• You cannot reply to this topic

DC LEGENDS Arrow, Flash spinoff...

#1 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:52 AM

Some detes announced...

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat – one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known? The cast includes Victor Garber (The Flash); Brandon Routh (Arrow); Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who); Caity Lotz (Arrow); Dominic Purcell (The Flash) and Wentworth Miller (The Flash). Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg and Sarah Schechter are EPs.

So Firestorm, Atom, Sarah Canary, Cap'n Col and Heatwave.... I'm in.So very in.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#2 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

It'll be interesting to see how Sarah fits back in to the world and if we'll see an impact in the Arrow world...

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#3 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:14 AM

Doin't forget that DOCTOR WHO's Arthur Darvill is in as Rip Hunter. which excites me beccause he's damned awesome!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:46 AM

I'm a little worried about the time travel element to be honest, but that has nothing to do with Darvill as Hunter.Hunter as a character in DC has more or less been little more than a plot device, so they can do basically anything with him.

#5 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:16 PM

Is firestorm cool in the comics? He seems pretty "stiff" in his few scenes in the Flash TV show. Like in last night's cameo (like ep. 22, 2nd to last episode of season 1 I believe) he flies in all stiff like with his arms straight out and then kind of walks a little bit (again stiff) with white eyes...

He hasn't shown off much badassery in the tv show, maybe it's just tv or budget limitations?
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#6 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:15 PM

View PostBulwyf, on 13 May 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

Is firestorm cool in the comics? He seems pretty "stiff" in his few scenes in the Flash TV show. Like in last night's cameo (like ep. 22, 2nd to last episode of season 1 I believe) he flies in all stiff like with his arms straight out and then kind of walks a little bit (again stiff) with white eyes...

He hasn't shown off much badassery in the tv show, maybe it's just tv or budget limitations?

The comics version has been through a few iterations, good and bad, none of which particularly resemble the tv version except for the very basics of (usually) being two people, on fire.

I think that what you're seeing on tv reflects the limits of budget and fx. It's one of the things that worries me about this series because quite a few of the characters so far - Firestorm, Hawkwoman, Heatwave, Cold... require fx.

#7 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:00 PM

First cast pic for LEGENDS OF TOMORROW.

Attached File  1251837554852469284.jpg (58.45K)
Number of downloads: 0

From left: Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill), Hawkgirl (Ciarra Renee), Dr. Martin Stein (Victor Garber), White Canary (Caity Loitz), Atom [Ray Palmer] (Brandon Routh), Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller), and Heatwave (Dominic Purcell).

And synopsis:

When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat — one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?

Considering how much I enjoy FLASH and ARROW...this is a no-brainer team show I'm FULLY looking fwd to.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 14 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#8 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:32 PM

So, from the brief bit of digging i did on the Final Crisis, Infinite Crisis storylines because of the newspaper headline in the FLASH pilot episode, do you think they're going to try and use all three shows to try and do a lower powered version of one of those stories (since they won't be able to bring in Superman or Batman or the other superheroes currently being sent to the big screen.

Having time travel in both the FLASH and LEGENDS seems to give them the easy way to bring in the multiple realities, and several of the 'villain's' had roles in those comic storylines too.? Not sure how the ARROW story arc currently underway would fit in.

That poster looks pretty awesome too.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#9 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:40 PM

View PostBinder of Demons, on 14 May 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

So, from the brief bit of digging i did on the Final Crisis, Infinite Crisis storylines because of the newspaper headline in the FLASH pilot episode, do you think they're going to try and use all three shows to try and do a lower powered version of one of those stories (since they won't be able to bring in Superman or Batman or the other superheroes currently being sent to the big screen.

Having time travel in both the FLASH and LEGENDS seems to give them the easy way to bring in the multiple realities, and several of the 'villain's' had roles in those comic storylines too.? Not sure how the ARROW story arc currently underway would fit in.

That poster looks pretty awesome too.

immortal threat

makes me think of this guy:

Vandal Savage

Attached File  4154736-vandal+savage+final.jpg (82.07K)
Number of downloads: 0

#10 User is online   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:57 PM

I need to catch up on Flarrow just because I want to see this. The sheer fact that Rip Hunter is in it sold me; him being played by Arthur Darvill is awesome.

If Vandal Savage does turn out to be in it, I'll be absolutely delighted.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#11 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:34 PM

..and now a trailer!

Woot!!!!

EDIT: Holy shitsnacks! That looks effing epic. Also, it IS Vandal Savage who is the villain! 2016 can't come fast enough.

Also: THEY PUT ARTHUR DARVILL'S TIME TRAVELLING CHAARCTER IN THE 10TH DOCTOR'S COAT. I mean...it doesn't GET nerdier and more exciting than that!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 14 May 2015 - 05:50 PM

#12 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:53 PM

That trailer...

THAT TRAILER.

HOLY FUCKING SUPERHEROFUCK THAT FUCKING TRAILER.

There is laundry list of things that can go wrong with this series and i don't care I DON'T CARE AT ALL I AM IN I AM SO UTTERLY IN GIVE ME THE SHOW RIGHT THE FUCK NOW!

#13 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:41 PM

Something happened in my kegs whilst watching that!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#14 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:44 PM

Wow, that actually looks like it could be really fun to watch. And with an ensemble of great heroes and villains across time and space, this could be some awesome dr. who superhero stuff story goodness. I'll definitely watch this.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#15 User is online   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:12 PM

Seeing Rory Williams back in the time-traveling business warms the cockles of my heart.

Also, Vandal Savage fuck yeah.

#16 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:43 PM

hate to be 'that guy' but i'm gonna risk saying it:

I don't like the idea of Captain Cold as a hero. He's developing nicely as a villain in Flash, and this rush to turn him into an anti-hero is too quick for my liking...

Also, since Sara Lance has been resurrected, will that be healing the rift between Oliver/Laurel and Quentin then? I know comic book resurrections are a dime a dozen, but still, it irks me that something so central to development in one show is being casually solved in a related one.

Beyond that it looks excellent.
meh. Link was dead :(

#17 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:29 PM

Hawkgirl and Hawkman, looking tight!

Posted Image

Glad they didn't go full on with them like they did with Hawkman when he was on Smallville...that one was clunky....these ones look much more practical.

#18 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:00 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 September 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

Hawkgirl and Hawkman, looking tight!

Posted Image

Glad they didn't go full on with them like they did with Hawkman when he was on Smallville...that one was clunky....these ones look much more practical.

I remain a bit worried about her/them, because they are fx-dependant characters and budget tends to affect just how often they can do cool shit, but FLASH has shown us that vfx are getting better and cheaper to the point that a show can do 1-2 moments of awesome per episode, so there is some basis for this to work. Maybe. That shot in the promo of Atom, Firestorm and Hawkgirl all flying together at least looked decent.

Tho i will note that mace isn't nearly big enough....

Posted Image

#19 User is online   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:21 PM

View PostAbyss, on 11 September 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

I thought that at first glance, but having it the size it's usually portrayed in the comics would be cartoonishly ridiculous in live action.

#20 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:54 PM

View Postpolishgenius, on 11 September 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 11 September 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

I thought that at first glance, but having it the size it's usually portrayed in the comics would be cartoonishly ridiculous in live action.

I dunno, they could have given him one of these....

Posted Image

...you just know at some point he's going to swing it at Arrow, who's going to block it with his bow.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users