Malazan Empire: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Malazan Empire

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread Awww yissssss!

#661 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 26 April 2021 - 07:43 AM

What what?

This post has been edited by Aptorian: 26 April 2021 - 07:47 AM

#662 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 26 April 2021 - 02:45 PM

Finished it last night. In general, I liked the Sam/Bucky/Walker/Isaiah storylines and bits. No complaints on any of those except for the usual "this is a Marvel show so we must suddenly fist-fight instead of talking/shooting" but hey you expect that in these sorts of things.

Sharon felt like an awkward inclusion to me and ultimately makes no sense

Spoiler

I dunno if I agree that the actor for Carly is/isn't a good actor. Her dialogue and scenes just don't fit the intent of the character. She's supposed to be the leader of the movement, but 90% of whenever the flagsmashers are talking about their situation or what they'll do next, it's Carly moping about their situation while her subordinates tell her what they should do next - should have flipped that around to have her being the one passionately rallying her mopey crew forward instead.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#663 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 26 April 2021 - 09:25 PM

Finished it. Liked it. Also didn't like Sam's suit. Did like Bucky's new hair though. New do, new you.

It will be interesting where they take Cap now considering the current climate around race in the US. It could get ham fisted, fast. I really hope they do it well.

This post has been edited by Mezla PigDog: 26 April 2021 - 09:25 PM

Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#664 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 26 April 2021 - 09:40 PM

View PostAptorian, on 26 April 2021 - 06:53 AM, said:

I agree about Falcon Caps suit. I think in action in looks fine but in various shots where you see Sam from the front he looks too bulky. Like he's wearing football pads.

Doesn't fit with the idea of a sleek flier.

And yes the Shield physics are wonky. Sometimes the shield, even thrown by a normal human, goes straight into material, through wood, plaster, stone. Other times it bounces off surfaces and people's heads with little damage. I guess you can handwave it by saying it's about how the characters throw it. It's all in the wrist.

Just like fly fishing...
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#665 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 April 2021 - 04:10 PM

Russell Crowe will be in the next Thor movie as Zeus?! By Odin's Beard! Does that mean they will eventually be bringing Hercules to the MCU? Zounds!

#666 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 May 2021 - 04:04 PM

Official title reveal of BP2.

Attached File  BP2.jpg (54.97K)
Number of downloads: 0
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#667 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 03 May 2021 - 05:51 PM

View PostBriar King, on 03 May 2021 - 05:19 PM, said:

Is Chad even in that?

No, he passed away before it was even written.

Ryan Coogler and Kevin Fiege have gone on record as saying they won't be replacing T'Challa. That only Chadwick will ever have been that character.

I think this means two things for BP: WAKANDA FOREVER

1. We will get some sort of early film sequence that shows or reports T'Challa's death in the MCU.
2. His sister Shuri will get the mantle of Black Panther in this film and going forward.

Shuri has already BEEN the BP in the comics when T'Challa was incapacitated, so my expectation is that the same will happen here, but the incapacitation will just be or progress to death making Shuri's role as Black Panther permanent.

And Letitia Wright is a WONDERFUL actor, and stole the show in most of her scenes...so it only make sense to make her BP going fwd.

Sidenote: The last and only MCU thing that Chadwick shot that we have not seen is his episode of Disney+ MARVEL: WHAT IF... animated show where The Ravagers pick up T'Challa as a child instead of Peter Quill, and T'Challa becomes Starlord.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#668 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 May 2021 - 11:28 PM

Well, guys, in the category of "Disney gonna squeeze every bit of mileage out of the Marvel property" - tonights' NBA game on ESPN (Disney owned) will air the contest in something they are calling "Arena of Heroes."

Posted Image

I'm not sure of the specifics, but I imagine it will be like when Nickelodeon did the Super Bowl and added slime graphics and such. So for this Marvel tie-in we might see Thor's Hammer bop someone on the head when they commit a foul? dunno.

The grid explanation on the programming guide says: "The telecast will integrate elements from an original Marvel story and iconic characters including Iron Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Captain America throughout the live game, including 3D characters, custom graphics and animation packages."

[EDIT] Awwww man, I haven't seen Bird Boy and Bucky Winter GI Joe yet, and I think I just got spoiled the main thing out of that.

Spoiler

Is that true? Bummer that dropped on me like that. Oh well.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 03 May 2021 - 11:37 PM

#669 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:03 AM

huh, they had an exclusive look at the series Loki during that NBA game. I'm sure one of you video hounds will find the clip and post it here.
The comedy was coming across strong and wasn't very "low-key" <<<<< see what I did there? Makes sense I suppose, he is the god of mischief, right? It has that one goof-ball actor who can be hit or miss in it.

#670 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 04 May 2021 - 05:44 AM

You are mistaken it's June 11th
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#671 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:57 PM

View PostBriar King, on 04 May 2021 - 02:50 PM, said:

Shit I thought they were banging out all 3 shows with a week off.

It does all flow, Wandavision run, then the next week the making of, TFATWS run, then the next week the making of, and then you have to factor in the original release for BLACK WIDOW I think which was May 7 (now moved to July 9 and streaming same day with Premium Access), so my guess is that MARVEL: WHAT IF... animated show will be what runs between May 14th and Loki on June 11th, as shows like MS. MARVEL, and SHE-HULK and ARMOR WARS are all still shooting, or yet to be shot.

So yeah, there will be a week with nothing, and then I THINK WHAT IF....but I could be wrong, and we could have nothing till June 11th.

#672 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 May 2021 - 05:02 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 May 2021 - 11:28 PM, said:

Well, guys, in the category of "Disney gonna squeeze every bit of mileage out of the Marvel property" - tonights' NBA game on ESPN (Disney owned) will air the contest in something they are calling "Arena of Heroes."

Posted Image

I'm not sure of the specifics, but I imagine it will be like when Nickelodeon did the Super Bowl and added slime graphics and such. So for this Marvel tie-in we might see Thor's Hammer bop someone on the head when they commit a foul? dunno.

The grid explanation on the programming guide says: "The telecast will integrate elements from an original Marvel story and iconic characters including Iron Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Captain America throughout the live game, including 3D characters, custom graphics and animation packages."

[EDIT] Awwww man, I haven't seen Bird Boy and Bucky Winter GI Joe yet, and I think I just got spoiled the main thing out of that.

Spoiler

Is that true? Bummer that dropped on me like that. Oh well.

From what I watched, this was a big nothing burger. No cool graphics except the comic book-ization of player stats. There was this goofy Hero scoring formula based on points, rebounds, assists, blocks & steals. I think Draymond Green became the "arena champion" (or whatever they were calling it) because he booked a triple-double. The worst thing about was the very cringey discussion about the various Marvel super heroes over the course of the game. Hooboy, it was uncomfortable to listen to at times.

Next up for Disney, Dancing with the Stars - Ewok Version.

#673 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 04 May 2021 - 08:24 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 May 2021 - 05:51 PM, said:

And Letitia Wright is a WONDERFUL actor, and stole the show in most of her scenes...so it only make sense to make her BP going fwd.

She's been anti-vaxxing on Twitter so seems to be trying to do herself out of a tent pole role.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#674 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 May 2021 - 11:44 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 04 May 2021 - 08:24 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 May 2021 - 05:51 PM, said:

She's been anti-vaxxing on Twitter so seems to be trying to do herself out of a tent pole role.

Oh no! I didn’t know that. It always sucks to find out an actor you like has shit real life opinions. Oh well.

#675 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 05 May 2021 - 12:19 AM

Wrapped up Falcon and WS. It was alright honestly. I liked it enough to watch season 2, but it pretty average overall.

The Loki trailer was sweet though. But i'm a sucker for anything Owen Wilson though, and he seems perfect in that role.

This post has been edited by Slow Ben: 05 May 2021 - 12:19 AM

I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#676 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 May 2021 - 04:44 PM

LOKI Episode 1 has been shifted up a bit to June 9th now.

#677 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 06 May 2021 - 02:40 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 04 May 2021 - 05:02 PM, said:

Next up for Disney, Dancing with the Stars - Ewok Version.

Would watch.
Twice if the Ewoks kept trying to eat their professional dance partners.

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#678 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 May 2021 - 01:49 AM

I've decided that watching ALL the Marvel movies is just too daunting. So which ones are essential to watch prior to Avengers Infinity War and Avengers End Game? The movies that are most tied into and have plot threads leading up to the finale of those films?

#679 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:46 PM

This is going to be available on Hulu at the end of this month, so not sure if it is official MCU. Reminds me of something that would air on Adult Swim.

#680 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 21 May 2021 - 06:01 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 12 May 2021 - 09:46 PM, said:

This is going to be available on Hulu at the end of this month, so not sure if it is official MCU. Reminds me of something that would air on Adult Swim.

Just watched the first half of episode 1. Ehhh, I don't think it's particularly good.

Share this topic:

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users