Malazan Empire: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread - Malazan Empire

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread Awww yissssss!

#101 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:33 PM

What happens to the current Spiderman franchise? And actors?
Another reboot?

#102 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:27 PM

Aye, another reboot which is a shame as I really like Garfield as Spiderman... just the films that were the problem!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#103 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:54 PM

ANOTHER Spidey reboot? Give it a rest ffs...
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#104 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:04 PM

View PostMcLovin, on 10 February 2015 - 01:54 PM, said:

ANOTHER Spidey reboot? Give it a rest ffs...

Well, yeah. But at least Spider-man is now back where he belongs. I'll gladly suffer through another reboot just for that.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#105 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:25 PM

Does this mean we're not getting the Sinister Six movie? I am more excited for that film than the rest of the avengers stuff.

#106 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:57 PM

2002 First actor
2012 Second actor
2017 third actor
2019 fourth actor maybe??

Thats taking the pi**. Garfield gets thrown under the bus to satisfy this deal.
Poor form.Just so that Spiderman can appear in a MCU film. Its like a devouring organism that "must" reclaim all of its lost properties. Why? I see no other Spiderman films in the Marvel lineup. Or Sinister 6 Films. Or teh Venom film. What happens to them? Thrown under the bus too? I appreciate diversity and ASM/ASM2 just felt different (and difference is good!) to the average MCU film which all feel the same to me in tone. (which to be fair, has to be the case for a shared universe and no, I'm not unhappy with the MCU tone). Now, well, I'm not happy. Something unique is gone.

At least Fox still have the Xmen.

This post has been edited by blackzoid: 10 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

#107 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:16 PM

Yeah, fuck those original copyright holders from wanting to recover their intellectual property from a company who would, are and will continue to churn out terribly written, acted and directed dross to retain the license. Also ha bloody ha if you think Marvel wouldn't do all the Spiderman stories in the world that they could.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#108 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

As someone whose ranking is basically Tobey 1 > Garfield 2 > Tobey 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tobey 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garfield 1, I was thinking they were finally getting the hang of it back, but I'm not shocked. I don't know who these dopes are who were clamoring for Spidey to be in the Avengers movies in the first place. What's the point? It's like the C-grade trivia on the back of a Spider-Man cereal box (Did you know that Spider-Man is an off-and-on member of The Avengers?) came to life and forced its stupid way into the movies.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#109 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:19 PM

Is Garfield DEFINITELY gone though?

No chance he could swing it (see what i did there?) and get the part?
meh. Link was dead :(

#110 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:11 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 10 February 2015 - 06:16 PM, said:

Yeah, fuck those original copyright holders from wanting to recover their intellectual property from a company who would, are and will continue to churn out terribly written, acted and directed dross to retain the license. Also ha bloody ha if you think Marvel wouldn't do all the Spiderman stories in the world that they could.

Well Marvel did sell the license to Sony. And I dont think Sony treated Spiderman too badly at all.
Spiderman 2 and ASM 1 are fantastic films IMHO. And Spiderman 1 is pretty good.

My worry is, that Marvel will not promote the lesser-known superhero properties that they do have as a result of this. For example say at some furture stage a "MCU-approved" Spiderman 2 is created at the expense of a Captain Marvel 2 or a Blank Panther 2. At leaast by spreading out the rights to other studios, more superhero properties can be filmed. There is only so much film superhero budget to go around for one studio, even at Marvel/Disney. Right?

This post has been edited by blackzoid: 10 February 2015 - 10:16 PM

#111 User is offline   champ 

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

Taken from:

http://uk.ign.com/ar...-get-spider-man

The Sony Spider-Man spin-offs, for the moment, are still in the works. This includes Sinister Six, Venom and the female Spidey characters film that we've previously heard about. The Amazing Spider-Man 3 is obviously dead, and "while Marvel’s Feige is involved with Sony’s new Spider-Man films, he currently is not expected to be creatively involved with the spinoffs."

Tehol said:

#112 User is offline   blackzoid 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:32 PM

Ok, thats good news for sure

#113 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:40 PM

View Postchamp, on 11 February 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

Taken from:

http://uk.ign.com/ar...-get-spider-man

The Sony Spider-Man spin-offs, for the moment, are still in the works. This includes Sinister Six, Venom and the female Spidey characters film that we've previously heard about. The Amazing Spider-Man 3 is obviously dead, and "while Marvel’s Feige is involved with Sony’s new Spider-Man films, he currently is not expected to be creatively involved with the spinoffs."

Just read this, was about to come post it too, but I see you've beaten me to it!

I'm SUPER excited for this! Spiderman is my fave of all the heroes, so it'll be fun to see him work with the Avengers et al! Wonder who's gonna be the new Spidey!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#114 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:32 PM

Should be Miles Morales. But we'll see if they have the gumption to do that.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#115 User is offline   champ 

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:21 PM

View Postamphibian, on 11 February 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

I figure that's the only way that they could do Spiderman and include another origin story otherwise they'll introduce him - probably in Captain America 3 - as Peter Parker and skip the whole origin story.

It'll be interesting to see if they also go ahead with the Sinister Six film and throw it into the MCU or whether that'll stay separate.

It would be great too if this was the ice breaker and we'll see Fox let up and let Wolverine out to play too ultimately leading to the mother of all cross overs, MCU vs X-men!

Tehol said:

#116 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

Huh, never heard about Ultimate Spidey version 2.0.

http://en.wikipedia....iles_Morales%29

I dislike the idea that Norman Osborne "just" made another spiderman. There's a lot of repercussions I would see coming from being able to replicate spidermans powers. But that's hand wavey comic book writing for you I guess.

Also, Spiderman being able to both make himself blend in with anything, clothes and everything, on top of having an overpowered projectile/transferring electrical shock ability seems like overkill. Being able to knock out a character like Giant Man with one shot seems ridiculous.

Every fight would just be sneak up unseen, sucker punch the bad guy, go home and bang the super model. Or what ever Morales gets up to in his free time.

Now if they made a character called Mantis Shrimp Man or Sneaky Octupus Guy, THEN we'd be in business.

This post has been edited by Apt: 11 February 2015 - 07:34 PM

#117 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:54 PM

Reason?

Miles is great, but I want Parker introduced first into the MCU.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#118 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:38 PM

These fan-made titles for the forthcoming DOCTOR STRANGE flick are nothing short of perfect!

http://vimeo.com/131506743

The actual titles could do a lot worse than to hire this guy to make them.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#119 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ˝ man, ˝ amazing

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:06 PM

Anyone see Ant-man? thoughts/reviews?

I'll probably wait to see it until it comes out on EPIX or HBO or whatever channel it hits. Just wondering if anyone saw it and what they thought, if it's worth seeing in the theatre after all?

Or if it was mentioned in a thread somewhere else I overlooked you can just toss me a link in that direction? :ermm:

This post has been edited by Bulwyf: 13 July 2015 - 08:07 PM

Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#120 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:04 AM

Civil War trailer, chums.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

• 54 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users