Malazan Empire: Cricket World Cup 2015 - Malazan Empire

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cricket World Cup 2015 Am I the only person watching this?

#21 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:09 AM

Sombra, on 22 February 2015 - 03:36 AM, said:

D, on 21 February 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

Wow, surprised to see Windies crush Pakistan like that, especially after their Irish defeat.

Four wickets for 1 run probably wasn't the best way to start a run chase. :p

Then again, with Pakistan it could be ... shall we say ... "bookie inspired"? Apparently they dropped a few easy catches in the field as well.

Yeah you never know with Pakistan, though if any more players get booked, they won't be able to field a playing 11

#22 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:13 AM

So, India vs South Africa, India batting first.

Rohit Sharma run out, stupid calling, and brilliant Fielding by De Villiers.
As expected Steyn is keeping the Indian batsmen pegged back.

#23 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:57 AM

Only South Africa can bring in a Pacer near the 20th over, and he can start bowling at 145 on what people are saying is a slow pitch.

#24 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:38 AM

Kohli forgot that if you hit a ball at Du Plessis, it doesn't matter how hard you hit it, he is going to catch it.

#25 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:14 AM

If it hadn't been for that mini collape towards the end, it would probably have been a 330+ total. Dhoni's lazy hook attempt, when he could have just left the ball alone and it would have been a wide. I thought Steyn did a fantastic job. Now lets see if De Villiers can match his fielding with his bat!

#26 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:44 AM

1/38 in the 10th over? The Saffers certainly can't afford to be "Faffing" about like that when they're attempting to be the first ever team to successfully chase a 300+ score at the MCG. :p

This post has been edited by Sombra: 22 February 2015 - 08:44 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#27 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:38 AM

De Villiers gets a taste of his own medicine, this may just be a turning point of the match

#28 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:32 AM

Well, that was surprisingly one sided, I must say.

#29 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:30 PM

Saffers and cricket world cups don't mix well.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#30 User is offline   heavymetaltroll 

• Sergeant

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:22 AM

Well the Poms finally managed to record a win. And I had such high hopes for Scotland beating them *sigh*

Plus Sri Lanka looked quite shakey against Afghanistan. The Afghans actually seem to have a fairly decent bowling attack, were unlucky not to win.

#31 User is offline   D'iversify 

• First Sword

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:49 PM

Tense finish to the UAE-Ireland match; much closer than expected.
I am the Onyx Wizards

#32 User is offline   heavymetaltroll 

• Sergeant

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:07 AM

D, on 25 February 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

My beloved Ireland win again! Afghanistan pick up their 1st win against the beleaguered Scots and Sri Lanka is looking well on track to beat Bangladesh. Loving all the coverage we're getting, every game in stunning HD! Barely even noticied the start of Super Rugby, I'm in cricket heaven lol

#33 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:59 PM

heavymetaltroll, on 26 February 2015 - 07:07 AM, said:

D, on 25 February 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

My beloved Ireland win again! Afghanistan pick up their 1st win against the beleaguered Scots and Sri Lanka is looking well on track to beat Bangladesh. Loving all the coverage we're getting, every game in stunning HD! Barely even noticied the start of Super Rugby, I'm in cricket heaven lol

Well done Ireland, but good on you Afghanistan! :crybaby: :hugs:

Meanwhile, in Australia, only the Australia games are shown on free to air (most recent one of course abandoned due to CYCLONE).

Fuck paying for Foxtel just for the CWC. :veryangry:

It should be our right as Australians to have the other matches telecast on the alternate FTA channels. Here the main FTA channels also have extra channels they use for reruns and infomercials etc. Plus to continue the sports broadcast while the main channel runs the news.

This post has been edited by Sombra: 26 February 2015 - 02:00 PM

#34 User is offline   D'iversify 

• First Sword

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:37 PM

Sombra, on 26 February 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

Meanwhile, in Australia, only the Australia games are shown on free to air (most recent one of course abandoned due to CYCLONE).
The best we get in the UK unless you fork out for Sky's extortionate sports package is one hour highlights on ITV (when its England) and ITV 4 (all the other games). Even the Ashes is on Sky Sports these days.:veryangry:
I am the Onyx Wizards

#35 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:22 PM

Wow. Proteas well and truly shat on the Windies. :veryangry:

#36 User is offline   D'iversify 

• First Sword

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:02 PM

Sombra, on 27 February 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

Wow. Proteas well and truly shat on the Windies. :veryangry:
It is the group stage after all. Once it's the knock out stage, they could be up against a team of retarded anteaters and would still probably choke.

Speaking as an exile Saffer.

This post has been edited by D'iversify: 27 February 2015 - 09:03 PM

I am the Onyx Wizards

#37 User is offline   heavymetaltroll 

• Sergeant

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:23 PM

de Villiers what a monster. Windies in danger of not making the knock out phase. How good would it be if neither the Windies or Pakistan made it through?

#38 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:34 AM

heavymetaltroll, on 27 February 2015 - 11:23 PM, said:

de Villiers what a monster. Windies in danger of not making the knock out phase. How good would it be if neither the Windies or Pakistan made it through?

I'd rather see them go through than the Poms or India, but that would probably be the worst possible result from a financial perspective as 1.2 billion people would simply switch off.

#39 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:40 AM

Oh for fucks sake! after being 1-80 we lose 8-26??? OK the Kiwis are pretty good these days, but they aren't THAT good. Our guys panicked, plain and simple. Started off again by that dickhead Watson, but the other batsmen must take their share of the blame.

For Mitchell Starc to almost win it for us is the only satisfaction from this game. Note to NZ: you only had 152 to chase and you nearly blew it. Think on that for a while. It shows our bowlers can defend almost any target. If we had posted anything more competitive I'll go a little further and say we would have won.

But congrats to NZ. Once again in a co-hosted WC you had the home game against us (ummm ... shouldn't then it have been OUR turn to host the game?) and you won.

The coach should express his disgust at our batsmen and send them back to their rooms, and then have a few beers with the bowlers. Although Mitchell Johnson was a bit shit and Pat Cummins should have bowled an over of yorkers to Williamson. What kind of idiot bowls just short of a length at the in-form batsman who is going to swing for anything?

:veryangry:

This post has been edited by Sombra: 28 February 2015 - 06:41 AM

#40 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:41 AM

New Zealand beat Australia!!Posted Image

New Zealand beat Australia by the skin of their teeth after making a dog's breakfast of a 151 run chasePosted Image

How do they expect to be taken as serious contenders after batting like this? Especially with AB demon Villiers showing everybody that the India match was just bad luck?Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users