• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fallout 4 - Confirmed

#81 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:06 PM

I earlier went through a building where there was a glowing deathclaw on the roof. Can't remember what it was called though. First deathclaw I'd seen since the opening of the game. Pretty tough but you can sort of keep it off its feet by firing rockets at it.

#82 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:15 PM

Whereabouts would I be looking? I've just cleared Hub 360 (one of the skyscrapers). Also found some sweet Enclave power armour earlier as well.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#83 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:33 PM

It's north of Goodneighbour, near one of the buildings that you get sent to by the Brotherhood of Steel.

#84 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:37 PM

I'll have a look. Don't think I'll get far with the BoS as I'm in deep with the Railroad at this point.

#85 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:14 AM

Do you guys know if the repairs the villagers do in sanctuary actually improves the buildings in the long run? Or is the behaviour just a place filler?

I'm a little anoyed I can't fix the roof
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#86 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:32 PM

View PostMaark, on 15 November 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

I'll have a look. Don't think I'll get far with the BoS as I'm in deep with the Railroad at this point.

It's called Haymarket Mall, East of the Old Buggle building.

View PostMorgoth, on 16 November 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

Do you guys know if the repairs the villagers do in sanctuary actually improves the buildings in the long run? Or is the behaviour just a place filler?

I'm a little annoyed I can't fix the roof

25 hours into the game I haven't seen any obvious improvements in any of my settlements.

If it's for your own use, you could just clear out one of the destroyed buildings and build a new house on the foundation.

#87 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:35 AM

If I've spent an hour and still can't get out of the vault does that mean I should return the xbox I got yesterday and go back to solitaire?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#88 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:36 AM

View PostGnaw, on 18 November 2015 - 01:35 AM, said:

If I've spent an hour and still can't get out of the vault does that mean I should return the xbox I got yesterday and go back to solitaire?

An hour, 200 years, it's all the same.

#89 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:16 AM

Do you mean you are legitemately stuck?

If you are, you may be overlooking the doors. In the vaults they look a lot like the wall textures and I've overlooked more than a few of them.

#90 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:48 AM

Also don't forget hacking and lockpicking for some doors as well. Not sure if there are any in 111 but...

#91 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:10 AM

Did you pick up the Pipboy?
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#92 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:29 PM

I found my way out about 10 minutes after posting that. Spent a while running around Sanctuary getting a feel for the controller. Which by the way, I'm not to fond of. I definitely think I'm going to have to try a PS4. I can return the xbox for another 12 days (thank you Walmart). If I do, is there anyone around here who would want to buy/trade my xbox version of Fallout 4?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#93 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:25 PM

I've finally begun roaming the wasteland in a suit of power armor. I don't know how I put it off for so long.

When I used the power armor they gave you in the prologue I was appalled at how fast it drained it's power core, so I just left the thing at Sanctuary. Didn't think the added protection was worth the cost. But then I needed a suit for a journey into the Glowing Sea, boy was I wrong.

It just feels cooler to have armor over your armor. Unlike in Fallout 3, it actually feels like your are in cased in armor now. Like you are inside a walking war machine. The sound it makes, the lumbering gate, rain pelting the visor in a storm, the fucking awesome stomp it makes when you just jump straight off tall buildings.

IT'S SO FUCKING COOL!

I've dumped 3 points into the science perk that makes power cores last twice as long and on top of that I've found two magazines that makes the power core last 10% longer. I can now use it pretty much non-stop. I have a cache of about 30 power cores and actually seem to find them faster then I use them up.

Next up will be Perk points into heavy weapons so that the mini-gun becomes a good weapons and then perks in science mods so that I can upgrade the suits armor with abilities and paint jobs.

I am going to make myself into a benevolent Terminator Space Marine.

#94 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:30 AM

View PostApt, on 18 November 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

I've finally begun roaming the wasteland in a suit of power armor. I don't know how I put it off for so long.

When I used the power armor they gave you in the prologue I was appalled at how fast it drained it's power core, so I just left the thing at Sanctuary. Didn't think the added protection was worth the cost. But then I needed a suit for a journey into the Glowing Sea, boy was I wrong.

It just feels cooler to have armor over your armor. Unlike in Fallout 3, it actually feels like your are in cased in armor now. Like you are inside a walking war machine. The sound it makes, the lumbering gate, rain pelting the visor in a storm, the fucking awesome stomp it makes when you just jump straight off tall buildings.

IT'S SO FUCKING COOL!

I've dumped 3 points into the science perk that makes power cores last twice as long and on top of that I've found two magazines that makes the power core last 10% longer. I can now use it pretty much non-stop. I have a cache of about 30 power cores and actually seem to find them faster then I use them up.

Next up will be Perk points into heavy weapons so that the mini-gun becomes a good weapons and then perks in science mods so that I can upgrade the suits armor with abilities and paint jobs.

I am going to make myself into a benevolent Terminator Space Marine.

Do you know how the drain is calculated by the by? It seems pretty arbitrary to me.

#95 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:40 AM

Only thing that I have noticed increases drain is sprinting. That will eat up the core. Which basically means you need to take your time but that's cool with me when I am roleplaying a walking death machine.

This post has been edited by Apt: 19 November 2015 - 08:26 AM

#96 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:43 AM

Combat also seems to drain it faster than usual. Got into a firefight at Gunners Plaza and found myself with a quarter of a tank gone rather quickly.

#97 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:06 PM

It's a strange decision to do it that way. It's such a jaring contrast to how every other character in power armour operates.

#98 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:28 PM

From what I've seen anything that uses AP like sprinting and VATs reduces power a lot. Hitting people also seems to reduce it, if slower.

Still not using mine much as I haven't found many power cores.

#99 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:06 PM

I fucking love this game.

Thats it.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#100 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:58 AM

I love this game. I love the weapon crafting system. I now have half a dozen very specialized weapons that each fulfill a very specific function. It feels incredibly satisfying to build a weapon that perfectly fits the scenario you require it for.

I've gone with the rifle skill, and I built a small rifle, short stock, short barrel, heavy receiver and all that. It has a massive kick, but better range and VATS efficiency than a shotgun. Perfect for large buildings, or for dealing with Ghouls amongst other things. Or my laser musket sniper, which when charged with six shots does almost 900 damage in sneak mode.

It's a shame about the dialogue system though. It occured to me the other day that they've removed all other skills from conversation checks, so that the only thing that matters is charisma. Gone are the unique alternatives available for those with a high skill in, say, computers, or explosives, or medicine. That, more than anything I suspect, will make this the first Fallout game I'll only play through once.

I assume the choice was made because they need to keep the amount of dialogue down because of the voice acting. A stupid choice, but alas.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users