• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ferguson / USA Race Violence / Etc

#241 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:18 PM

Also, at least among the Fox News crowd, the fearmongering has been resurrected in recent years around the New Black Panther Party. It's a rinkydink black radical group with no affiliation with the actual Black Panthers that occasionally conjure a drop in the news cycle by doing something dumb. But you better believe their chintzy gimmicks are magnified 100x on Fox News to stoke fears in old (and not-so-old, tbh) white viewers; it wouldn't shock me if they transitioned from a NBBP story to a Cliven Bundy or Minutemen (Mexican border edition) story and immediately switch views about essentially the same topic, race being the only difference.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#242 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:51 PM

View PostApt, on 10 December 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 10 December 2014 - 06:58 AM, said:

I must admit that had I been black and living in the US, I might feel it necessary to take advantage of carry laws too. Looking the way I look though, I believe - and that's really the worst aspect of all of this - that I would be relatively safe from the police.

But isn't this major issue? Civilians carrying guns in public. Possibly concealed.

Concealed Carry is legal here *without* a permit. The only place you can't is the Reservations. Violent Crime in down here, but this may be a misnomer, as crime is down country-wide. Of the big three violent crimes, Arizona sits about 15% lower than the national trend lines and these keep going down. Going into people's houses as a FF/Cop < Scene Safety> is far harder...Basically from my point of view the Police always have to be on the edge of their seat.

Back on topic. I never knew that Gun Legislation in the late 60's was aimed at the Black Panther's.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#243 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:57 PM

http://www.msnbc.com...e--369446467820

#244 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:51 AM

View Postworry, on 10 December 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

Wow!

Um, not sure if that's viewable by people outside the country. If not, summary: witness #40 was clearly not even there. This woman said she just happened to be in the neighborhood when Mike Brown was shot because she had up and decided to go down there that day in order to confront her fears about black people and maybe stop calling them n**gers. Sean Hannity has apparently been quoting her testimony non-stop.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#245 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:01 PM

http://www.theguardi...olice-shot-dead

Video shows John Crawford's girlfriend aggressively questioned after Ohio police shot him dead in Walmart
  • Video shows Ohio detective accusing her of lying and threatening her with jail
  • Tasha Thomas only told of Crawford’s death after 90-minute interrogation
“As a result of his actions, he is gone,” said the detective, as she slumped in her chair and cried.

#246 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:43 PM

The Witness 40 stuff started crazy, got crazier, and put in larger context of the DA's agenda, has turned out downright sinister.
http://www.dailykos....-Darren-Wilson#

#247 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:29 AM

I tuned in to Chris Hayes to get a good take on this and I got Ari Melber. :crybaby:

There appears to be a good opening to challenge the grand jury findings based on the inclusion of this witness, but the Brown family really needs a new lawyer.

Meanwhile, for those outside the states who are not paying much attention, the protests are ongoing and have spread to several cities, including an impressive march of tens of thousands in NYC. There was even a pretty good showing in Biloxi MS, next door to my hometown Gulfport; I think there were a few hundred. They had signs reading "I CAN'T BREATH". :crybaby:

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#248 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:24 AM

Yah. I'm not prone to optimism, generally speaking, but it is actually pretty heartening. Mark Bittman, the food/health guy, wrote a pretty good opinion piece about the sustained peaceful protests and how they intersect with some other simultaneous protests (without condescending or erasing the focus of these particular protests in the same way "AllLivesMatter" does for instance): http://www.nytimes.c...enough-yet.html

#249 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:41 PM

On the other hand, because of a political error on the part of the GOP, the Senate Democrats were able to push through a Surgeon General who thinks guns should be seen as a national health crisis.

So a bit of sanity there.

Not that he will be able to do anything, but eh.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#250 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostObdigore, on 17 December 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

On the other hand, because of a political error on the part of the GOP, the Senate Democrats were able to push through a Surgeon General who thinks guns should be seen as a national health crisis.

So a bit of sanity there.

Not that he will be able to do anything, but eh.

We are not going to change each other's opinions on the gun thing for sure..Derail!! /haha

Not that it need's to be stated, Guns are not "health" crisis. They will never be a health crisis, mental health could be given some actual money in every state and more recognition for people suffering from said condition's being accepted into society would be far stronger and more healthful. We both know that isn't occurring, well on the helpful constructive way this could.This a fixable area of society vs the messing around with the constitution as it stands.

Even more I would find a helpful way to work on America's obesity and target added sugar. Though health is very much a personal freedom, but this would help save far more lives if they could put pressures on corporations via Obama-care. I think that is attainable. Tax credits to Corporations who show that run health conscious programs allow breaks, lunch and a 45 minutes exercise time.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#251 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:21 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 17 December 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

Even more I would find a helpful way to work on America's obesity and target added sugar. Though health is very much a personal freedom, but this would help save far more lives if they could put pressures on corporations via Obama-care. I think that is attainable. Tax credits to Corporations who show that run health conscious programs allow breaks, lunch and a 45 minutes exercise time.

Whoa! Stop Stop Stop! Apply "Safe", put the Common Sense down, and take a step back please. :D

Sorry, will never happen though as far too many rich fucks make money from shafting us, either by the banking system, the military industrial complex, the oil corporations or by various bad habits taking high proportions of our wage before conveniently killing off high numbers of us before we're old enough to become a more significant financial burden. :)

This post has been edited by Sombra: 18 December 2014 - 11:21 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#252 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:33 PM

Not that it need's to be stated, Guns are not "health" crisis.
Then neither are drugs or sugars or food sizes or pollution.

They will never be a health crisis, mental health could be given some actual money in every state and more recognition for people suffering from said condition's being accepted into society would be far stronger and more healthful. We both know that isn't occurring, well on the helpful constructive way this could.This a fixable area of society
Indeed, I've wanted more funds and more protections for people who get psychiatric counseling for years.

vs the messing around with the constitution as it stands.
If we are going to do 'the constitution as it stands', then we need to abolish all standing military the US has, and require every male between 18 and 45 to purchase and maintain a weapon that could be used against the Brits if they invaded. Oh, and lets go back to that whole 'only white male land owners can vote' thing, that was working well for us. Stop with the ancestor worship. The Founding Fathers were rich white men who didn't want to pay more taxes to the British without getting anything in return. They were intelligent and learned, but they weren't the most amazing people ever who's decisions need to be held up with reverence hundreds of years later, like some sort of religious cult.

Those aren't health issues if firearm deaths and injuries aren't. And more tax credits to corporations? Great. We already have one of the highest stated corporate taxes in the world, and one of the lowest actual in the western world.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 18 December 2014 - 12:35 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#253 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:47 PM

Interesting reflection from a journalist on the "pro-police" NY rally last night. http://blog.contexts...ering-protests/

#254 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:04 PM

Not that it need's to be stated, Guns are not "health" crisis.
Then neither are drugs or sugars or food sizes or pollution.

I don't think you understand me, drugs/food are health related. Guns are a external object and to my knowledge nobody eats/snorts them? Now if through science we could establish a way to weed out carnal and dangerous thoughts that would be a great. I figure just take some of that federal spending and place it in this area, it is what is the best for people.

vs the messing around with the constitution as it stands.
If we are going to do 'the constitution as it stands', then we need to abolish all standing military the US has, and require every male between 18 and 45 to purchase and maintain a weapon that could be used against the Brits if they invaded. Oh, and lets go back to that whole 'only white male land owners can vote' thing, that was working well for us. Stop with the ancestor worship. The Founding Fathers were rich white men who didn't want to pay more taxes to the British without getting anything in return. They were intelligent and learned, but they weren't the most amazing people ever who's decisions need to be held up with reverence hundreds of years later, like some sort of religious cult.

No, if your going to make this argument, then Civilians should any and all access to any arms. I wouldn't mind getting rid of the standing militaries and embassies. Then each state could have a standing state militia, if decided to go to war it would force the governors of all fifty states to decide then.

This is why I am excited about 3-D printers, did you know someone can now print off a full-auto gun? No serial number or anything. Imagine the technology civilians will have access to in the next fifty years.

Those aren't health issues if firearm deaths and injuries aren't. And more tax credits to corporations? Great. We already have one of the highest stated corporate taxes in the world, and one of the lowest actual in the western world.

America seems to be a pretty profitable place. The more wealth that goes that know how to spend it the more companies, businesses, etc will be established. Those at the top will then create a job sector for the needs they have and pay them accordingly.

#255 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

Stop with the ancestor worship.

That document is really important.

Also just a heads up I am totally a fan of a constitutional convention, which is what we really need to hold.

A convention is outlined in Article Five of the Constitution, which would allow two-thirds of state legislatures, or 34 states, to approve an application for a convention. States would then sent delegates to the convention. For an amendment to be adopted, it would have to be approved by three-fourths of, or 38 states.

I know in Arizona their is push to get this to occur

#256 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:22 PM

View Postworry, on 20 December 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

Interesting reflection from a journalist on the "pro-police" NY rally last night. http://blog.contexts...ering-protests/

I will admit I have always complied with Cops and usually go out of my way to be nice kind to them. They have a tough job for sure and always seem to be 1 random comment from snapping. Not that this is the correct logic pattern, but it is what it is.

One night we were out at 3am and it was clear he was looking for signs of drinking, but the Cops questions was do you have hand grenades, rpg's, or full auto's in your vehicle. Still my strangest stop to this day and luckily the guy was driving was DDing that night..hah Fer!!

#257 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:14 PM

Well this is shitty:

http://news.yahoo.co...-001338194.html

#258 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

Yah. Hopefully we will have multiple think pieces on what led these cops to an inevitably violent end, how awful their parents were (dredge up their criminal records perhaps?), how broken the Hispanic cop and Asian-American cop cultures are, etc. so we can finally get to the bottom of this.

#259 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:00 PM

View Postworry, on 21 December 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

Yah. Hopefully we will have multiple think pieces on what led these cops to an inevitably violent end, how awful their parents were (dredge up their criminal records perhaps?), how broken the Hispanic cop and Asian-American cop cultures are, etc. so we can finally get to the bottom of this.

Wow! I see where your coming from...

#260 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:12 AM

http://gawker.com/sl...-cop-1674040381

Share this topic:

• 48 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

61 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 61 guests, 0 anonymous users