Malazan Empire: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Malazan Empire

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread Awww yissssss!

#441 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:41 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 November 2019 - 12:12 AM, said:

Oh neat, the microtransactions model has come to the MCU. Pay-to-play <> get screwed to view Posted Image

Kevin Feige Confirms You'll Need To Watch Disney Plus Marvel Shows To Keep Up With The Movie MCU

Marvel chief creative officer Kevin Feige has made it clear that if you want to keep up with the ongoing slate of Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, you will indeed need to be watching the Disney+ shows on the side as well:

"If you want to understand everything in future Marvel movies, he says, you'll probably need a Disney+ subscription, because events from the new shows will factor into forthcoming films such as Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. The Scarlet Witch will be a key character in that movie, and Feige points out that the Loki series will tie in, too. "I'm not sure we've actually acknowledged that before."

View PostPrimateus, on 19 November 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

View PostCoco with marshmallows, on 19 November 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

View PostMalankazooie, on 08 November 2019 - 12:12 AM, said:

Oh neat, the microtransactions model has come to the MCU. Pay-to-play <> get screwed to view Posted Image

Well, in the words of a different Disney flick,

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates' life for me.....

It's not piracy, it's a surprise discount!

I would near guarantee the furthest this goes is the Marvel equivalent of The Ghost showing up in a Star Wars movie, or Nico in RUNAWAYS having the same eye scarring as the badguys in Dr Strange. Sure, it's kind of cool, and let's you know 'everything', but i would gurantee no one's enjoyment of the SHANG-CHI movie is going to depend on their seeing episode 2 of WANDAVISION.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#442 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:39 PM

Can I ask any of you dudes with D+ does it have all the MCU movies on there? My wife and I want to watch the whole 4 phases up to Endgame and this would be a great way to do it.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#443 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:55 AM

Finally got to watch Captain Marvel and enjoyed the hell out of it. Brie Larson was suitably smirky badass. I'll need a re-watch, but it might be top 5. Top 10 certainly.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#444 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:13 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 19 November 2019 - 09:39 PM, said:

Can I ask any of you dudes with D+ does it have all the MCU movies on there? My wife and I want to watch the whole 4 phases up to Endgame and this would be a great way to do it.

Not all of them yet, as some are still under license to Netflix and such...but by March when the UK gets it, probably. MOST of it is on there though right now.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#445 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 20 November 2019 - 03:05 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 20 November 2019 - 02:13 AM, said:

Not all of them yet, as some are still under license to Netflix and such...but by March when the UK gets it, probably. MOST of it is on there though right now.

In Canada by example, INFINITY WAR is still licensed to Netflix, so it's not on D+ even tho END GAME is. Same for BLACK PANTHER and a few other MCU flics. Whenever those deals end/expire/are paid out, the films will show up.
Point being a fan who wants to (legally) watch the complete MCU set right now via streaming service would need both Netflix and D+.

#446 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:42 PM

View PostAbyss, on 20 November 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 20 November 2019 - 02:13 AM, said:

In Canada by example, INFINITY WAR is still licensed to Netflix, so it's not on D+ even tho END GAME is. Same for BLACK PANTHER and a few other MCU flics. Whenever those deals end/expire/are paid out, the films will show up.
Point being a fan who wants to (legally) watch the complete MCU set right now via streaming service would need both Netflix and D+.

Thanks both. Don't have it in the UK yet but maybe by March they will be there as QT says. Also by the time I get round to getting it, starting the watch thru and catching up with the ones that aren't there yet it'll nearly be 2021 anyway...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#447 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:39 AM

No wet panties over the trailer?

You're slacking Empire Nerds!

#448 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:11 PM

#449 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:54 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 20 November 2019 - 01:55 AM, said:

Finally got to watch Captain Marvel and enjoyed the hell out of it. Brie Larson was suitably smirky badass. I'll need a re-watch, but it might be top 5. Top 10 certainly.

It was very annoying in a way because CM was great fun, but then the character was conspicuously absent in Endgame and was basically relegated to the Giant Space Flea out of Nowhere trope.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#450 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:58 PM

Conversely, if she'd turned up and thrown her weight around to the extent she could have, it would have detracted from the cast we already knew from previous films - and Endgame was a swansong for them.

Personally of the two options I think they made the right choice - CM will I suspect have plenty of room going forward to shine.

- Wyrd biđ ful aræd -

#451 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:23 AM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 03 December 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

Conversely, if she'd turned up and thrown her weight around to the extent she could have, it would have detracted from the cast we already knew from previous films - and Endgame was a swansong for them.

Personally of the two options I think they made the right choice - CM will I suspect have plenty of room going forward to shine.

Ehhh, we'll see. The character's handling in Endgame already detracted from what was going on so seems like a lose-lose situation. Which is a shame given how good CM as a standalone was.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#452 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:22 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 03 December 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

This. She's 100% Superman of the MCU. She can't be on scene during the heavy lifting because with her power level she can just wipe the floor with the enemy, and rob everyone else of their chance to shine.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#453 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:02 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 December 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

Looks pretty damn good.
The trailer is fairly by-the-numbers but the elements they're throwing in - the Red Room, Russian super-soldiers, Taskmaster - just have so much potential for comic movie goodness.

#454 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:55 PM

David Harbour as dad/Red Guardian has me more interested. Looks like his comedic relief might be right in my wheelhouse. The trailer provided that nudge. Prior, I didn't even know about this and if I did, I would have been lukewarm towards it.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 04 December 2019 - 04:56 PM

#455 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:59 AM

I admit I lost interest in watching any more of those after Endgame... could even say that perhaps it was Infinity War that was the high point of the MCU. Now I'm just... fatigued. Too many. Too much.

Maybe in a couple of years I'll go back and binge-watch whatever's gonna come out inbetween.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#456 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:07 PM

I might be heading the same way, but watched Spidey Far From Home at the weekend there, enjoyed it, not as much as the first but still enjoyed it

#457 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:12 PM

Started a full MCU re-watch on D+ the other day, and I'm thorough IRON MAN 1 (still excellent; though Terrence Howard SUCKS as Rhodey), and I'm now halfway through IRON MAN 2 (Don Cheadle fucking RULES as Rhodey)...and it's funny I'm enjoying it all even more now that I'm watching it all these years later.

Anyways, I'm going to keep going in order through all of them up to Endgame and I'm HOPING to get done before BLACK WIDOW comes out in May.

I think the only one I'll skip is THE INCREDIBLE HULK....not just because it's not on D+ but because I recall it being...meh before Ruffalo took the role.

#458 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:02 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 13 January 2020 - 02:12 PM, said:

Started a full MCU re-watch on D+ ...

I think the only one I'll skip is THE INCREDIBLE HULK....not just because it's not on D+ but because I recall it being...meh before Ruffalo took the role.

I rather liked that one. Leaving aside how much better it is than the 2003 mess, it had a good pace, Norton was believable in the roll, as a fugitive Banner who is maybe more MacGyver than scientist (tho agreed Ruffalo is better) ,and the action was fun. Not brilliant, but a worthy inclusion with the rest of the films.

#459 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:10 PM

View PostAbyss, on 13 January 2020 - 04:02 PM, said:

I rather liked that one. Leaving aside how much better it is than the 2003 mess, it had a good pace, Norton was believable in the roll, as a fugitive Banner who is maybe more MacGyver than scientist (tho agreed Ruffalo is better) ,and the action was fun. Not brilliant, but a worthy inclusion with the rest of the films.

Part of it for me is the Toronto-set...they didn't try to hide it even a little. It's like Oh, there's Sam the Record Man.

#460 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 13 January 2020 - 06:06 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 13 January 2020 - 04:10 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 13 January 2020 - 04:02 PM, said:

Part of it for me is the Toronto-set...they didn't try to hide it even a little. It's like Oh, there's Sam the Record Man.

Hey that's all that's left of Sam, cut him some slack. :)

Share this topic:

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users