Malazan Empire: Cricket World Cup 2015 - Malazan Empire

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cricket World Cup 2015 Am I the only person watching this?

#1 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:23 AM

So ...

England - thanks for coming. :p
Although it was nice to see that little jockey fellow (Taylor) having a go.

The Kiwis did pretty much the same to Sri Lanka.

Looks like the Saffers are about to beat Zimbabwe, after nearly choking. Losing 4 wickets at the start and requiring a world record partnership to post a monster score. Looks like it was the one that got away for Zim.

And India just posted 300 against Pakistan in probably the most watched sports match in the world since the soccer world cup final. I have my fingers crossed for Pakistan (because I hate that little shit Kohli).

This post has been edited by Sombra: 15 February 2015 - 08:25 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#2 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostSombra, on 15 February 2015 - 08:23 AM, said:

So ...

England - thanks for coming. :p
Although it was nice to see that little jockey fellow (Taylor) having a go.

The Kiwis did pretty much the same to Sri Lanka.

Looks like the Saffers are about to beat Zimbabwe, after nearly choking. Losing 4 wickets at the start and requiring a world record partnership to post a monster score. Looks like it was the one that got away for Zim.

And India just posted 300 against Pakistan in probably the most watched sports match in the world since the soccer world cup final. I have my fingers crossed for Pakistan (because I hate that little shit Kohli).

And as I type this, Pakistan have gone 5 wickets down, so it looks like INdia World Cup record against Pakistan is going to remain intact.Posted ImagePosted Image

And why don't you like Kohli?

#3 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:53 AM

Yeah, India just won by 76 runs after taking 3 for 1 at one point in the match. Wish I could have watched it, but only the Australia matches are on free-to-air TV here. The rest are owned by (spit!) Foxtel.

I hate Kohli because while he has incredible, undeniable talent and mental strength, he's a repellent human being with it. He makes our most arrogant players (Warner etc) look positively humble.

Just to make it clear, I'm not a fan of some of our players (Warner and those like him) or tactics (sledging) either. I make a distinction between respecting the ability and the person.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#4 User is offline   pathos 

• Captain
  • Group: Kings of Drink

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:43 PM

I'm watching as much as i can but its tough with the games starting at about 23:55 or 00:01. The only reason we (SA) looked so bad at the top is because three of the top 5 are in my fantasy side :p Zim didnt look too bad at all and i was rather stressed.

Can you tell me in Faulkner is injured? or are they just not playing him?

Also also... Cant wait for the 25th as that is when i leave for a little trip down under to watch soem of the games live :p
You never have the same problem twice when you set it on fire

#5 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostSombra, on 15 February 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

Yeah, India just won by 76 runs after taking 3 for 1 at one point in the match. Wish I could have watched it, but only the Australia matches are on free-to-air TV here. The rest are owned by (spit!) Foxtel.

I hate Kohli because while he has incredible, undeniable talent and mental strength, he's a repellent human being with it. He makes our most arrogant players (Warner etc) look positively humble.

Just to make it clear, I'm not a fan of some of our players (Warner and those like him) or tactics (sledging) either. I make a distinction between respecting the ability and the person.

Oh Kohli's arrogant alright, but at least he has the skill to back it up with. Frankly I am quite pessimistic about India in this World Cup. The abroad record is worse than shit. I would be really surprised if they reached a semi final

#6 User is offline   Corporal Nobbs 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:23 PM

View Postpathos, on 15 February 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

I'm watching as much as i can but its tough with the games starting at about 23:55 or 00:01. The only reason we (SA) looked so bad at the top is because three of the top 5 are in my fantasy side :p Zim didnt look too bad at all and i was rather stressed.

Can you tell me in Faulkner is injured? or are they just not playing him?

Also also... Cant wait for the 25th as that is when i leave for a little trip down under to watch soem of the games live :p

Last I heard Faulkner was still injured.

Ireland and the West Indies on atm, wouldn't be surprised if Ireland won this one, especially with Gayle just getting out as I write. 78/3
Rejoice. For very bad things are about to happen

#7 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:26 PM

Congrats to Ireland! Chasing down 305 with 4 wickets in hand. Well done. That's the Windies to add to their previous WC scalps of Pakistan and England.

They're also the first chasing team to win thus far in this WC.

#8 User is offline   Geer 

• Recruit

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:06 PM

View PostSombra, on 16 February 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Congrats to Ireland! Chasing down 305 with 4 wickets in hand. Well done. That's the Windies to add to their previous WC scalps of Pakistan and England.

They're also the first chasing team to win thus far in this WC.

As a West Indian, all I can say is, can we go home soon? This punishment is too much to bear.

#9 User is offline   heavymetaltroll 

• Sergeant

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:50 AM

My beloved Ireland!!! How good was that? In world cup history 300 has only been successfully chased down 6 times, and 3 of them were Ireland. In less pleasing news, us kiwis barely managed to scrape past that powerhouse of world cricket; Scotland. After rolling them for 142 we still managed to lose 7 wickets chasing it down :p on the plus side it's great Sky showing every game live, cricket overload! CWC 2015 app is great if you don't have it yet, live updates and plenty of stats and other good shiz.

#10 User is offline   D'iversify 

• First Sword

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

Holding calls for immediate test status for Ireland: http://www.bbc.co.uk...ricket/31501767

Have to say, I very much agree. The ICC has been one of the most damaging forces in world cricket over the past decade. There is no real effort to consolidate the position of the associate nations so as to allow them to regularly compete with the top level sides. The Irish cannot keep having their top talent leave for England, and I similarly worry that sides like Afghanistan could lose top players too in the future (many of their squad are after all based in Pakistan).
I am the Onyx Wizards

#11 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:55 PM

View PostD, on 17 February 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

Holding calls for immediate test status for Ireland: http://www.bbc.co.uk...ricket/31501767

Have to say, I very much agree. The ICC has been one of the most damaging forces in world cricket over the past decade. There is no real effort to consolidate the position of the associate nations so as to allow them to regularly compete with the top level sides. The Irish cannot keep having their top talent leave for England, and I similarly worry that sides like Afghanistan could lose top players too in the future (many of their squad are after all based in Pakistan).

Agree totally. The internation tour cicuit consists of the same tired old teams. Teams like Ireland would certainly spice things up. But ICC has become ahuge cash conglomerate and have basically lost interest in expanding and improving the game

#12 User is offline   D'iversify 

• First Sword

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:43 PM

View PostAndorion, on 17 February 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

Agree totally. The internation tour cicuit consists of the same tired old teams. Teams like Ireland would certainly spice things up. But ICC has become ahuge cash conglomerate and have basically lost interest in expanding and improving the game
Good to hear some agreement on the issue (though I don't see why anyone who isn't stupid or benefiting from the current corrupt system would disagree). Unfortunately don't see anything changing for the better, especially now the troika of England, Australia and India have essentially signalled that so long as they're making money the global game can rot for all they care.
I am the Onyx Wizards

#13 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:25 AM

Personally I'd like to see a system where the BCCI wields a lot less influence, but let's face it, that ain't likely as it's pretty much the financial engine room of world cricket.

Looks like Australia and Bangladesh might have to share the points without a ball being bowled. Which I guess is better for me than going there and getting drowned watching a badly rain-affected match that barely qualifies as one and thus missing out on a refund. I just hope they make the decision nice and early.

EDIT: Holy shit! England were just completely and utterly annihilated by UnZud. The Poms made 123 in under 34 overs, which the Kiwis chased down in 12 overs! McCullum made the fastest WC 50 ever in only 18 deliveries. Being made to take the scheduled 45 minute break (normally between innings) at the 9-over mark for the Kiwis slowed them down. They had made 112 by that point, needing 12 to win. They required another 3 overs after the break. What was supposed to be a day/night game was finished in bright sunshine.

This post has been edited by Sombra: 20 February 2015 - 07:35 AM

#14 User is offline   heavymetaltroll 

• Sergeant

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

Blaaaaaack Caaaaaaaaaps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow the Poms were woeful, in comparison they made the bloody Scots look good.

#15 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:28 AM

So England is apparently going home, right? Now I want NZ to win the cup

#16 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:13 PM

I don't care who wins ...

Actually I do care, but priorities - right? :p

Pissed off that YET AGAIN we have to play NZ in NZ, just like the last time we co-hosted the WC. Let's hope the result isn't the same.

This post has been edited by Sombra: 20 February 2015 - 01:18 PM

#17 User is offline   heavymetaltroll 

• Sergeant

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:51 PM

View PostAndorion, on 20 February 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

Not yet they're not, top 4 from each pool go through.

View PostSombra, on 20 February 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

Pissed off that YET AGAIN we have to play NZ in NZ, just like the last time we co-hosted the WC. Let's hope the result isn't the same.

We're going to do to you what we just did to England :p

#18 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:40 AM

View Postheavymetaltroll, on 20 February 2015 - 10:51 PM, said:

View PostAndorion, on 20 February 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

Not yet they're not, top 4 from each pool go through.

View PostSombra, on 20 February 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

We're going to do to you what we just did to our sheep :p

Fixed that for you. No need to thank me. :p

#19 User is offline   D'iversify 

• First Sword

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:19 PM

Wow, surprised to see Windies crush Pakistan like that, especially after their Irish defeat.
I am the Onyx Wizards

#20 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:36 AM

View PostD, on 21 February 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

Wow, surprised to see Windies crush Pakistan like that, especially after their Irish defeat.

Four wickets for 1 run probably wasn't the best way to start a run chase. :p

Then again, with Pakistan it could be ... shall we say ... "bookie inspired"? Apparently they dropped a few easy catches in the field as well.

This post has been edited by Sombra: 22 February 2015 - 03:38 AM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users