• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fallout 4 - Confirmed

#41 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:17 PM

I don't mind the weapon degradation that much. It was annoying to have to combine all those weapons I could have sold for precious, precious caps. But I will miss the gaffa-tape sound of combining them. I loved that sound.

EDIT: Damn, I bought a CD Key from the usual place I buy PC games and it appears that the key could arrive as late tomorrow night. I've got tomorrow off!

This post has been edited by Apt: 09 November 2015 - 05:01 PM

#42 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:15 PM

I kind of liked weapon maintenance. That said, it did seem daft that a weapon which could feasibly fire thousands of rounds before needing a mild clean would break after shooting 500.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#43 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:46 AM

Played about 3 hours this morning. Played through the opening, did the first story quest when you get outside, now I am roaming around fighting gigantic mosquitos.

IT runs great on my PC, it looks beautiful and boy are there a lot of things to learn about this games interface and menus. This is one of those games where you have so many choices that you don't know what to do.

I think I am going to stick to the main story for a while and get some upgrades and perks because the wilderness seems quite intimidating at the moment.

#44 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:57 AM

Same. I've found a farm and retrieved a locket from Raiders, and just fought past a squad of Super Mutants to reach Diamond City. The gunplay is definitely a lot faster in this one.

#45 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:09 AM

View PostMaark, on 10 November 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

Same. I've found a farm and retrieved a locket from Raiders, and just fought past a squad of Super Mutants to reach Diamond City. The gunplay is definitely a lot faster in this one.

I stole a bunch of that farms totatoes or what ever they are called and planted them in Sanctuary. Once again Bethesda leads me into a life of crime.

#46 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:29 AM

You make me sick. And read sick like it's in italics.

#47 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:07 PM

Alright, I've put something like 7-8 hours into this game all in all now. This sure is fallout 3 with better graphics.

I am having fun with it, I enjoy discovering new locations, but everything is incredibly familiar. It feels like they barely bothered making new art assets, I am still picking up cans of turpentine, glue, gaffa-tape and caps. The structures and rooms, while obviously more detailed feel like the same places I visited in FO3 and New Vegas. The only thing that feels really new is the UI, the weapons and the way I interact with people.

You wouldn't think woodlands could feel as dead as Fallout 3s wasteland but somehow, by god, they managed to make everything empty and sad.

I just got to Diamond City and I am hoping the game begins to pick surprise me now but I am not holding out much hope.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate next week is looking mighty appetizing right now.

#48 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:17 PM

Whining about something being the same as its predecessor and then saying you want another Assassins Creed game?
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#49 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:33 PM

Whining now, is it?

Every new Assassin's Creed is in a new setting. New characters, new era, new cities, new talents and equipment. Also I just really like Assassin's Creed despite the annoying writing.

Fallout feels like more of the same, right down to me recognizing people from Skyrim, their faces, the way they sit, the way they move. I mean if you really liked Fallout 3s look, then you will love this next-gen version of it. I am just disappointed that it hasn't evolved more.

Assassin's Creed to stick to that example, comes out every year and you know those games are being made on assembly line. I am not surprised when Assassin's Creed games are all the same. Fallout 4 is all they worked on for 4 years and this is the result? Maybe they just have a small studio but you'd think after the success of Skyrim, they'd gone nuts with the budget of Fallout 4.

This post has been edited by Apt: 10 November 2015 - 07:44 PM

#50 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:17 AM

I haven't actually travelled to the other corner of the map yet but judging th distance from the starting vault to Diamond city I think the game is actually smaller than Skyrim. Mainly because the mountains in Skyrim adds to the size of the world and travel time on foot.

#51 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostApt, on 11 November 2015 - 04:17 AM, said:

I haven't actually travelled to the other corner of the map yet but judging th distance from the starting vault to Diamond city I think the game is actually smaller than Skyrim. Mainly because the mountains in Skyrim adds to the size of the world and travel time on foot.

I have had the same thought and it makes me a little sad. Sure, the size of the map does not equal quality, and I think the map is very well done. But I still haven't seen a Bethesda map better than Skyrim. Little sad, but it's okay.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#52 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:36 AM

I'm caught in a radstorm just now. It's pretty... rad.

#53 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:19 PM

Just found a bar in Boston called "Prost Bar". It's a pretty good copy of the bar from the Cheers TV show. It did not end well for Sam Malone it seems.

#54 User is offline   Inane Babble 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:55 AM

Minor spoilers for the first minutes of the game, looking for some advice here

Spoiler

#55 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:53 AM

View PostInane Babble, on 12 November 2015 - 12:55 AM, said:

Spoiler

No.

#56 User is offline   Rictus 

• Captain

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostInane Babble, on 12 November 2015 - 12:55 AM, said:

Spoiler

If this is still the same engine other Bethesda games used - and, alas, it probably is - you should be able to open the console by clicking '0' or tilde or whatever's on your keyboard near '1', click on one of the bastards and type disable. Usually, this is the final solution to all your Bethesda problems, from annoying NPCs to static objects. Keep in mind, however, that you may lose the NPC semi-permanently this way, unless you know its ID or have it indicated in the console (in the latter case simply type enable to get it back.

#57 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:43 AM

I think it is not possible to remove them and actually play the game. Any story essential character cannot be killed I think. If you removed them, I don't believe the story could progress unless maybe the game just continues the quest as if nothing happed when for example you get to Diamond City.

#58 User is offline   Rictus 

• Captain

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:30 AM

My understanding was that they were marked 'essential' but were mere squatters in your home. That is, irrelevant NPCs from a finished quest. Anyway, if you don't like consigning them to oblivion, you could try stripping away their immortality: setessential <base ID> <1/0>

Once you have the base ID, enter the command using either 1 to set him/her immortal or 0 to set him/her mortal. For example, setessential a2c8e 1 would set Lydia as immortal.

I've taken a gander at other console commands for F4 out there and they seem unchanged in the main. Should still be relevant.

#59 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:51 PM

Okay I've been slowly warming to the game as I got better weapons and Nick Valentine was introduced. That guy is one of the best video game characters I have ever come across.

Then the Brotherhood of Steel showed up and I am officially excited to see what happens next.

#60 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:15 PM

I got the brotherhood of steel but I declined to join because IM THE GENERAL.

Doing the Nick Valentine quest now, just saw this GIF and I want her as my companion too:
http://gfycat.com/GoldenWickedJay

Only a couple hours in so far, working on it though. With COD and GW2 also dropping new content I'm not spending a ton of time.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users