• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mr. Robot or That Hacker Show

#21 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:52 PM

Only 3 eps watched so far, but I'm liking it a lot. Think this one might be a keeper.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#22 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:53 PM

Episode 8? They've only shown a 2 hour long first episode, and a 1 hour long second episode here in Canada...

Spoiler

Guess I'm going to have to stay out of here until I've finished the whole season...
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#23 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:11 PM

Season 2 - 13th July start date - cannot wait!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#24 User is offline   champ 

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:17 PM

WHAT. THE. FUCK!!!

The latest episode, episode 7...

WWHHHAATTT!!!!!!!!

That is easily one of the best twists I've witnessed. That is the first time something has happened in a show that has made me start rewatching the entire season from scratch to see if I can pick up on anything because FUCK I didn't see that coming... brilliant!!!!!!

Tehol said:

#25 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:38 PM

View Postchamp, on 18 August 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

WHAT. THE. FUCK!!!

WWHHHAATTT!!!!!!!!

That is easily one of the best twists I've witnessed. That is the first time something has happened in a show that has made me start rewatching the entire season from scratch to see if I can pick up on anything because FUCK I didn't see that coming... brilliant!!!!!!

Someone doesn't read reddit....
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#26 User is offline   champ 

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:06 PM

View PostVengeance, on 18 August 2016 - 07:38 PM, said:

View Postchamp, on 18 August 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

WHAT. THE. FUCK!!!

WWHHHAATTT!!!!!!!!

Someone doesn't read reddit....

I purposely avoid reddit tv threads for that very reason. It's good to go in fresh without the internetgalaticbrain spoiling it for me.

I suspected something was up but not that.

Tehol said:

#27 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:17 AM

I have just finished the first season of this show, and I loved it. The main character plays so very very well.

I had figured out the big twist quite early, but that didn't in any way take away from my enjoyment of the show ^_^
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#28 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:20 AM

I'm one season in and couple into the newest one...Enjoying the hell out of it.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#29 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:16 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 23 August 2016 - 06:20 AM, said:

I'm one season in and couple into the newest one...Enjoying the hell out of it.

I always loved well done unreliable narrators, and the hacking doesn't feel stupid. Though I wonder if a hacker would ever say "I hacked you!"

#30 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:31 AM

It fucking figures that some worthless fanbois would misspell the nickname of someone they imagine is a match for me. Nicodimas, you may get some unwanted attention in the next few hours, exhorting you to get into a scrap with me. It should be flattering and it is - a certain number of worthless fucks have a high opinion of you. Personally, I'm not bothered either way. I just think it's unfair of them to thrust you into this situation without checking with you first. That's how servants work - they work for you and when they stop working for you and try to use you to work for themselves, you need to bring the hammer down. In any case, I'd love a consequence-free scrap so let's do it - I dunno what we'd even be fighting about but I'm game because my favourite thing is fighting. Fair warning - I expect great things from you ^_^

#31 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:18 AM

View PostUrquart, on 24 August 2016 - 06:31 AM, said:

It fucking figures that some worthless fanbois would misspell the nickname of someone they imagine is a match for me. Nicodimas, you may get some unwanted attention in the next few hours, exhorting you to get into a scrap with me. It should be flattering and it is - a certain number of worthless fucks have a high opinion of you. Personally, I'm not bothered either way. I just think it's unfair of them to thrust you into this situation without checking with you first. That's how servants work - they work for you and when they stop working for you and try to use you to work for themselves, you need to bring the hammer down. In any case, I'd love a consequence-free scrap so let's do it - I dunno what we'd even be fighting about but I'm game because my favourite thing is fighting. Fair warning - I expect great things from you ^_^

worthless fanbois? really?
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#32 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:53 AM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 24 August 2016 - 07:18 AM, said:

Yes really. There were very few insufferable cunts here when I first signed up but it seems they have become the majority. Also, if you want to be taken seriously, do more than string two question marks together - it's lazy and only helps to prove my point. Say something ffs, don't just disapprove of things others have said. Grrr arrgh

#33 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:11 AM

Off the medication again Mal? Or did Hetan leave you alone and in charge for the week and you've watched everything on Netflix?

On Topic:
Seeing the love for this show, I might have to give it a shot.

Hmmm, doesn't appear to be on Australian Netflix, gee what a surprise.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#34 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:11 AM

View PostUrquart, on 24 August 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

View PostEmperorMagus, on 24 August 2016 - 07:18 AM, said:

Yes really. There were very few insufferable cunts here when I first signed up but it seems they have become the majority. Also, if you want to be taken seriously, do more than string two question marks together - it's lazy and only helps to prove my point. Say something ffs, don't just disapprove of things others have said. Grrr arrgh

OMG I love this guy. He's like my grandpa.
The one who proposed to an 18 year old girl he barely knew at the sweet age of 80.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#35 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:14 PM

View PostCaptain Needa, on 24 August 2016 - 08:11 AM, said:

Off the medication again Mal? Or did Hetan leave you alone and in charge for the week and you've watched everything on Netflix?

On Topic:
Seeing the love for this show, I might have to give it a shot.

Hmmm, doesn't appear to be on Australian Netflix, gee what a surprise.

Here in the states it is on Amazon prime.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#36 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

Just finished the first season. What a weird and wonderful show this is! I shall definitely be continuing.

It's Amazon Prime in the UK too, I think they are helping find it or something so it won't be on Netflix...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#37 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:32 AM

HBO in Norway :/

#38 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:49 AM

It fucking figures that some worthless fanbois would misspell the nickname of someone they imagine is a match for me. Nicodimas, you may get some unwanted attention in the next few hours, exhorting you to get into a scrap with me. It should be flattering and it is - a certain number of worthless fucks have a high opinion of you. Personally, I'm not bothered either way. I just think it's unfair of them to thrust you into this situation without checking with you first. That's how servants work - they work for you and when they stop working for you and try to use you to work for themselves, you need to bring the hammer down. In any case, I'd love a consequence-free scrap so let's do it - I dunno what we'd even be fighting about but I'm game because my favourite thing is fighting. Fair warning - I expect great things from you :)

Oh!! Your the random poster that starts new account's each year...a couple of times..to get my attention. I get it..you love me. Thank you..I know how awesome I am.

Disclosure: Urquart is not some alt of mine, he just likes to respond to me and bring me up all the time.../shrug.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#39 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:05 AM

Also this show is genius... So much of this appeals to me..

#40 User is offline   champ 

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:29 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 25 August 2016 - 07:05 AM, said:

Also this show is genius... So much of this appeals to me..

What ep you up to now - s2?

Tehol said:

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users