• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ferguson / USA Race Violence / Etc

#441 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:00 AM

Because "outside" reviews ain't that far outside. If you were reviewed by your "outside" dog he'd probably still show some bias in your favor.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#442 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:18 PM

Great idea for a song - "Outside Dog"
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#443 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:28 AM

http://www.gq.com/st...ha-nypd-assault

This is that NBA player who had his leg broken by the NYPD telling his story.

#444 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 November 2015 - 11:13 PM

View PostBriar King, on 05 November 2015 - 06:39 AM, said:

So a piece of SHIT father in my state was driving away from cops cause he had warrants with his 1st grade son in front seat who got shot 5 fucking times by them and died. Idk much about it but it's horrible. I hope he can still be eligible for death.

Not so fast, BK: http://gawker.com/re...lana-1740921296

#445 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:30 AM

Just think, if the death penalty was widespread, that man would be dead and also innocent. What a great advertisement for abolishing the death penalty. Excellent work, child-murdering policemen.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#446 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 07 November 2015 - 02:39 AM

Meanwhile, this one was blamed on BLM:

http://www.cnn.com/2...wicz/index.html

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#447 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:51 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 November 2015 - 12:30 AM, said:

Just think, if the death penalty was widespread, that man would be dead and also innocent. What a great advertisement for abolishing the death penalty. Excellent work, child-murdering policemen.

http://theweek.com/s...-are-disturbing

#448 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:18 AM

As some have surely already heard, maybe non-Americans haven't: zero charges filed against the murderers of Tamir Rice.

#449 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:58 AM

Zero surprise. Sadly. :D
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#450 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:31 AM

Where did you see that? I haven't heard any such thing. The original video showed the whole event from the front, and the November video didn't show anything different.

What I did hear was the alleged prosecutor saying, "We don't second guess police officers".

#451 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:57 AM

View Postworry, on 29 December 2015 - 01:18 AM, said:

As some have surely already heard, maybe non-Americans haven't: zero charges filed against the murderers of Tamir Rice.

I would have agreed with that word choice. Until today.

What changed my mind is the ice. The video that the Cleveland newspaper posted was narrowly focused compared to a photo from the same vantage point. My main argument towards the "murderers" label was "why would any sane fucking cop drive his car that closely to somebody they thought was armed?" A 30' slide on ice covered grass changes that point for me.

I've been there, done that. I was late to an appointment and my Oldsmobile Delta 88 slid into the corner of a 2 story building, cracking the foundation, and causing $80k damage to the building with only a slight dent in the bumper.

That one detail, for me, changes the cop shooting and then running behind the car into a wholly different perspective. The dispatcher never told them that the 911 caller told them it was a kid. Tamir was raising his arm from waist level. Was he drawing a gun, toy or real? Very probably not; he was almost certainly going to put a hand out to ward himself from the car sliding towards him. But from the cop's PoV?

I'm very much of the opinion that police in this country are way too militarized. We've went from "don't taze me bro" to tazers not even being utilized.

But, in this particular case? With the info on the ice, I can't blame the officer for acting as he did.

This post has been edited by Gnaw: 29 December 2015 - 04:10 AM

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#452 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:27 AM

That doesn't explain why they lied about the circumstances in their report, why they did nothing while he bled to death (recall it was an FBI agent coincidentally passing by the scene who eventually provided first aid), or why they immediately shot an "adult" with a gun in an open carry state.

Even if we stray to the hypothetical world where they actually did tell him to drop the gun before shooting him, how was he supposed to drop it without reaching for it first?

I'm not sure militarization is even an issue here. This cop saw a black person, panicked (as he was known to do), assumed the kid's then-empty hands held a gun, and shot him at first opportunity.

#453 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:57 AM

Is Cleveland's homicide rate as bad as Chicago's? Certainly wouldn't absolve the cop, but might go some way to explain why they are so trigger-happy.

This is what we're seeing on our news websites in reference to Chicago:

http://www.news.com....9fb65f0b148dcfc

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 29 December 2015 - 07:57 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#454 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:05 AM

He shot the kid less than two seconds after getting out of the car. He murdered that child.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#455 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:13 AM

View PostGnaw, on 29 December 2015 - 03:57 AM, said:

What changed my mind is the ice. The video that the Cleveland newspaper posted was narrowly focused compared to a photo from the same vantage point. My main argument towards the "murderers" label was "why would any sane fucking cop drive his car that closely to somebody they thought was armed?" A 30' slide on ice covered grass changes that point for me.

I've been there, done that. I was late to an appointment and my Oldsmobile Delta 88 slid into the corner of a 2 story building, cracking the foundation, and causing $80k damage to the building with only a slight dent in the bumper.

That one detail, for me, changes the cop shooting and then running behind the car into a wholly different perspective. The dispatcher never told them that the 911 caller told them it was a kid. Tamir was raising his arm from waist level. Was he drawing a gun, toy or real? Very probably not; he was almost certainly going to put a hand out to ward himself from the car sliding towards him. But from the cop's PoV?

I'm very much of the opinion that police in this country are way too militarized. We've went from "don't taze me bro" to tazers not even being utilized.

But, in this particular case? With the info on the ice, I can't blame the officer for acting as he did.

It seems irrelevant to me. All of that. A police officer got out of his car drew his gun and shot a child. A child that had not even pointed a weapon at him. This is not acceptable behaviour and should be treated as murder in any civilized society.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#456 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:06 PM

View PostGnaw, on 29 December 2015 - 03:57 AM, said:

At the very least, what version of events you are describing is negligent homicide or manslaughter in the state where I live. I'd up it to murder for a grand jury because he had enough time to tell Tamir was a child on the drive up/slide, a second plus between getting out of the car to evaluate things, and then shooting Tamir after that second plus was taken.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#457 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:36 PM

Seriously, watch the video if you have any doubt that this is a travesty of justice, cause it will irrefutably destroy that doubt. It's a disgusting decision.

This post has been edited by Illuyankas: 29 December 2015 - 03:36 PM

#458 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:40 PM

What.

The.

Fuck?

I'm sorry but I can't really sum this up, you'll have to read it (don't worry it's a short article). I'm absolutely gobsmacked.

http://www.news.com....b0db5a605cb2acb

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 07 February 2016 - 12:41 PM

#459 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:28 PM

View PostTsundoku, on 07 February 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

What.

The.

Fuck?

I'm sorry but I can't really sum this up, you'll have to read it (don't worry it's a short article). I'm absolutely gobsmacked.

http://www.news.com....b0db5a605cb2acb

Surely this is satire. Surely.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#460 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:46 AM

If you want to see the bar lowered even from there: http://www.clevescen...-estate-for-500

If you think that the city of Cleveland and its law department couldn't handle the Tamir Rice case any worse than it has, well, we have news for you.

The city filed a creditor's notice against the estate of Tamir Rice looking for a past due amount of $500.

What's that $500 for?

It's "owing for emergency medical services rendered as the decedent's last dying expense under Ohio Revised Code."

Share this topic:

• 48 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

41 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 41 guests, 0 anonymous users