Philadelphia between 1999 and 2019, about three more guns were bought or sold legally — and that was before a recent boom in gun ownership.

In Philadelphia over the past two years, as all around the country, the pace of legal gun sales surged, roughly doubling during the pandemic years. [...]

None of these figures include the apparently flourishing market in illegal guns. Over the past two years, reports of stolen guns have spiked, major gun-trafficking pipelines have been uncovered and, according to the police, many more guns have been found that were illegally converted into fully automatic weapons.

[...] Krasner, one of the most prominent progressive prosecutors in the country, has long argued that putting a major focus on the arrest and incarceration of people caught carrying firearms without a permit is not only ineffectual but counterproductive, because it diverts police energy and resources from solving violent crime and alienates people whom investigators need as sources and witnesses.

There were no arrests in three quarters of last year's fatal shootings, according to statistics provided by Mr. Krasner's office, even as arrests for illegal guns soared to record levels.

Only a small fraction of the people who are arrested for carrying guns without permits are the ones actually driving the violence[... Krasner] insisted that the city needed to focus instead on people who had already proven themselves to be dangerous, and to invest in advanced forensic technology'

As Shootings Soar in Philadelphia, City is Awash in Guns

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 11 August 2022 - 12:38 PM

#1312 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 03 September 2022 - 03:52 AM

In total, ATF manages 920,664,765 OBR as of November 2021. This includes digital and an estimated number of hard copy records that are awaiting image conversion. It is currently estimated that 865,787,086 of those records are in a digitalized format. - ATF

"These records contain all sorts of personal information on gun owners in addition to the gun they've purchased. Important personal information, including their names, addresses, place of birth, sometimes even social security numbers, can all be found on these records"

Hey at least we know there is ALOT more guns then we thought. Now I wonder how much of these are the unregistered guns @400 million or so..

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 03 September 2022 - 03:53 AM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1313 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 October 2022 - 10:12 PM

Alex Jones. Just shy of a billion. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

#1314 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 13 October 2022 - 12:28 AM

If they can do this to a moderate, middle of the road conservative like Jones…
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#1315 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 13 October 2022 - 01:42 PM

The best thing about this is that even bankrupt, this will interfere with his ability to get and keep jobs and it will hunt him FOR LIFE. It's not enough for the damage he caused...but its's something. This will be a financial bell around his neck for the rest of his natural born life, any time he has money it will be chased by these debts.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1316 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 13 October 2022 - 01:54 PM

I'm fairly sure I saw somewhere on Reddit that he's already saying "they're not going to see any of it"
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1317 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 13 October 2022 - 02:22 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 13 October 2022 - 01:54 PM, said:

I'm fairly sure I saw somewhere on Reddit that he's already saying "they're not going to see any of it"

Oh they likely won't. He doesn't have it, or does' have anywhere close to it...but he will still be chased for it forever. I don't even think it was about payout to the families...they want Jones to pay for the trauma he put them through by being a financial pariah for eternity and hopefully end up impoverished and destitute.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1318 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 November 2022 - 10:21 PM

It's one project, top to bottom.

They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#1319 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 07 January 2023 - 02:44 AM

A SIX-YEAR OLD!!!! FFS America, you are one sick, sick, sick country.
Sort your shit out. :(

https://www.news.com...1258bdb6ed65dcb

Boy, 6, shoots teacher at elementary school in Virginia: cops
A six-year-old boy has been taken into custody after allegedly shooting a female teacher inside a classroom - leaving her with life-threatening injuries- after an argument.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1320 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 07 January 2023 - 06:41 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 07 January 2023 - 02:44 AM, said:

A SIX-YEAR OLD!!!! FFS America, you are one sick, sick, sick country.
Sort your shit out. :(

https://www.news.com...1258bdb6ed65dcb

Boy, 6, shoots teacher at elementary school in Virginia: cops
A six-year-old boy has been taken into custody after allegedly shooting a female teacher inside a classroom - leaving her with life-threatening injuries- after an argument.

In Virginia the solution will probably be 'she should have had a gun to shoot him first' (but no effective nonlethal weapons allowed!). Body armor 24/7 (but never any masks!). Might as well have guns embedded in the armor, facing in all directions....

Or maybe they'll conclude that he must've been possessed by the Devil. So they'll just keep performing exorcisms until he stops murdering people. (But keeping guns away from him would be against Freedom, and our Go*-given right to bear glocks... it's right there in the words Go* wrote, the holy Constitution!)

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 07 January 2023 - 06:42 PM

Share this topic:

• 73 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users