Malazan Empire: Mass Effect: Andromeda - Malazan Empire

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mass Effect: Andromeda (a.k.a Loki fangirl's out)

#41 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:10 PM

Agreed. The Andromeda Initiative recruitment video is miles better than the official trailer. It, more than the other, gave me the feeling that it was a mission of awesome magnitude.

And yes, fuck that worm! Fuck it up good!
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#42 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:35 AM

So one ship is named Hyperion. I guess the other two are called Orion and Enterprise to use all common spaceship names :)

The Initiative Trailer is good. Dammit. I didn't want to give EA more of my money, but now I'm interested.

#43 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:44 PM

View PostApt, on 07 November 2016 - 05:58 PM, said:

Ah, my above complaint is made moot by this extra video that sets-up the background story for the game.

Are we seeding humans in another galaxy because ours is doomed or so in case of a second reaper like event the species would survive?

View Post- Coltaine -, on 08 November 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

So one ship is named Hyperion. I guess the other two are called Orion and Enterprise to use all common spaceship names :)

The Initiative Trailer is good. Dammit. I didn't want to give EA more of my money, but now I'm interested.

I feel like they could have named the ship Normandy, to honour the ship and crew that helped me save the galaxy!

This post has been edited by Cause: 08 November 2016 - 09:45 PM

#44 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:07 AM

View PostCause, on 08 November 2016 - 09:44 PM, said:

Are we seeding humans in another galaxy because ours is doomed or so in case of a second reaper like event the species would survive?

I checked the timeline (both on the Andromeda site and the ME wiki) and the Andromeda Initiative launched in 2185 and the Reapers invaded in September 2186. So this was launched before the invasion and funded by a different group, not the Alliance (thought I haven't seen any mention about which group this is).
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#45 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:01 AM

In a sense it does take place after, like 600 years (long journey) but the character have no clue about the Reaper war and what went down. I do recommend finishing 3, even with the slight potato moment that is the ending, it's still a great game.

#46 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:11 AM

Why would anyone volunteer for 600 years of cryo sleep then?

Will we have a quantum entanglement device to communicate with the home galaxy? If not why not?

I will play the shit out of this game but Im struggling with the plot

Edit- Okay it is a mission to save refugess from the reapers. It leaves our galaxy after ME2 but before ME3. So they know about sovreign and the reapers but its before the true reaper invasion.

This post has been edited by Cause: 09 November 2016 - 08:26 AM

#47 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:39 AM

Well, remember the official word was that Sovereign was a Geth dreadnought. It all depends on who is funding this mission. I actually view like the Outbound Flight from Star Wars, the entire point is to explore and colonize a new galaxy because "We want to see what's over there." Or is there some new info out?

#48 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:08 AM

View PostGarak, on 09 November 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

Well, remember the official word was that Sovereign was a Geth dreadnought. It all depends on who is funding this mission. I actually view like the Outbound Flight from Star Wars, the entire point is to explore and colonize a new galaxy because "We want to see what's over there." Or is there some new info out?

I cant remember my source (IGN?) but I was just googling it and they painted it as a secret escape plan to make sure some of our species will survive. Apparently the 4 arks are for humans, asari, turian and salarian but we apparently have Krogan as well somehow. Its supposed to be a one way 600 year journey and apparently the producers have confirmed there will be no communications back home, at least in the first game they said.

I agree its hard to say since the one trailer does make it sound like they are recruiting people for a science mission over a save our species emergency. Still the cost for this project would be astronimcal and with no communications pointless as a mission of discovery.

#49 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:16 AM

I assume that the four arcs aren't just carying the dominant races. From what I remember, there were dozens if not hundreds of known species in the Milkyway galaxy. I'd expect the Council of the Citadel to create Noah's Arcs of all known and catalogued life.

Speaking of replays I am starting to itch for a playthrough of all three games. Thing is if I do it, I want to get all the DLC with it. But of course the DLC for Mass Effect is purchased with Bioware points and so they never go on sale. Which is all kinds of bullshit.

#50 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:44 PM

Well the trailer specifically says each ark is for one species. It may be the Nexus ship which is the largest ship of all may hold small groups of all the other species?

#51 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:06 PM

I kind of feel like, after watching the videos in this thread, that this game is kind of going to be a bit what I had hoped for in No Man's Sky...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#52 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:53 AM

I have this and have played it.

If you go in expecting a linear shooter with choices as to which corridors you shoot down, you'll be disappointed. It's Dragon Age: Inquisition, but in the Mass Effect universe, and with Mass' combat.

The shooting is meaty and satisfying. Enemies hit quite hard so the cover system is required; however you're also a lot more mobile, and instead of rolling, you have a fighting game style dash to get out of trouble. You can also hover with your jetpack for sicky headshot setups.

The Nomad is really, really fun to drive around. No guns, which sucks a bit, but it's FAST, and at no stage has annoyed me like the Mako did.

The level system is pretty cool. I'm currently specced Tech, with extra points in assault rifles and pistols (Mattock and Phalanx are my sidearms). You can only equip three powers at once, but any unlocked ones can be swapped in and out to fit requirements.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#53 User is online   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:32 AM

Is anyone else playing the multiplayer for PS4? I'm looking for squadmates.

#54 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:29 AM

It's true that the team working on Mass Effect 4 was downsized, but the studio itself didn't have any significant layoffs. They were moved to Anthem development and probably also Dragon Age 4.

Time will tell on the DLC. I heard one report from an official that things are still in the works. You've got to remember that the multiplayer is surprisingly popular. It kept going for several years after ME3 released and generated a lot of revenue. If the multiplayer continues to keep ME4 alive, especially after it goes into EA Access/Vault, then you might see EA okaying some significant DLC. But all of this is of course speculation.

This post has been edited by Seduce Goose: 26 July 2017 - 04:29 AM

#55 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

Shoulda outsourced the DLC to Obsidian, when's the last time that ever went wrong
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#56 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:05 PM

OK so this is pretty late, but I did step into this particular pile of shit, so here goes.

This game is absolutely terrible. And I don't mean just for a Mass Effect game, this would be bad even as a standalone. There's not a single compelling element in this game that would make you want to play it more except for lasting fondness for the series and the setting (on both of which this game takes a big, steamy dump).
Among the things that are so, so bad, we have:
obnoxious crafting and interface, boring and one-dimensional characters with no depth, a stupid story with an embarrassing protagonist, a laughable and forgettable villain, CATASTROPHIC failure to present an exploration of another galaxy, infuriating 'galaxy' map, planet areas filled with respawning enemies.
The only so-so element was maybe combat, was OK but nothing special, and perhaps the visuals, which were OK, if you don't look at character models.

All in all, this was a disaster.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#57 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 07 November 2020 - 07:33 PM

Happy dance!

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#58 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 November 2020 - 07:46 PM

Is it coming to new consoles? If so, I would give this series a try. It's one I've missed out on playing and I've had regrets based on all the positive talk about the games. Although, doesn't it sort of drop noticeably in quality with the last game?

#59 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 November 2020 - 08:09 PM

I wonder about how Remastered these games will be. ME1 is 14 years old. I hope they don't port in the face animation tech from ME4.

Those extremely long elevator loading sequences should improve dramatically. Also good that we can finally get a version of the game with all the DLC with out having to buy non-existent BioWare bucks via BioWares website.

#60 User is offline   Wry 

• High Fist
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 07 November 2020 - 08:44 PM

View PostLoki, on 07 November 2020 - 07:33 PM, said:

Fucking YES!
“Arm yourself, Watson, there is an evil hand afoot ahead"

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic