#1181 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 May 2022 - 10:03 AM

Feel our pain.

https://www.betootaa...control-regime/

Australia Enjoys Another Peaceful Day Under Oppressive Gun Control Regime

------------------------------

Yes, it's satire, but it's probably a lot more effective than "thoughts and prayers".
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1182 User is online   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 25 May 2022 - 11:09 AM

Religion and guns, the perfect shitstorm.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#1183 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 May 2022 - 12:28 PM

View PostGorefest, on 25 May 2022 - 07:36 AM, said:

No, it is simply because the gun lobby is too powerful and merkins luv their guns yep yep yep. Nowhere else in the worlddoes this happen.

This.

And I'd argue that Sandy Hook was THE moment for something to happen to change things. A line in the sand that many many Americans happily walked across.

It goes to show you how DEEPLY insular and self-involved so much of the USA is at a personal level that they can only SEE their own country as mattering...and all the evidence of this shit NOT happening in every other country is some kind of fiction to them that simply not achievable in the US.

It is achievable, but the gun lobby is far too strong.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 25 May 2022 - 12:30 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1184 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 May 2022 - 01:01 PM

The NRA has its annual meeting this weekend, in Texas. Texas gov., Ted Cruz and Trump have scheduled speeches. Bloody hell, can this timeline be more fucked up? I wonder what will be some of the talking points? Arm more teachers (x) check.

#1185 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 25 May 2022 - 03:18 PM

'[He] purchased two AR-15-style rifles [...] two days before the massacre [...] They were legal purchases.'

https://abc7.com/ele...de-tx/11893076/

The Trumpian right has been using trying to deflect by presenting essentially baseless speculation about the shooter as fact:

'Photos circulated on Twitter and other social media purporting that Ramos was both trans and an undocumented immigrant.

[...]

Multiple tweets, many of which have since been deleted, included photos claimed to be of Ramos wearing feminine clothing; these narratives were subsequently picked up by conspiracy media, including InfoWars and some politicians including Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ), who later deleted the tweet.

[...]
@DrPauIGosar

"We know already fool. It's a transsexual leftist illegal alien named Salvatore Ramos. It's apparently your kind of trash."

[...]
However, it was quickly revealed that none of the photos were either of Ramos or verifiable as him.

[...] said one of the pictures attributed to Ramos was actually of themselves, stating: "it's not me, I don't even live in texas."

[...]

"Illegal Immigrant" Claims

[...] This speculation may be derived from Uvalde's location, which is less than 70 miles from the Mexican border.

[...] Ramos had moved to Uvalde from North Dakota'

Uvalde Suspect Salvador Ramos Trans Claims—What We Do Know, What We Don't

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 25 May 2022 - 03:39 PM

#1186 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 25 May 2022 - 03:46 PM

thats what always grinds my gears.

It doesn't matter if he is from fucking Mars, he walked in and bought 2 AR15s.

what
the
fuck

#1187 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 25 May 2022 - 03:54 PM

this guy

I know nothing about the man, nor the NBA or basically most of what or how America doesn't work, but what he says has to resonate around the country, surely, everyone needs to be screaming at their representative for this, its a simple fucking background check.

eta - ugh I made the mistake of scrolling some of the comments...........man people suck

This post has been edited by Macros: 25 May 2022 - 03:57 PM

#1188 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 25 May 2022 - 04:15 PM

Most of these are the same people who went batshit about masks and Covid.

My freedom to do whatever the fuck I want is far more important than your life. Unless you are a fetus. Then that fetus is far more important than everything else, but you get my point.

FREEDOM!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#1189 User is online   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 25 May 2022 - 04:19 PM

Freedumb.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#1190 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 25 May 2022 - 04:19 PM

I'm so pro-life I want children to die before I want sensible gun laws!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#1191 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 25 May 2022 - 05:34 PM

Posted Image

... notice the 'hands folded in prayer' emoji....

#1192 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 25 May 2022 - 05:54 PM

'In the wake of the school shooting[...] one Florida lawmaker took to Twitter[...]

"I have news for the embarrassment that claims to be our President — try to take our guns and you’ll learn why the Second Amendment was written in the first place," Florida GOP Rep. Randy Fine wrote.'

Florida Republican threatens to teach POTUS 'why the Second Amendment was written'

... but he's not alone....

#1193 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 May 2022 - 06:07 PM

Here's Beto O'Rourke trying to make a point about the incident and out comes the old American/Republican stand-by "Don't make this a political issue!"...it would be funny if it wasn't intensely sad and horrible.

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#1194 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 25 May 2022 - 06:13 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 May 2022 - 06:07 PM, said:

Here's Beto O'Rourke trying to make a point about the incident and out comes the old American/Republican stand-by "Don't make this a political issue!"...it would be funny if it wasn't intensely sad and horrible.

'I can't believe you're a sick son of a bitch that would come to a [d-something---deal?] like this to make a political issue'. Wow (though I should be beyond being surprised by now...).

Posted Image

#1195 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 25 May 2022 - 06:20 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 25 May 2022 - 04:19 PM, said:

There’s tons of gun laws none of them seem to work well?

https://www.kens5.co...l/273-548565605

Still wondering if they will release if these are related^ too bad we can’t know for sure. I wonder if this will be investigated.. would like to know what society in that area is doing to make these types. Remember this kid was made this way…

In other news sounds like society let this kid run around he was teased relentlessly for wearing makeup/ having a lisp. No dad, mom lost custody to grandma due to drugs..His best friend stopped being friends cause he talked about killing people non stop. He drove around shooting people with a BB gun. He self mutilated his face by cutting at it with a knife. More than once ? He threatened people. He threated girls.

Sounds like the local society created a reaver to me.

(I’m a little surprised he could afford two Daniel defenses. $$$$)

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 25 May 2022 - 06:22 PM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1196 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 May 2022 - 06:36 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 25 May 2022 - 06:20 PM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 25 May 2022 - 04:19 PM, said:

There’s tons of gun laws none of them seem to work well?

Pffft. Yeah, the rest of the countries in the world make it work but you guys can't? LOL

Sure.

#1197 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 25 May 2022 - 06:39 PM

View PostNicodimas, on 25 May 2022 - 06:20 PM, said:

There's tons of gun laws none of them seem to work well?

Of course they don't, aren't they deliberately designed, by the opposition and years of steady gutting, to be unenforceable?

Laws can't work if the people who implement them and those who has to enforce them don't want to.

it's a sick culture!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#1198 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 25 May 2022 - 06:52 PM

Re Nicos post about the shooter.

society can create any amount of these people, just don't let them gets guns.
He talked about shooting people and he was able to buy a gun?
Dude, yo' guns laws be broken

#1199 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 25 May 2022 - 07:11 PM

View PostMacros, on 25 May 2022 - 06:52 PM, said:

Re Nicos post about the shooter.

society can create any amount of these people, just don't let them gets guns.
He talked about shooting people and he was able to buy a gun?
Dude, yo' guns laws be broken

That’s what always bothers me we continue to churn these kids out , we know a lot of the causes , but can’t lift a finger to get them help! It’s really hard to do.. we sadly don’t talk about it enough either. Like if comes out same kid from 2018. Wow :(

One of my founding arguments is it’s impossible to control. /scale …which is why it’s impossible to remove now too. Once you wrap your head around that you HAVE to seek out better solutions. Of course once safely occurs at a macro level people would voluntarily do.. but I guess that’s a /utopian thought

America will send billions (50.. soon to be 100 billion) to Ukraine in weapons as aid to protect itself, but won’t for schools in a country with 400 million + guns. Probably 500 as that’s based off NICs hypothetical calculations. Limit the entrances and have guard. It’s ludicrous.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Nicodimas: 25 May 2022 - 07:12 PM

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1200 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 25 May 2022 - 07:25 PM

I have it!

Go lift all the AR15s and send them to Ukraine.

Cut the bullshit Nico, if that wackadoodle hadn't been able to pick up a gun from Costco he wouldn't have been able to shoot people.

This is a simple equation, bad people can't buy guns, means bad people can't use guns.

I'm not saying go lift them all off the streets, I mean, they should, I'm saying make them fucking hard to buy.
Stop obfuscating and accept the fact that there are easy solutions to dangerous people buying guns with no checks or control. We have a gun, for pest control, my dad has to have a license for it, it required a background check with references for character.

This post has been edited by Macros: 25 May 2022 - 07:26 PM

Share this topic:

• 73 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users