• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guns, control and culture.

#1161 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 29 December 2019 - 02:32 AM

View PostTsundoku, on 29 December 2019 - 02:22 AM, said:

Definitely something more going on there.

#1162 User is offline   King Lear 

• Une belle quelquesomething sans merci
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:44 PM

7 people are dead, including a gunman, on the Milwaukee campus of Molson Coors

This is apparently the 45th mass shooting of 2020 and the first one I've heard about.
*Men's Frights Activist*

#1163 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:44 AM

45th mass shooting? What? This is called insanity.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#1164 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:14 AM

When something so heinous becomes utterly unremarkable, it says a lot about us as a species.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#1165 User is offline   King Lear 

Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:34 PM

View PostGarak, on 27 February 2020 - 07:44 AM, said:

45th mass shooting? What? This is called insanity.

Yeah using this website https://www.gunviole...s/mass-shooting

Different numbers are used by different organisations, using different definitions of 'mass shooting' and some definitions are narrower; GVA includes injuries as well as deaths specifically by gun violence, whereas the FBI, for example, only calls it a 'mass killing' if four or more people die (excepting the shooter) and doesn't differentiate the weapon/s used.

They state on their methodology page "GVA does not parse the definition to remove any subcategory of shooting. To that end we don’t exclude, set apart, caveat, or differentiate victims based upon the circumstances in which they were shot.". It looks like they include familicide as well which seems odd to me because they'd miss the ones involving smaller families. But I guess their purpose in this case is to show how easy and common it is to kill and/or injure many different people at once.
*Men's Frights Activist*

#1166 User is offline   King Lear 

Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:39 PM

Oh and here's the chaser: One day after a mass shooting in Milwaukee that left at least six people dead, Gov. Bill Lee will announce his support for legislation that would make Tennessee the latest state to allow residents to carry guns without obtaining a permit.
*Men's Frights Activist*

#1167 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:57 PM

Ar they aware of .... reality?
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#1168 User is offline   King Lear 

Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:44 PM

View PostGarak, on 27 February 2020 - 08:57 PM, said:

Ar they aware of .... reality?

Oh yeah they are. They just don't care because they think it won't affect them. And they're paid to do it.
*Men's Frights Activist*

#1169 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 17 May 2020 - 02:42 AM

From the height of the Great Shit Ticket Shortage of '20, some humour:

https://www.betootaa...ipe-with-a-gun/

American Out Of Toilet Paper Forced To Wipe With A Gun

LOUIS BURKE | Investigation | CONTACT

At the time of writing, the USA is now leading the world in confirmed cases of COVID-19 with President Donald Trump reassuring the public he is a ‘wartime president’ who will step in once the deadly virus has ‘claimed Hillary Clinton.’

While none are surprised to hear the USA isn’t doing well against a threat they can’t drone strike, daring acts of bravery and resourcefulness have emerged from the world’s original home of freedom.

Recently, a gun enthusiast by the name Ford Jackson (44) decided to creatively interpret the second amendment after he ran out of toilet paper.

“Here goes nothing,” stated Jackson as he gripped his gun in his warm, live hands.

“Whoops. Nearly forgot to switch the safety off.”

With care, Jackson proceeded to wipe his dirty ass with the barrel of his gun, ensuring it was facing away from anything he didn’t intend to destroy, while still being ready should an intruder enter his bathroom.

“This is our right. They can’t take this away from us. If the liberals get their way, we won’t be allowed to do this anymore.”

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 17 May 2020 - 02:42 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1170 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 July 2020 - 12:34 AM

Charlie Daniels has passed. He's famous for "Fought Satan with my Geetar" fame. He more recently did this add for the NRA and I believe he was a Fox News regular.

On a separate note, that's two famous people now. Doesn't the death pool rules say there will be a third? So, who's it gonna be?

#1171 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 18 March 2021 - 04:59 PM

Said the shooter was just having a bad day.

Georgia sheriff's spokesman appeared to promote racist shirt

*link is to www.washingtonpost.com

Posted Image

Go further than defund the police. Start a nation wide process where every law enforcement officer has to reapply and interview for their job. The process should involve a diverse participation of stake holders from the community and incorporate strict background checks, like you are applying for a job at the Pentagon. If any racist shit is found on your social media, you are not rehired, full stop.

#1172 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 July 2021 - 08:46 AM

Surely this has to be a wind-up? No-one even vaguely near their right mind could possibly think this is a good idea.

https://www.news.com...c27310dac298564

I've been trying to find a link saying it's a joke but no luck so far. 'Murica, constantly finding new depths to plumb. :doh:

From the company website:

https://culperprecision.com/

"We here at Culper Precision are grateful for the attention that Block19 is currently getting across the globe. We built Block19 to create an opportunity to talk about the enjoyment of the shooting sports and the joy that can only be found in marksmanship practice and training. While the 2nd Amendment is foundationally important to the freedoms that we enjoy in the United States of America as a check on the power that We the People grant our elected officials and as a tool to make the weak strong in the face of those who would oppress and maim, we also recognize and built this to highlight the pure enjoyment of the shooting sports as we feel that like us, our customers truly deeply love the shooting sports and the inherent fun, satisfaction and joy that comes from participation in them.

It has long been the expectation of the firearm community that each of us as responsible owners of firearms take measures to secure our firearms from ANY unauthorized person. While we are never in support of legislating personal responsibility, we understand that many municipalities have current laws in place to penalize or hold responsible those who fail to secure their firearms and allow unauthorized access to a firearm by juveniles or any other prohibited person. We would remind everyone that failing to secure a firearm of ANY color from unauthorized persons is irresponsible. There are many solutions for balancing safety and readiness for under $100 all over the marketplace.

Our business is taking a firearm of known value and transforming it into a personalized invaluable treasure for a fair price. People have the right to customize their property to make it look like whatever they want. It is our business to assist firearms owners in making their guns better reflect them as a person and individual, our pieces speak to the owner of the gun as they have selected those options from a seemingly infinite range of possibilities.

It seems that no matter what we create in the firearms industry anti gunners seem to leverage every *true* innovation (block19 is NOT an innovation it is a fun safe queen) shortly after its release to talk about why guns are bad. We are sick of the past 30-40 years of slowly capitulating our rights away in the fear of what someone who hates us for exercising our 2nd Amendment rights thinks about us. Rather than live in fear of the loud voices on social media we decided to release Block19 in an attempt to communicate that it is ok to own a gun and not wear tactical pants every day and that owning and shooting firearms responsibly is a really enjoyable activity. We watched last year as record numbers of new friends that were previously on the fence or in many cases wholly misunderstood the place of firearms in modern society go out and purchase guns. We are extremely excited for these first time gun buyers to seek out firearms education and marksmanship training as we know that the pure enjoyment of firearms will be found therein.

We built block19 to show all these new firearms owners that guns are not JUST for Law Enforcement and current or former Military, or the types that are prone to overt bravado that is so often portrayed on social media, guns are for EVERYONE, and we want to be the first to welcome new firearms owners from any personality type or political affiliation, if you own a firearm, you are our friend.. Whatever that may or may not be worth to you… if you are a human being that is alive and legally able to purchase a firearm we built this to be a welcome and a gesture of friendship and inclusion. We believe this inclusion mindset, if adopted by all gun owners everywhere, is what helps grow the 2A community and secure our rights for the future. It is our hope that firearms are able to double not only as ‘The Great Equalizer’ but also hopefully soon the great unifier and this is our small attempt to that end, making the 2nd amendment too painful to tread on…

– Culper Precision"

Fucking dimwits. :rant: :realmad:

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 14 July 2021 - 08:47 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#1173 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 18 July 2021 - 06:16 AM

When America's two favourite pastimes intersect:

https://www.news.com...9592ba027e49aed

#1174 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 04 December 2021 - 02:15 PM

Well fuck me, there really is a first time for everything:

https://www.news.com...a954d41b9523054

Jennifer and James Crumbley arrested: Alleged school shooter’s parents found after manhunt

These charges are intended to hold the individuals who contributed to this tragedy accountable and also send the message that gun owners have a responsibility,” Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald said when she announced the charges against the Crumbleys earlier this week."

That must be the first time in history anyone has ever spoken those words in the American legal system.

#1175 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 May 2022 - 01:02 AM

Watch till the end and share/pass it on to others. Something needs to change.

https://twitter.com/...246789290934272

#1176 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 25 May 2022 - 04:08 AM

Nothing will get done, because as we all know; "now is not the time to politicize this issue."
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#1177 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 25 May 2022 - 04:17 AM

View PostPrimateus, on 25 May 2022 - 04:08 AM, said:

Nothing will get done, because as we all know; "now is not the time to politicize this issue."

Nothing will get done , cause neither side will listen to the other..the divide is to big ideologically.... Even if children are dieing
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#1178 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 25 May 2022 - 07:36 AM

No, it is simply because the gun lobby is too powerful and merkins luv their guns yep yep yep. Nowhere else in the worlddoes this happen.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#1179 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 25 May 2022 - 07:37 AM

Also, if this is about the 2nd amendment, ehy doesnt everyone walk around with big hairy arms with bear claws?
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#1180 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 25 May 2022 - 07:37 AM

That is how i would push for my rights. I want bear arms, dammit.

Share this topic:

• 73 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users