• You cannot reply to this topic

Paul Feig's GHOSTBUSTERS Female cast Reboot

#41 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:15 AM

Zoolanderis Derake, on 10 March 2016 - 12:24 AM, said:

Yeah, but why get stuck on the pass/fail binary? It might be an okay movie. And even if it's a well-meaning failure, it's still already better than say another Liam Neeson murder fest.

Liam Nii-San should never be placed beneath this dross.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#42 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:18 AM

Liam Neeson peaked with Darkman.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#43 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:16 AM

Zoolanderis Derake, on 10 March 2016 - 08:18 AM, said:

You shut your filthy mouth.

ALL Neeson's greatest work is after DARKMAN.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#44 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:13 PM

QuickTidal, on 10 March 2016 - 11:16 AM, said:

Zoolanderis Derake, on 10 March 2016 - 08:18 AM, said:

You shut your filthy mouth.

ALL Neeson's greatest work is after DARKMAN.

Yes, I have to agree, thinking otherwise is just crazy talk.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#45 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:17 PM

And also, DARKMAN is a piece of shit movie that Sam Raimi made because he was not allowed to make a superhero movie at the time and he REALLY wanted to...and if you watch DARKMAN on a screen next to the first SPIDERMAN movie...they are the EXACT SAME FILM/STORY.

TL;DR FUCK Sam Raimi

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 10 March 2016 - 01:18 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#46 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:19 AM

The whole world is inside out. 1) I'm not suggesting Darkman is a great movie, only that it's Liam Neeson's best performance (a low bar indeed). 2) Sam Raimi is a godsend who's done way more filmic good than ill. 3) The notion that Neeson has "greatest" work at all is ludicrous on its face. Since Darkman he made two good movies: Rob Roy and Schindler's List -- and the latter would have been good w/ a CGI hamster in the role of Oscar Schindler. Well Batman Begins and Gangs of New York were both good enough movies, but certainly not due to his contributions. And I know you ride hard for the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven, which I admittedly haven't seen, but I'll give him that one.

TL;DR Liam Neeson should have gone to barber college.

This post has been edited by Zoolanderis Derake: 11 March 2016 - 12:27 AM

#47 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:45 AM

A record they'd rather not have: most disliked movie trailer in youtube history.

http://www.news.com....532744d4febb5b8

But how much is hate for the actual trailer and how much is rabid fanboy hate at the idea?

Personal disclosure - I did NOT like the trailer. Some potentially amusing bits overpowered by 2 monumentally irritating characters (McCarthy and Jones) and some ghastly dialogue.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 30 April 2016 - 02:49 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#48 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:47 AM

Tsundoku, on 30 April 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

A record they'd rather not have: most disliked movie trailer in youtube history.

But how much is hate for the actual trailer and how much is rabid fanboy hate at the idea?

Personal disclosure - I did NOT like the trailer. Some potentially amusing bits overpowered by 2 monumentally irritating characters (McCarthy and Jones) and some ghastly dialogue.

It should be noted that it was proven that Sony are spinning the "mysoginists are ruining this movie and will be a reason it tanks" by deleting every negative comment on the trailer that is sensible and valid and LEAVING the ones that are mysoginist or racist (which are fewer and farther between than you might think). People have been watching them do this and screencapping it. It's been going on for months and they still do this every day. It's despicable on Sony's part.

But yeah, I think far more people have valid reasons to say this looks and sounds like garbage....but Sony wants everyone to believe that it's down to sexism. If that's the narrative when this thing goes south...I think I might consider boycotting Sony movies for this shitty, shitty behaviour.

#49 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:42 PM

Good idea. I've boycotted the sun since I found out it was responsible for sunburns, and I think I'm really starting to put a dent in its day-to-day.

#50 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:18 AM

I wondered why it was coming out less and less often of late.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#51 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:47 AM

QuickTidal, on 30 April 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:

Tsundoku, on 30 April 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

It should be noted that it was proven that Sony are spinning the "mysoginists are ruining this movie and will be a reason it tanks" by deleting every negative comment on the trailer that is sensible and valid and LEAVING the ones that are mysoginist or racist (which are fewer and farther between than you might think). People have been watching them do this and screencapping it. It's been going on for months and they still do this every day. It's despicable on Sony's part.

But yeah, I think far more people have valid reasons to say this looks and sounds like garbage....but Sony wants everyone to believe that it's down to sexism. If that's the narrative when this thing goes south...I think I might consider boycotting Sony movies for this shitty, shitty behaviour.

I'll be interested to see how it does at the box office vs reviews. Weren't people complaining a lot about trailers for Batman v Superman but it still took good money? Without pulling the misogyny card I'll go so far as to say that I bet people are much more likely to go and see a potentially crap movie with a mostly male cast than the same with a female cast.

Studios have rebooted enough movies that didn't need it but we all think "Well I'll give it a chance because it could be really cool". With Ghostbusters everyone has thrown the towel in already. It's hard to separate out how much is because the source material is so well liked and what the reaction would be to a male lineup.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#52 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:51 AM

This looks awful.
And its nothing to do with the casting, I don't mind Wig, and though Spy was excellent with McCarthy (and obviously statham). Kate McKinnon is my favourite current snl cast member.

It just looks shite.

#53 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:53 AM

Trailer #2 is out.

Yep, still looks like shit.

And who the hell thinks Leslie Jones is funny?
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#54 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:29 AM

I thought the loud, obnoxious, large black woman thing was supposed to have been over years ago. :laughing:

And Melissa McCarthy's best work was in Gilmore Girls. Yeah, I watched it - you want to make something of it, huh? :p

He typed while eating chocolate ice cream in his pyjamas. Next thing I'll be talking about my "feelings". :whistle:

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 19 May 2016 - 11:29 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#55 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:48 PM

Tsundoku, on 19 May 2016 - 11:29 AM, said:

I thought the loud, obnoxious, large black woman thing was supposed to have been over years ago. :laughing:

And Melissa McCarthy's best work was in Gilmore Girls. Yeah, I watched it - you want to make something of it, huh? :p

He typed while eating chocolate ice cream in his pyjamas. Next thing I'll be talking about my "feelings". :whistle:

Can't wait for the new season :p

#56 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:01 PM

This new trailer also confirms many more of the things that the Redditor who saw a rough cut a month or so back said were in the film, and why it's so bad...so this is even worse for their marketing machine.

Even more telling...that Sony put this up through Facebook video and not through YouTube...seems someone is scared of the downvotes again.

Either way, yeah this just confirms my instinct that this is going to be REALLY bad.

#57 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:18 PM

I agree with Briar King.

Much better than the first trailer.

Still looks crap though, which goes to show how low the bar was set by the first trailer.
meh. Link was dead :(

#58 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:00 AM

I also like the second trailer. I am disappointed that they took the opportunity to do a gender swap, but left the minority character as the uneducated one.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#59 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 11 July 2016 - 12:47 PM

I've read 2 reviews so far. The Guardian is usually quite snooty but gives it the thumbs up. Empire gives it 3 stars saying it is good but fizzles out a bit at the end. I want to go and see it even if to just give it my box office ££ and encourage lady films but might have to save my baby-free credits for Star Trek....
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#60 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:32 PM

I watched a Youtube review that spoiled the climax of the big battle, and I'm glad I did. Based on that moment alone (+ the trailers), this movie sounds terrible.

There's a reason the film's review embargo extended so long.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 11 July 2016 - 01:32 PM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users