• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mr. Robot or That Hacker Show

#1 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:15 PM

Has anyone else been watching this on USA. You can stream it.

Mr Robot

A great hacker show. A little bit of Fight Club antimegacorporation going on. So far it has been a great show.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#2 User is offline   The Unfound 

• Recruit
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:56 PM

Vengeance, on 09 July 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

Mr Robot

A great hacker show. A little bit of Fight Club antimegacorporation going on. So far it has been a great show.

I have been watching it. I did notice it may be a bit more like Fight Club than I originally thought. Have you seen anyone actually interact with Chrisitian Slater besides the main character? I would have to rewatch the first two as I just noticed it really in the bar scene of Episode 3. Or 1.3 or whatever the hell they call it
That psychotic black dwarf with an afro?

#3 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:12 PM

The Unfound, on 09 July 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

Mr Robot

I have been watching it. I did notice it may be a bit more like Fight Club than I originally thought. Have you seen anyone actually interact with Chrisitian Slater besides the main character? I would have to rewatch the first two as I just noticed it really in the bar scene of Episode 3. Or 1.3 or whatever the hell they call it

I haven't seen 1.3 yet. But Mr. Robot interacts with the other hackers in the alley.

#4 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:14 PM

Vengeance, on 09 July 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

Mr Robot

I haven't seen 1.3 yet. But Mr. Robot interacts with the other hackers in the alley.

I am starting to suspect that you are correct. I am watching 1.2 right now and the way that Darleen is interacting with him is a little weird.

#5 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:49 PM

I love everything about this show, planning to watch eps 1 and 2 again tonight before watching ep 3 tomorrow, I'll certainly keep an eye out for that!

This post has been edited by champ: 09 July 2015 - 06:50 PM

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#6 User is offline   The Unfound 

• Recruit

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:48 PM

Vengeance, on 09 July 2015 - 06:14 PM, said:

Vengeance, on 09 July 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

Mr Robot

I am starting to suspect that you are correct. I am watching 1.2 right now and the way that Darleen is interacting with him is a little weird.

Could make it either interesting or cliche in the long run.

#7 User is offline   James Hutton 

• High Scholar of Team Quick Ben

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:16 PM

Great recommendation! Will watch this.
Secret message: "Keep up the good work, yours truly"

#8 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:26 AM

My theory, especially after that bar scene, is that it's similar to Fight Club — alternate personality did the recruiting. In this case, Elliot-as-Slater recruited the other hackers to fsociety, and Slater is his alternate personality.

But, considering how great the script has been so far, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they're not going with such an obvious cliche.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 10 July 2015 - 03:27 AM

#9 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:32 PM

I've been greatly anticipating this show from the first time I saw a preview and, in fact, we watched Ep 1 on demand about 2 weeks before it aired. We love it so far. I have to say, I'm almost sorry I read this thread because The Unfound's question/theory had not occurred to me in the slightest and now I may have been inadvertently spoilered. Considering Elliot is talking to the "audience" as if we were a person (that he knows isn't there), I guess I should've allowed for that possibility. I suppose I've been too riveted to the show's unfolding to analyze it!

#10 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:00 PM

Whisperzzzzzzz, on 10 July 2015 - 03:26 AM, said:

My theory, especially after that bar scene, is that it's similar to Fight Club — alternate personality did the recruiting. In this case, Elliot-as-Slater recruited the other hackers to fsociety, and Slater is his alternate personality.

But, considering how great the script has been so far, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they're not going with such an obvious cliche.

I really want for that to not be the case.

#11 User is offline   The Unfound 

• Recruit

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:57 PM

paran falcon, on 10 July 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

I've been greatly anticipating this show from the first time I saw a preview and, in fact, we watched Ep 1 on demand about 2 weeks before it aired. We love it so far. I have to say, I'm almost sorry I read this thread because The Unfound's question/theory had not occurred to me in the slightest and now I may have been inadvertently spoilered. Considering Elliot is talking to the "audience" as if we were a person (that he knows isn't there), I guess I should've allowed for that possibility. I suppose I've been too riveted to the show's unfolding to analyze it!

Im not saying its a bad show. It is still really interesting and I was looking forward to it as much as you. I really didnt think about it until one specific scene in the 3rd ep, which I finally finished last night. That episode got me thinking and now Im going to have to try to watch the other two over this weekend to see if there was anything I missed.

Spoiler

#12 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:10 PM

The Unfound, on 10 July 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

Im not saying its a bad show. It is still really interesting and I was looking forward to it as much as you. I really didnt think about it until one specific scene in the 3rd ep, which I finally finished last night. That episode got me thinking and now Im going to have to try to watch the other two over this weekend to see if there was anything I missed.

Spoiler

A coworker of mine suggested that the entire 3rd episode was an o mage to a bunch of movies. You had the obvious fight club (voice over, people not seeing/reacting to a character), and then you had American Psycho (Picking out the shirt and fighting a bum), and finally they tossed in a little bit of basic 50 shades for kicks.

#13 User is offline   The Unfound 

• Recruit

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:17 PM

Vengeance, on 10 July 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

The Unfound, on 10 July 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

Spoiler

A coworker of mine suggested that the entire 3rd episode was an o mage to a bunch of movies. You had the obvious fight club (voice over, people not seeing/reacting to a character), and then you had American Psycho (Picking out the shirt and fighting a bum), and finally they tossed in a little bit of basic 50 shades for kicks.

Not a bad thought. Maybe every episode has some sort of theme like that. Definitely something to ponder

#14 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:30 PM

Another great recommendation f/ the Malazan boards!

Loving this show so far through first 3 episodes!
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#15 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:38 PM

Still enjoying this show.

Is everyone pretty much taking it for granted now that Mr. Robot is just in Elliot's head?

Pretty much has to be at this point. He always shows up and knows what's going on even when it happens behind closed doors, the only time I've seen both him and Elliot interact w/ people at the same time was when Elliot was tripping balls. When Mr. Robot was yelling at that hacker girl to stop her f/ taking down the mountain, I noticed Elliot kind of disappearing/stepping back into the shadows. In one of the first episodes Mr. Robot did ask the guys who were following Elliot for loose change and they seemed to shoo him away, so I guess that means they were also hallucinations too?
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#16 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:35 AM

SPOILERS FORTHWITH AND HEREIN.

After last night's episode, somebody needed to make a thread for this show. I mean, holy fuck.

SPOILERS UP TO EP 8
Spoiler

EDIT: meta question - Should this thread contain hidden or open spoilers? I'm not sure which would be best.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 14 August 2015 - 12:36 AM

#17 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:20 AM

There is already a thread:

http://forum.malazan...28624-mr-robot/

I've got ep 8 to watch so not reading any spoilers until I've watched that tonight!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#18 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:24 PM

Merged threads

and episode 8 was awesome! I will let people get caught up with it before we spoiler everything....

#19 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:33 PM

Whoops, thanks for the merge.

#20 User is offline   Avatar 

• High Fist

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:32 AM

Thanks for recommending it, in ep 2 now, loving it so far!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users