• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fallout 4 - Confirmed

#61 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:00 AM

I got it and played for a few hours yesterday. I am loving it. I really am. There's nothing quite like a Bethesda open world game.

Still, I detest the conversation wheel about as much as I thought I would. Not only that there is a wheel, but how terrible the implementation is.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#62 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:12 AM

Yeah it's already fucked me a couple times, especially in emotional situations because you don't know what the prompt implies exactly.

The speech check thing with the colors is weird. There's apparently an element of chance in it, so if you want to convince somebody you can quick save before you ask the question/make the request and if you fail just re-load until you win the dice roll. Pretty stupid.

#63 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:19 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 13 November 2015 - 07:00 AM, said:

I got it and played for a few hours yesterday. I am loving it. I really am. There's nothing quite like a Bethesda open world game.

Still, I detest the conversation wheel about as much as I thought I would. Not only that there is a wheel, but how terrible the implementation is.

I do agree with it. I mean don't get me wrong some of the 'sarcastic' replies are pretty good, but still, if you are investing a ton of emotion into your character and care exactly what they say, the conversation wheel isn't going to cut it.

Started finding upgraded pistols last night, and its awesome. I got a small patch on the PC and I can now clear all the trees and lamps and stuff I couldn't before in Sanctuary. I believe they fixed a bug that I had been suffering from.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#64 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:34 PM

One more rank in Gun Nut and I can convert my pipe revolver rigle from .45 to .308. That'll free up my .45 for the sniper rifle!
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#65 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:51 PM

View PostMaark, on 13 November 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

One more rank in Gun Nut and I can convert my pipe revolver rigle from .45 to .308. That'll free up my .45 for the sniper rifle!

I found a .50 cal rifle earlier today, and with the rifleman perks and sneak attacks I do a shitton of damage. Only problem is that .50 caliber bullets are few and far between and very expensive.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#66 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:05 PM

I've just found one. Need more points in Rifleman though as presently it takes three shots to kill most enemies. Isn't this thing supposed to kill tanks?!

#67 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:15 PM

I am a terrible human being.

Usually I mod the carry weight to some ridiculous level (I've done that too) because I can't stand leaving loot behind but this time I have crossed a line.

I've added 10 points to Perception, Charisma, Agility and Luck via the console. The rest I left at 6 points. This has allowed me to ignore skill requirements and can now just dump the perk points in what ever ability I want. The upgraded SPECIAL levels haven't actually done anything perceivable to the difficulty except my VATS shot are pretty fucking tight now.

#68 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:24 PM

BAD APT! BAD!!!

How can you live with yourself after such a betrayal of all that is good and Fallout?

#69 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:29 AM

Loving it. Not a perfect game but damn. I will be playing this for a while, even if just to build my lair.
Error: Signature not valid

#70 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:27 AM

View PostPrimateus, on 13 November 2015 - 11:24 PM, said:

BAD APT! BAD!!!

How can you live with yourself after such a betrayal of all that is good and Fallout?

Eh, I find the perk system frustarting so I don't feel that bad about that, but it feels like a terrible splippery slope. I don't usually cheat in games. It's already tempting to just add more perks for the hell of it.

#71 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

Meh, I found a mod for Skyrim that lets me get as many skill points that I want, so I'm not much better myself.

#72 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:06 PM

Jesus, the game is so good but the writing is so terrible
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#73 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:26 AM

View PostBriar King, on 15 November 2015 - 02:09 AM, said:

What's the GB of game?

Are you asking how big it is?

If so, I believe its under 30GB on the consoles.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#74 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:46 AM

View PostPrimateus, on 14 November 2015 - 01:56 PM, said:

Meh, I found a mod for Skyrim that lets me get as many skill points that I want, so I'm not much better myself.

The thing is, Skyrims level-up system was great. Anything you did went to towards levelling up the character and as the game went on you could upgrade and even prestige the skills.

Fallout 4 is much more severe, which makes sense because it's a survival game. But it frustrated me that there are 50 individual perks and hundreds of levels when all you will ever have available is something like 50 max + what magazines/heads you are lucky to come across. AND you also need to dump stuff into SPECIAL if you want to feel like the character grows.

View PostMorgoth, on 14 November 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

Jesus, the game is so good but the writing is so terrible

Right? And on top of that the main characters voice acting is subpar. I don't know who they got to do it but there's practically no emotion or personality to the guy. Which makes sense when they want it to be a every man/woman that you can roleplay with but it completely ruins every serious scene.

View PostBriar King, on 15 November 2015 - 03:59 AM, said:

I may go ahead and pick it up on ps4 if it's that low. Are there any reliable reviews on which console it operates better on? Everything I see is non neutral but favored on each console by MS or PS fans.

Digital Foundry are probably the most popular source for those:

http://www.eurogamer...lout-4-face-off

From the end of the article.

Fallout 4 - the Digital Foundry verdict

Overall, while visuals on all three formats are closely matched at a micro level, PC's broader draw distances, higher shadow quality and more refined god rays set it apart, while the ability to run at custom resolutions and higher frame-rates clearly improves the overall experience. As for PS4 and Xbox One, parity is achieved at just about every visual setting; from the native 1080p image, to texture quality, effects and shadows. Even LOD settings are identical, save for one long-distance shot of Lexington - a one-off example of Xbox One resolving more geometric detail. We cast a wide net out to find any other contrasts, but in every other area, each console is even.

The frame-rate situation on console is disappointing though. Scenarios such as an empty corridor producing a locked 20fps are just one example among many of a title that could really use some thorough optimisation. Fallout 4's stutters and hiccups only add to the trouble here, especially on Xbox One when switching weapons mid-fight. PS4 has its own struggles though, with effects-heavy battles taxing the hardware to a greater degree, despite holding a better frame-rate while traveling the world at large. And of course, our tests can't feasibly factor in the state of play with hundreds of hours on the clock - though we hope that lessons have been learned from Skyrim here.

#75 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:59 AM

All these reviewers complaining about fps drops hither and thither and here's me with not a one so far.

#76 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 November 2015 - 08:14 AM

I am blessed with frame-blindness so I don't even know what to look for.

I was wondering if we could build a list of strange bubblehead locations?

I just randomly found one at the top of the structures on the outside of the Corvega Assembly Plant. It's a repair bubblehead that makes fusion cores last 10% longer.

This post has been edited by Apt: 15 November 2015 - 08:14 AM

#77 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:23 AM

There's one in Vault 75 and the Vault down near the Glowing Sea.

#78 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:45 PM

There's one in the Mass Fusion Building in the city, it's a big red and white tower. The bobblehead is on the head of a the statue in the lobby, you have to get to the top of the lobby to get it.

#79 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:24 PM

I've found a 1 point to intelligence bubblehead in the back of the Boston Library. There is also a melee bubblehead at the top of the radio tower in a cage.

#80 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:50 PM

View PostPrimateus, on 15 November 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

There's one in the Mass Fusion Building in the city, it's a big red and white tower. The bobblehead is on the head of a the statue in the lobby, you have to get to the top of the lobby to get it.

Bollocks, I just cleared this one earlier too.

I'm trying to find a building which I've read has a scripted event with a pair of deathclaws at the top. Ring any bells?

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users