• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DC LEGENDS Arrow, Flash spinoff...

#21 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:44 PM

bumpedy bump bump as the pilot aired last week.

thoughts/opinions?

I liked it. And the guy playing Savage, though barely appearing here, has a nice air of menace (or he did in his Flash episodes at least)
meh. Link was dead :(

#22 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:17 PM

I thought it was okay. I was concerned that it would have too many characters competing for screen time and that definitely felt the case, but hopefully it will settle down after a few eps. It was great fun watching Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell chew the scenery again.

#23 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:26 PM

View PostSerenity, on 26 January 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

I thought it was okay. I was concerned that it would have too many characters competing for screen time and that definitely felt the case, but hopefully it will settle down after a few eps. It was great fun watching Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell chew the scenery again.

Indeed, I agree and I think that with 8 main characters, that was always going to be the case. It needs time to settle into a groove and be okay with letting some characters feature more prominently in every other ep, and then switch it up.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#24 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:53 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 26 January 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

Indeed, I agree and I think that with 8 main characters, that was always going to be the case. It needs time to settle into a groove and be okay with letting some characters feature more prominently in every other ep, and then switch it up.

Indeed. or do similar to what they did in the pilot - have smaller groups go off interacting with one another (canary/cold/heatwave looks interesting)

#25 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:01 PM

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 26 January 2016 - 08:53 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 26 January 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

Indeed. or do similar to what they did in the pilot - have smaller groups go off interacting with one another (canary/cold/heatwave looks interesting)

Yup. In fact I feel like I could watch/listen to Cold and Canary banter all episode and be happy.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#26 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:19 PM

I don't feel like Vandal is intimidating at all or has any of the "gravitas" that an immortal magic psychopath timelord villain should, especially in the future and present when his facial hair is too stylized and he's got them weird faux-military-uniforms. The egyptian priest look was much better on him.

I like the team, though, the multiple divisions of it into pairs helps with the sharing screentime, I think, and gives them a good variety of inter-character dynamics right from the get go.

I'm glad they went with the
Spoiler

That being said, with such a big team they really need to make the antagonists worthy of being fought by 9 people simultaneously. It was pretty silly seeing the whole team shooting six kinds of projectile attacks at Chronos and all constantly missing. Would've been a lot better if Chronos simply had an energy shield or something like that which they needed to overcome (while dodging his fire) before they could knock him down, instead.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#27 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:37 AM

well.
Spoiler

#28 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:43 AM

Just watched first 2 episodes. Not great.

Spoiler

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#29 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:59 PM

Couldn't even finish 3rd episode...
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#30 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:50 PM

Ep. 3:

Spoiler

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#31 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:42 PM

View PostD, on 10 February 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

Ep. 3:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#32 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:44 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 February 2016 - 05:42 PM, said:

View PostD, on 10 February 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

Ep. 3:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I guess, but we already saw him do that

Spoiler

Oh well, I'll roll with it.

#33 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:34 PM

Soooo......

Spoiler

#34 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:07 PM

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 05 March 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

Soooo......

Spoiler

My personaly theory is...

Spoiler

Aside from that, my main qualm about last episode was...

Spoiler

There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#35 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:56 PM

Brand new interview with the creators confirms what I previously assumed. Vandal Savage is only the big bad of Season 1. Woot woot!

I also hear tell that Terry (Batman Beyond) might show up?!?

Anyways, still enjoying the show...even if it's taken it most of the first season to find its feet.

#36 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:40 PM

And the finale secret (beloved) character has been revealed.

Spoiler

EDIT: Take with grain of salt as it was posted today...and it IS April Fools.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 01 April 2016 - 02:07 PM

#37 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:19 PM

Last night's off-night episode was pretty damned fun! Old West. Jonah Hex. Just a great setting for these people to have a good time in.

Some developments with regards to Kendra and Ray that may not bode well for Ray in the future. Which would be sad, I like his character.

I continue to think the MAIN reason to watch this show are for Snart (Wentworth Miller) and Sara (Caity Loitz)....as they literally nail every single scene them are in, be it action or dialogue. I would watch a show that JUST featured them going around kicking ass.

I like it more and more each week. I think the Savage storline and how it ties to Rip keeps them WAY too tethered to the one goal, and it suffers a bit as a result of that insular storytelling need. But luckily we are getting great character work from everyone.

#38 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:57 AM

I find that the two lads from Prison Break both overact a bit too much for my liking, but they have improved dramatically in that regard. Especially Mick Rory (I think that's his name in it?) since they gave him that little IQ boost. He might still be an angry pyromaniac, but at least he's not a one note thicko anymore, like he was for the first half of the season.
Snart can be great when he's underplaying it as well. It's just that he lapses into this weird drawling inflection as he delivers his lines every now and then which really irritates me.
Canary's been great since she zen'd out a bit as well.
Hawkgirl is ok, just kinda stuck with the storylines they've given her. Not the actresses fault.
The Prof is pretty good generally. The other half of Firestorm, has been let down by poor storylines too i feel.
Ray Palmer is the most frustrating one really since they always have him being so naive, and frankly stupid at times.

I agree that the Vandal Savage storyline has been a bit limiting, but I thought I saw somewhere that he may only be the villain for one season, and that they'd be having other threats for any other potential seasons to come. Which would be great. So hopefully Hawkgirl can find her bracelet, melt it down into a garotte and take care of Savage in a season finale. Simple :)

And there was also talk before that the cast for Legends isn't set for the long term, so that means they could easily kill off a few by the end of season 1, and bring in new blood for season 2.

I still watch the show every week, but it's by no means a must watch (and yet with some small tweaks it probably could be). Fingers crossed that they go nuts for the remaining few episodes of this season.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#39 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:17 PM

I think I liked this ep more than the last few solely because it allowed Rip to be the focus, and both Sara and Rory were given a chance to shine as well.

#40 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:52 PM

The episode with "The Pilgrim" was pretty good. Only 4 episodes left now, and it'll be interesting to see if they really raise the bar for the last few. Since every mention I've seen of Legends suggests there will be new characters introduced for next season, there is a great chance that they will actually kill off some of the team. Which means there can be actual peril.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users