• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mr. Robot or That Hacker Show

#41 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:57 PM

Borrowed a buddy's HBO account.

Currently watching episode 3 of season 1.

What a dark and weird and fascinating show this is. From the talk I'd heard around the web, I thought this was just some self serious hacker show about hacktivists, what ever that means. And it sort of is, but the way the show is written, filmed, framed, etc. is absolutely mesmerizing.

The show feels like licking a dirty razor blade. An ugly, painful sensation that depicts people going through the every day fears and anxiety that we all experience. Only, much of it is filtered through the brain of some drugged up nihilist, who may or may not be deranged. Meaning everything could be a fantasy or a nightmare.

Also I am having fun with the Swedish company guy being married to a Danish woman. Their matter of fact interactions are great when you get the nuances of the Scandinavian language.

#42 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:26 PM

View PostApt, on 28 August 2016 - 04:57 PM, said:

Borrowed a buddy's HBO account.

Currently watching episode 3 of season 1.

What a dark and weird and fascinating show this is. From the talk I'd heard around the web, I thought this was just some self serious hacker show about hacktivists, what ever that means. And it sort of is, but the way the show is written, filmed, framed, etc. is absolutely mesmerizing.

The show feels like licking a dirty razor blade. An ugly, painful sensation that depicts people going through the every day fears and anxiety that we all experience. Only, much of it is filtered through the brain of some drugged up nihilist, who may or may not be deranged. Meaning everything could be a fantasy or a nightmare.

Also I am having fun with the Swedish company guy being married to a Danish woman. Their matter of fact interactions are great when you get the nuances of the Scandinavian language.

How is it on HBO in Denmark? It is produced by the USA network?

Or are you just trying to say that you have friends 😜
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#43 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:00 AM

Denmark (and the rest of Scandinavia I assume) is sort of a weird place for TV-watching. Because there's so many different national and international television companies, rights and licenses are often all over the place.

A lot of the time you will find American broadcasting companies shows on Netflix or HBO in Denmark. I assume it's simply about who pays the most.

In Denmark HBO Nordic is running the series. Only season 1 though as far as I can tell from the menus. Same thing with The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Vikings, etc.

https://dk.hbonordic...44-39fa18ec634f

This post has been edited by Apt: 29 August 2016 - 04:06 AM

#44 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:54 AM

Wow I did not know that. I just Kodi everything myself and stream it through exodus.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#45 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:13 PM

Man, that was a crazy ending to the season...

Final minutes spoilers, don't ruin it for yourself...

Spoiler

The wait for season 3 will kill me.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#46 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:20 PM

I didn't really enjoy season 2. At least compared to season 1. I read a couple reviews that summed it up, it felt like it was trying really hard to be clever and cerebral and the characters and plot got lost along the way. But I've found that if I look at season 2 like a long convoluted set-up for season 3, maybe I'll like the next season.

#47 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:40 PM

View Postchamp, on 22 September 2016 - 08:13 PM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#48 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:42 PM

View PostDadding, on 23 September 2016 - 01:20 PM, said:

I didn't really enjoy season 2. At least compared to season 1. I read a couple reviews that summed it up, it felt like it was trying really hard to be clever and cerebral and the characters and plot got lost along the way. But I've found that if I look at season 2 like a long convoluted set-up for season 3, maybe I'll like the next season.

Season 2 was just one long Hurley episode of Lost.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#49 User is offline   champ 

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:36 PM

View PostDadding, on 23 September 2016 - 01:20 PM, said:

Aye, agree with that but I still really enjoyed season 2 as this thread shows, I think I like it so much because it's different and like nothing out there at the minute. Rami Malek plays the role so well. Season 1 was better though.

View PostNevyn, on 23 September 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

View Postchamp, on 22 September 2016 - 08:13 PM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Good point, I hadn't thought about that at the time of posting, I had just watched it and was all hyped.

I thought it significant at the time with...

Spoiler

Funny what you forget. Must pay more attention.

Tehol said:

#50 User is offline   champ 

Posted 31 December 2019 - 11:22 AM

Thread resurrection...

So this show has finished now with season four as the final season and fuck me, what a season it was.

I felt that it wrapped up the show excellently, we didn't get every answer but the majority was tied up nicely...

Episode seven of season four... hands down one of the great TV episodes, easily up there with Breaking Bad: Ozymandias.

I sat in a transfixed state, eyes glued to the screen and when it ended I was stunned and sat there for easily ten minutes just thinking through what happened...

For those who dropped the show - give it another shot now that it is finished and you will not regret it.

Tehol said:

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users