knew rhyll was a killer.
sorry for my drop out

#62 User is offline   ansible 

• Group: High House Mafia

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:46 PM

View PostCalm, on 15 October 2015 - 06:52 PM, said:

View Postansible, on 15 October 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

Summary: The game ended. Scum won.

I am very disappointed at the modding of this game. First, within the timespan of a few hours on day 1, we have someone reveal as healer, get lynched, and then in the lynch scene the healer is explicitly mentioned, confirming that the reveal was fake. No other scenes mention the healer or any other roles. This is beyond unacceptable to me. To actually confirm for all players - on thread, as the mod - whether or not a reveal was fake or real is playing the game, not modding it. I don't care how you justify it; this was a massive mistake and it looks to be intentional. I am honestly still in shock that this even happened.

Since I am learning this process...I'll ask for opinion..Since the healer was mentioned following Gnaw's fake-reveal, should I have included a healer in a dialogue for the Night 3, NK block by heal?...Just want to try to get some opinions here. I know all is at the mod discretion, but I'll like to try to get a feel for how to balance the game. I've seen mods act in games where their influence made for a better game, especially when player inactivity almost always has a direct effect on the town's chances. Scum players almost always seem pretty engaged, while 9 time out of 10 town players are the ones on the modkill list.

Generally speaking, no, it is not standard to include any information about night actions in scenes (like, "the healer blocked the NK!!!!"). Not only should the players not know this, but neither should the killers know their target was healed, and healer should not get confirmation that his heal succeeded. The idea is that this information heavily unbalances the game; for instance, by not telling the healer his heal succeeded, he can't be sure if his heal was successful or if the killers simply just forgot to put in a kill action, or perhaps the killers were guarded and had chosen another target instead. The healer should not have this info. Similarly, the killers shouldn't know if their target was healed or if they were guarded. The reason for all of this is because it reveals game mechanics and/or information to them that they may not be aware of, which will affect how they play. All of that usually goes double for anything posted on thread.

Granted, there are exceptions to this in high TMDI games, and some mods enjoy using flavor text in scenes to subtly reveal actual details about night actions, but in a standard M&P game like this, it's pretty uncommon.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#63 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:19 PM

I'll eventually transfer all the PMs over - sorry, been a busy couple of days for me.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#64 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:24 PM

View PostBlend, on 05 October 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

Alt - Player - Role

1) Anomandaris - HoosierDaddy - RI
2) Aparal Forge - Andorion - RI
3) Demelain - Gredfallan Ale - Killer
4) Emurlahn - Gnaw - RI lynched day 1
5) Fanderay - LinearPhilosopher - RI NK Day 1
6) Kadagar Fant - Lady Bliss - RI lynched Day 3
7) Karosis - ADemonLlama! - RI
8) Liosan - ansible - Symp
9) Mockra - Tapper - RI
10) Monok Ochem - Khellendros - Healer
11) Omtose - Macros - RI
12) Ryllandaras - Tattersail - Killer

Wow I thought Karosis was Shin. ADL well played sir. I thought I was having my first real argument with Shin.

Kadagar was Lady Bliss. Ah this fame was very enjoyable and looking back at the players I can see why.

Unfortunate for the modkills but it was a lot of fun regardless.

Macros joining in, I like that. Where does he go? He could've demolished me day 2 or 3. I hope it wasn't because I made the game unenjoyable for him.

It's obvious I was using the wifom and being thick headed with my accusations now. Yet if he thought I was town acting that way I can see why he fucked the game off. You see posts like what has the game become and that just makes me sad.

A new age of players has arrived but I do look back at games with Mentalist Tapper (on form) drek dibs Obdigore Vengey etc with such nostalgia.

The games were awesome too. That poker faction game was spot on. You don't have a clue what's going on but you want to win anyway.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#65 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:29 PM

View PostCalm, on 15 October 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

I always enjoy watching the game play out. Although these games are a lot calmer than some of them I was reading while lurking around thinking about trying it out..

Which ones did you read? High TMDI games aren't similar to M and P at all, so if you want to jump into a simpler game like this, you should be reading the M and P, TMDI 1 and 2 threads.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#66 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:43 PM

View PostOmtose, on 06 October 2015 - 06:43 PM, said:

I'm sticking with my vote, have a few leanings otherwise but they're wild speculation and WIFOM, Ryll is a combination of skittish behavior and good old fashioned gut rumblings, the rumblings may be hunger related, dinner is up soon

View PostAnomandaris, on 06 October 2015 - 07:20 PM, said:

I worry for the future of Mafia.

HoosierDaddy are you responding to Omtose vote on me here which was actually pretty much spot on or Emurlahns play?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#67 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:40 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 16 October 2015 - 06:43 PM, said:

View PostOmtose, on 06 October 2015 - 06:43 PM, said:

I'm sticking with my vote, have a few leanings otherwise but they're wild speculation and WIFOM, Ryll is a combination of skittish behavior and good old fashioned gut rumblings, the rumblings may be hunger related, dinner is up soon

View PostAnomandaris, on 06 October 2015 - 07:20 PM, said:

I worry for the future of Mafia.

HoosierDaddy are you responding to Omtose vote on me here which was actually pretty much spot on or Emurlahns play?

Who was acting like an idiot? That'd be the one. :)

"Emurlahn is too idiotic to be scum" should be a giveaway, lol.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#68 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:02 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 16 October 2015 - 06:24 PM, said:

The games were awesome too. That poker faction game was spot on. You don't have a clue what's going on but you want to win anyway.

I remember that game, I think dibs ran it and it was a Culture game. KRAIKLYN FACTION 4EVAR! That was actually one of my first games, felt good to win, although yeah, I had no idea what I was doing.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#69 User is offline   Demelain 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:23 PM

My first game was Noblesse Oblige, that was a great game. I guess it was Tapper's? It had a story, a cult, something you'd call factions I guess and, oh, me fighting with Khell, guess that's important too. So, I would like a game with a twist as well. M&P would be fine too.

(In the other two games I didn't make it past day 1, FM target and lynch.)

#70 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:29 PM

Sorry about this, I had had a ball of time on my hands at work when I signed up, lime reading half a book a day on my phone ammount of time, but when we flew back out on Monday morning shit just hit the fan and phone didn't leave the pocket.

I would have chased rylltatts into the ground had I been about, no read on damelain at all though

#71 User is offline   Gredfallan Ale 

• "But it's turtles all the way down"
  • Interests:Archery, cycling, science, & philosophy.

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:30 PM

View PostDemelain, on 16 October 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

My first game was Noblesse Oblige, that was a great game. I guess it was Tapper's? It had a story, a cult, something you'd call factions I guess and, oh, me fighting with Khell, guess that's important too. So, I would like a game with a twist as well. M&P would be fine too.

Okay, my phone was still logged into my alt.
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master — that's all.'

#72 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 17 October 2015 - 01:17 AM

View PostGredfallan Ale, on 16 October 2015 - 08:30 PM, said:

View PostDemelain, on 16 October 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

Okay, my phone was still logged into my alt.

You mean the Noblesse Oblige of this May? That was an awesome game. So complicated, but so interesting

#73 User is offline   Gredfallan Ale 

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:29 AM

No, this one: mafia 116
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

#74 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:43 AM

View PostGredfallan Ale, on 17 October 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

Ah I think that was the game before I started playing. My first game was the Korra game

#75 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 17 October 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostAndorion, on 17 October 2015 - 08:43 AM, said:

Ah I think that was the game before I started playing. My first game was the Korra game

ROFL khell empty your inbox.

Somethings never change. I feel like khell should be given triple the message space, he's earned it

This post has been edited by LinearPhilosopher: 17 October 2015 - 12:20 PM

#76 User is offline   Gredfallan Ale 

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:57 PM

Yeah, actually, I disappeared of the forums after that for a great while, so I've missed all the games after that. It was a great game to play, factions and everything. I didn't have a clue on what to write at the start of the game and had a few major screw-ups. It was fun though and the adrenaline rush of the last few minutes, two of us against Khell, hooked me on Mafia. It was a very pleasant introduction to Mafia.

#77 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 17 October 2015 - 05:02 PM

View PostGredfallan Ale, on 17 October 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

Yeah, actually, I disappeared of the forums after that for a great while, so I've missed all the games after that. It was a great game to play, factions and everything. I didn't have a clue on what to write at the start of the game and had a few major screw-ups. It was fun though and the adrenaline rush of the last few minutes, two of us against Khell, hooked me on Mafia. It was a very pleasant introduction to Mafia.

Mine was kind of the opposite. Being a total noob I was paired with D'rek. D'rek got lynched first day. I was paralysed with fear and pretty sure I was going to die soon. Miraculously I survived. It was a faction game, Town won. After that I have been in almost all barring a couple when RL was too heavy.

#78 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:00 PM

Sorry for the modkill guys. I was online on monday, checked the thread and saw an extra time freeze was added. That kind of ruined my contributions... I figured with the pace of the game being what it was, actually posting content during a break would be seen as scummy. Then work hit the fan and... well, you know what happened.

Major apologies.

On the other hand, TAKE A DEEP BREATH

don't ever hunt symps again.
don't ever assume you lynch the symp.

If you DO need to lynch because of a symp case, lynch whomever suggests that weird acting town cf was the symp.

I'd put that in bigger font if we had it.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#79 User is offline   Gredfallan Ale 

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:54 PM

Oh, I really liked the fact Town was hunting the symp and they were still focussing on it D3.

So in any game I'm scum, please do hunt symps.

#80 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:10 PM

Omtose:

Omtose, on 05 October 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

Fabderays the fucking pervert furrie symp

Omtose, on 06 October 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

my current notes on day one copied from my handy notepad file:

Ryll - inexperienced? killer/symp reaching to get a day one over?
Kadagan fant - linked

killer/ symp combo?

Omtose, on 07 October 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

Is aparal forge gusty?

The depressing mass quote puts me in mind of his play.

On another note, I have no fucking clue who the killers are.
Still got a hankering to liynch ryll though

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users