• Group: Game alts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:23 PM

Oh yeah! Badda Boom!

#922 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:25 PM

Thanks for playing everyone! Hope everyone had as much fun as I did running it! :)

I'd appreciate your opinions on the NK mechanic!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#923 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostBlend, on 07 August 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

Thanks for playing everyone! Hope everyone had as much fun as I did running it! :)

I think it was great. Did you foresee the WIFOM clusterfuck it would create?
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#924 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostGnaw, on 07 August 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

A little bit, Venge and I discussed how much to reveal in the Night Scenes, and ended up landing on only using the attacks from each fighter, and whether they hit or miss.

No one ever had a dodge ability, but I did not want to make it obvious if someone had a shield or if they just had a piece of armour, so I tried to use non-descriptive verbs as much as possible.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#925 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

Yes! Go team awesome!
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#926 User is offline   Inane Babble 

• Lieutenant

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

View PostBlend, on 07 August 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

View PostGnaw, on 07 August 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

A little bit, Venge and I discussed how much to reveal in the Night Scenes, and ended up landing on only using the attacks from each fighter, and whether they hit or miss.

No one ever had a dodge ability, but I did not want to make it obvious if someone had a shield or if they just had a piece of armour, so I tried to use non-descriptive verbs as much as possible.

Well shit, that you mentioned dodging a few times in the post I thought for sure it was his ability.

What was your reasoning for having 2/3 champions having abilities and 1 that was just good at fighting?

Seriously fucking glad I wasn't put up against that shield that turned parries into double damage on me, I would have been cut to very fine ribbons.

Obdigore! Give me a hug, let go of your hate!

#927 User is offline   Inane Babble 

• Lieutenant

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 07 August 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

Yes! Go team awesome!

You hide well in the early game, but come late game you are the easiest person in the world to alt.

#928 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

View PostInane Babble, on 07 August 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

What was your reasoning for having 2/3 champions having abilities and 1 that was just good at fighting?

I tried to think of how a normal Town vs Scum game would be set up.

When you look at the bare bones of it:

I had 3 scum, 1 BP and LP killer and 2 symps.

To balance that out, given that the tyrant knew the two other scum, which gives scum a bit of an advantage, I had to come up with roles for town.

So Gannicus' and Crixus' abilities basically boiled down to a Heal/Guard, whereas Spartacus' ability was meant to be sort of like a vig or reflect.

I think it worked out well in the end.

#929 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

View PostInane Babble, on 07 August 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

Yes! Go team awesome!

You hide well in the early game, but come late game you are the easiest person in the world to alt.

by that point it shouldn't matter.

#930 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

Good game, peoples.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#931 User is offline   Inane Babble 

• Lieutenant

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 07 August 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

View PostInane Babble, on 07 August 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

Yes! Go team awesome!

by that point it shouldn't matter.

True enough, it's just entertaining see your identity erupt out of your alt like a chest burster :)

#932 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostInane Babble, on 07 August 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

True enough, it's just entertaining see your identity erupt out of your alt like a chest burster :)

Haha, perfect analogy! :p
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#933 User is offline   Inane Babble 

• Lieutenant

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

View PostBlend, on 07 August 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

To balance that out, given that the tyrant knew the two other scum, which gives scum a bit of an advantage, I had to come up with roles for town.

So Gannicus' and Crixus' abilities basically boiled down to a Heal/Guard, whereas Spartacus' ability was meant to be sort of like a vig or reflect.

Definetly, the game was a blast.

I was really surprised you only gave bendal ONE go at putting a shield in the arena, I was expecting 2-4 or something like that!

#934 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

Oh it didn't burst, it oozed. I honestly hold back so much! Yet that helps me read the game better. I literally deleted 20-30 pictures because they looked like doodles and didn't add anything to the story.

On a side note

This actuallyhappened yesterday but whatever.Okay, here we go. A little background aboutme. I'm young (mid 20's), I'm a guy, I'm white, and I'm a huge PhiladelphiaEagles fan (American football). For this of you who aren't familiar with thesport, the Eagles and the Dallas Cowboys have a huge rivalry that has existedfor years. Here's where I fuck up.

So I'm at work (fast food), this day I haddecided to wear my favorite Eagles shirt underneath of my uniform because whynot. An older black guy walks into the store wearing a Cowboys hat, t-shirt,lanyard, and jacket. Upon seeing him most of my co-workers greeted him with asmile and a hello. I on the other hand, without thinking, greeted this 60 yearold black guy with a "we don't serve your kind here". It instantlyregistered to me what I had said when all my co-workers looked at me indisbelief. I also realized that this poor guest couldn't see my t-shirt undermy uniform. I instantly began apologizing and explaining. I took my uniformshirt off, showed him my phone background, my credit card, literally anything Icould to show him I was trying to make a sports joke and not being a racistlittle shit.

After about 30 seconds of me explaining hestarted laughing so hard I thought he was gonna piss himself. Then he told menot worry about, and that he understood. I gave him his food for free. Then themanager wanted to have a little chit-chat. I wasn't fired but I was yelled atpretty well.

So that's the story of how sports made melook racist.

#935 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

So Tyrant Steve falls again.

That was some great RP Trull! Really enjoyed it :) Was there any method to your madness when giving out orders?

@Blend: As always, the Steve mechanic is very enjoyable. Did you ever think about giving him other abilities too (perhaps not for an M&P)?

The fighting mechanic - though I never got to use it myself - felt like something which would be best served in a more complex game. Cool idea.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#936 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostInane Babble, on 07 August 2014 - 03:41 PM, said:

I was really surprised you only gave bendal ONE go at putting a shield in the arena, I was expecting 2-4 or something like that!

In retrospect, I think I should have given him the ability to do it twice, but because the shields were much harder to kill, I didn't want to give him too much power to just kill off town.

#937 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 07 August 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

So Tyrant Steve falls again.

That was some great RP Trull! Really enjoyed it :) Was there any method to your madness when giving out orders?

@Blend: As always, the Steve mechanic is very enjoyable. Did you ever think about giving him other abilities too (perhaps not for an M&P)?

The fighting mechanic - though I never got to use it myself - felt like something which would be best served in a more complex game. Cool idea.

Given the dearth of players lately, I wanted to use it for a game that didn't need a bunch of players to play. My more complex games always work better when I have a LOT of players. I could probably have done a more complex game with the 14 players I got for this one, but I already had the game figured for this many players.

It was originally meant to be for the next installment of the Timelords games, but I couldn't figure how to fit it in with Timelord abilities, so I ended up just creating a Gladiators game with it, and brought the Tyrant Steve mechanic into it, cause why the heck not!

#938 User is offline   Inane Babble 

• Lieutenant

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostBlend, on 07 August 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

View PostInane Babble, on 07 August 2014 - 03:41 PM, said:

In retrospect, I think I should have given him the ability to do it twice, but because the shields were much harder to kill, I didn't want to give him too much power to just kill off town.

That's deinetly true, but if he HAD just killed off town, we would have seen "hey, those two guys have only been in once each and each time they obliteratred their opponents and haven't been used since"

I was basing that first day play on the expectation that bendal could put them in a lot more than just once :p OOPS. :)

#939 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

View PostInane Babble, on 07 August 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

That's deinetly true, but if he HAD just killed off town, we would have seen "hey, those two guys have only been in once each and each time they obliteratred their opponents and haven't been used since"

I was basing that first day play on the expectation that bendal could put them in a lot more than just once :p OOPS. :)

Yes, I was a bit surprised that they could only go in once. But I was more surprised that the shields didn't know each other.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#940 User is offline   The Unfound 

• Recruit

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

Ack I missed the end. Sorry I was a little light on participation this week. Work started getting too damn busy. Great game Blend
That psychotic black dwarf with an afro?

Share this topic:

• 48 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users