• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 114 - Gladiators Game Thread

#881 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

View PostAnomandaris, on 31 July 2014 - 02:59 AM, said:

If we are playing by the Shields knowing each other but not being able to communicate (which I think most likely), I have doubts they would vote each other. Since I think Merrid is absolutely a shield, and he is voting for Ultama, I don't think Ultama is a shield. Especially that third vote on Ultama, get that train rolling.

I also find the 'random choice' from Ghennan scummy... but my thoughts on Ghennan are up thread.

Both Merrid and Tennes suddenly have (attempted) contributions today and have tripled their posts from day 1, due to a little pressure. Aranatha hasn't, but he hasn't gotten any real pressure either.

#882 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

View PostAnomandaris, on 31 July 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

If Prazec switches we have 5. Hopefully we get 2 more people around to switch/vote.

Also, note that Merrid is around but will not switch his vote.

#883 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:59 PM

View PostMerrid, on 31 July 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

View PostPrazec Goul, on 31 July 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

He will to get a lynch I am sure. Merrid, care to provide that information, so I am not assuming this

I'm undecided. I have stated that I wont vote for Tennes and I really don't think a lynch there has any merit today. If it comes down to the last 10min and we're at L-1 I will indeed switch because lynch > no lynch.

#884 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

View PostRyadd Eleis, on 31 July 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

Vote Ultama

In order to register my favoured option. I'll switch if need be. But even just on page 1, every one of Ultama's posts say scum to me.

#885 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:01 PM

View PostAnomandaris, on 31 July 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

Oh shit I just hammered. Hahaha.

Oh well. If you all don't lynch Tennes or Merrid tomorrow, my faith in humanity will be gone.

Also, if our stupid slavemaster doesn't make me speak in some awesome way tomorrow I'm going to be even more pissed.

#886 User is offline   Iparth Erule 

• Recruit

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

So voting outside of the arena fight means Prazac, Ryadd and Eldat are the main possibilities.

All three are on the train of Tennes, which means it is a pretty even shot as to who might have been playing the distancing game. Makes me want to vote Ryadd just to avoid the "I had you in my clutches and let you go" possibility.

#887 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:48 PM

It is now Day 5. There are 16 hours 5 minutes remaining.

There are 7 Players left alive: Bendal Home, Eldat Pressen, Ghennan, Iparth Erule, Merrid, Prazec Goul, Ryadd Eleis

4 votes to lynch. 4 votes for night.

1 vote Merrid: Prazec Goul

Players not voted: Bendal Home, Eldat Pressen, Ghennan, Iparth Erule, Merrid, Ryadd Eleis
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#888 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:45 AM

It is now Day 5. There are 12 hours 7 minutes remaining.

There are 7 Players left alive: Bendal Home, Eldat Pressen, Ghennan, Iparth Erule, Merrid, Prazec Goul, Ryadd Eleis

4 votes to lynch. 4 votes for night.

1 vote Merrid: Prazec Goul

Players not voted: Bendal Home, Eldat Pressen, Ghennan, Iparth Erule, Merrid, Ryadd Eleis
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#889 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:14 AM

Ryadd "could" be the other shield for his lack of wisdom when it comes to looking for them, He has proposed on more than one occasion that BH may not be reading the thread. So here is a great example;

View PostGhennan, on 05 August 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

View PostBendal Home, on 05 August 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

Senator Crassus himself has made request for contest between champions of house Batiatus!

ARANATHA AND GHENNAN, GRAB GLADIUS AND COCK. SATE THE SENATOR AND CROWDS WITH CHAMPION'S BLOOD SHED IN GLORIOUS COMBAT.

and while I am here,

ARANATHA MUST SPEAK IN RHYMES FOR THE NEXT 5 HOURS.

Guys listen the fuck up.

I was able to kill skin, and THIS is who bendal chooses to fight with me.

IMAGINE THIS.

I am able to kill a gladiator, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES does bendal make me fight a shield?

The answer to that question whether you think I am gladiator or shield is NO.

Aranatha IS TOWN.

9 alive - bendal = 8 possible

8 - aranatha + me = 6 possible

6 people who have had no mechanical interaction with bendal yet. 2 of them (I think) MUST be our scum.

I am going to make this AS CLEAR AS I CAN.

I'm Spartacus!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2sq409UGtY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8h_v_our_Q

I strongly suggest that we spend some time looking at those 6 unknowns left alive, and see who has had any interaction with bendal home, and who has had NONE. We have a VERY REAL CHANCE of sealing the deal right here.

I think Tennes + another is the scum at the moment, people have suggested Merrid and while it seems likely, I am remain uncertain on that front.

It has been mentioned previously but I am unfamiliar with the series they were referring to when talking about my ah, combat style. That should help cement my identity to people still not convinced.

Once again: The shields are two of these players! We should take the time to find any connections between them or bendal home!

Eldat Pressen, Iparth Erule, Merrid, Prazec Goul, Ryadd Eleis, Tennes

First of all Ghennan's reveal, a whole 40 posts before BH quotes it or replies in anyway.

View PostBendal Home, on 05 August 2014 - 10:25 PM, said:

I return from Capua to find my gladiators in good form. Citizens marvel at Doctore's skill at the smithy; never before has another forged such steel from the shit and piss that once stood before me.

View PostGhennan, on 05 August 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

I'm Spartacus!

What an incredible reveal! Of course, with you at my side Spartacus, what fucking heights might we achieve? Shall we pull Jupiter from the heavens? (But... I am also Spartacus...)

The rest of you gladiators must watch Spartacus in the arena. Watch as he kills all challengers. Watch as he kills your very brothers, and know that with their death my wealth grows. Blood for glory -- blood for Batiatus!

Back to your training.

MERRID MUST SPEAK ONLY IN RHYMES FOR THE NEXT THREE HOURS

The final games approach. The mighty Republic moistens in anticipation for what is to come.

So my point in a minute is going to be relevant to the above and why we are fucking around.

My second point in this post is this post by Ryadd

View PostRyadd Eleis, on 05 August 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

The Merrid-Tennes connection by Prazec rests on the foundation that the shields know each other, otherwise it doesn't work. Myself I'm not sure either way as yet about that. As I said before, I'd be amenable to voting Tennes simply because he has attracted so much suspicion recently, even though I myself haven't found it the same.

The Merrid posts re Tennes are odd, I'll give you that. If it's a scum defending another scum it's pretty blatant, especially with few other posts by Merrid to cover it up. I don't know if scum would be so open about defending their own. Having mulled it over, though, I think it's probably a worthy enough suspicion to follow.

Now this looks as though he is trying to debunk my case against Tennes using Merrid as the way out. That is, if Ryadd is the other shield he knows that Merrid is not, so the link between the two players is false and he knows this. That is why he goes all out to analyse each and every player. It definitely looks as though he is trying to steer away from Tennes.

Put that with the fact that..

View PostMerrid, on 31 July 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

It is now Day 2. 1 hours 25 minutes remaining.

There are 13 Players left alive: Anomandaris, Aranatha, Bendal Home, Eldat Pressen, Ghennan, Iparth Erule, Kessobahn, Merrid, Prazec Goul, Ryadd Eleis, Skintick, Tennes, Ultama

7 votes to lynch. 7 votes for night.

5 votes Tennes: Eldat Pressen, Iparth Erule, Anomandaris, Ghennan, Prazec Goul
2 votes Ultama: Merrid, Kessobahn

Players not voted: Aranatha, Bendal Home, Iparth Erule, Ryadd Eleis, Skintick, Ultama

View PostRyadd Eleis, on 31 July 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

Having finished myread up, I would prefer an Ultama lynch. To me, they've made more eyebrow-raising comments than Tennes, especially near the beginning of the game. Tennes, by contrast, is pretty grey and boring. Nothing really that I would pin on them, which I know a few will be saying is exactly the point. I do prefer to go on something I can accuse someone of, though, rather than the "lookeet the smoothness!" accusation - which, of course, if it's pointed out as such, is hardly being smooth play now is it? :)

View PostRyadd Eleis, on 31 July 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

Vote Ultama

In order to register my favoured option. I'll switch if need be. But even just on page 1, every one of Ultama's posts say scum to me.

View PostTennes, on 31 July 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

View PostEldat Pressen, on 31 July 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

Does anyone else find it interesting that neither candidate has voted?

I'm here and most of your comments make me feel like I'm playing with a mentally retarded player. I specifically said I was going to sleep and that I will vote after waking up. You choose to ignore it and make this post.

Vote Ultama

Because it seems like Merrid isn't a candidate anymore and my lynch wouldn't benefit town.

View PostIparth Erule, on 31 July 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

Remove Vote

Vote Ultama

Ryadd starting the swing away from Tennes on that fateful day we lynched Ultama.

#890 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:23 AM

That post above (the BH situation, it is almost 13 hours before he responds to i).

So here is a point for todays lynch;

Ghennan now says he is suspicious of the fighters...

View PostGhennan, on 06 August 2014 - 08:54 AM, said:

*giggles chidlishly*

I am bestest gladiator everest!

Real talk now.

That bendal has given up putting me in the arena should confirm to EVERYONE that I am the last gladiator. If one of his shields was able to dispatch two of the gladiators with such ease, he would have no qualms about leaving me in there until he ran out of "shield in the arena" ability uses, which would also reduce the number of people he has to throw into the arena.

Which means! That I am now suspicious of those two he has named to fight in the arena tonight. Now that he knows two gladiators are dead, and the identity of the third, he can throw regular town after town into the jaws of one of his shields and not have to worry about it too much. I know (and you should all know too) that Bendal up to yesterday never once risked his shields in the arena. Today, with 1 shield left, and knowing he can choose weak opponents to fight them, he might be trying to hide his shield in the glare of the arena hoping we focus on other players.

Now. Since we have the numerical advantage for a short while, I propose we let tonights fight go through as planned, lynch the best non-fighter target today, and see what the result of the fight is tomorrow and go from there.

Thoughts?

Now Ghennan is PI as far as we can see, there has been no counter and Sparticus is still alive.

However, from scum's PoV both Eldat and I should be looking mightily town after taking down Tennes. It could be extreme distancing from one of us, looking at you Eldat.

Now I say this

I have read this again. He has not risked a shield yet and why risk the game at this stage? Isn't it easier to pit town against town, then 100% town die? We are already suspicious of all three of Ryadd, Merrid and Iparth so it throws them further into obscurity.

He will have to gamble soon I agree with you, but today is too soon, he will need to lower the risk of town voting out his shield and to do that he has to get rid of both me and Eldat in my opinion because we hated on Tennes the most.

Instead of focusing on the night, let's focus on on thread interactions and the vote swing which was now evidently away from Tennes and onto town. Scum will 100% be on the other train.

Eldat says this

View PostEldat Pressen, on 06 August 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

@GH there is no reason for him to put a shield into the fight yet. With 5 people who have not fought yet there is still not enough info from the fights to really help determine scum. After tonight however will really help with things. Tonight are 2 brand new fighters. Leaving only 3 who havent fought. Consequently its the top 3 on the scum list so far. With no suspicion really coming our way Bendal kind of has to put me and Prazac in the ring. Otherwise it helps us narrow our options. Now Im not saying PG is absolutely inno, but I have a strong feeling that way. I will have to go back over the thread again to make sure I dont catch anything. I agree with the common thought process of not lynching a fighter tonight. And I actually fully plan on BH trying to keep both of us either shut the hell up today or make it very difficult for us to convey any information, as he has already shown with PG.

My point here Ghennan is that BH has read up on the thread and what we have just talked about so therefore changed his decision.

View PostBendal Home, on 06 August 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

View PostBendal Home, on 06 August 2014 - 01:32 AM, said:

You fucking c**ts! No more fucking games.

ELDAT PRESSEN AND PRAZEC GOUL MEET IN BLOODY FUCKING CONTEST.

You fucking whores

PRAZEC GOUL MUST RP AS A MIME FOR THREE HOURS. WHY NOT SILENCE? FUCK YOU, THAT'S WHY.

Scratch that!

MERRID AND IPARTH ERULE WILL MEET IN THE ARENA

oh, almost forgot:

PRAZEC GOUL MUST RP AS A MIME FOR THREE HOURS. WHY NOT SILENCE? FUCK YOU, THAT'S WHY.

Now, you are saying let these two fighter fight and lynch someone away from the thread? Whereas I am saying lets not look at the night fight candidates and lynch off Tennes' vote swing. To me there are two stand out players who could be the shield and they are Merrid and Ryadd.

#891 User is offline   Ghennan 

• Recruit

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

I strongly dislike this decision to totally ignore the information bendal home has given us. Do we seriously think he has left his last remaining defense as the only person not yet put into the arena? Do we think he is so afraid of them getting killed that he singles them out by virtue of never once glancing in their direction? He KNOWS he must hide them, or should know at least.

The reasoning for the lynches works in an M&P game, and this basically is one, but with the important and relevant pieces of information we can glean from Bendal's choices.

At any rate, people have been giving me flak all game for playing the way I have, so since this is the ostensible "best" course of action for us;

Vote Ryadd Eleis

#892 User is offline   Prazec Goul 

• Recruit

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

View PostGhennan, on 07 August 2014 - 09:10 AM, said:

I strongly dislike this decision to totally ignore the information bendal home has given us. Do we seriously think he has left his last remaining defense as the only person not yet put into the arena? Do we think he is so afraid of them getting killed that he singles them out by virtue of never once glancing in their direction? He KNOWS he must hide them, or should know at least.

The reasoning for the lynches works in an M&P game, and this basically is one, but with the important and relevant pieces of information we can glean from Bendal's choices.

At any rate, people have been giving me flak all game for playing the way I have, so since this is the ostensible "best" course of action for us;

Vote Ryadd Eleis

You know what I like this course of action. It will clear one of the unknowns in Merrid and Iparth.

If Eldat is a shield we are screwed though because tomorrow I will really want to vote Merrid (I am assuming he will win)

Only if Ryadd is not the shield. If Ryadd is the shield then bonus!

Remove Vote

Vote Ryadd Eleis

#893 User is offline   Eldat Pressen 

• Recruit

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

Reading back on everything, I think voting Ryadd is definitely the best way to go right now. For reasons that even he pointed out. After the fight we will have at least some info on our top scum picks. Paying attention to this fight scene could give us quite a few clues.

#894 User is offline   Eldat Pressen 

• Recruit

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

Oops forgot to vote

Vote Ryadd Eleis

#895 User is offline   Ryadd Eleis 

• Recruit

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

My final words of wisdom - please please please everyone read over everyone else. Merrid or Iparth might be favourites for shield, but that doesn't mean something screwy might not be going on. Just make sure you're sure, no quick lynches. We've had some great distancing between scum in recent games.

This isn't me saying don't lynch the winner of the fight, by the way. Just saying be sure you're coming to your own conclusion.

#896 User is offline   Ryadd Eleis 

• Recruit

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

Any questions before I self-vote?

#897 User is offline   Ghennan 

• Recruit

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

No, do not self vote.

I want to see who votes for you.

#898 User is offline   Ghennan 

• Recruit

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:08 PM

I forgot how rare it is for any of the rest to actually POST. Go ahead and self vote if you like, hope PS is around to resolve soon.

#899 User is offline   Ryadd Eleis 

• Recruit

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

Vote Ryadd Eleis

Now who thought I was stalling? :)

#900 User is offline   Eldat Pressen 

• Recruit

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:27 PM

View PostRyadd Eleis, on 07 August 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

Vote Ryadd Eleis