Malazan Empire: World Cup 2014! - Malazan Empire

• 24 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

World Cup 2014! Best Sporting Tournament in the World!

#221 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 26 June 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 26 June 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

I thought maybe a 24 month ban from international football, which would be right but banning him from playing for Liverpool is wrong, Fifa should not have the power to block him from playing in England, Europe maybe but it should be up to the English FA whether to ban him from the premiership. It's a load of bollocks. The English FA should appeal, and not give Fifa the right to do that, especially with how many times Fifa have screwed over the English FA

You're right in that it does set a precedent. Now things that happen in international matches can lead to bans worldwide, nationally or internationally. The ban from ALL football-related activity suggests he won't be able to take part in any of the pre-season training either.

Exactly. It's not been done before. What did Cantona get?

What do players get when they do something harsh in their respective leagues? That does not flow over to international football.

Antonio Valencia and Sterling got sent of in a friendly before the World Cup started, they didn't get banned from anything at all.

Giroud last night must have elbowed the Ecuadorian defender's face at least 3 times, and will he get banned from Arsenal?

It's a joke, I don't condone what he has done, but the ban from ALL football is ridiculous. Fucking wankers.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#222 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

You never know, they might start bringing up the other punishments to match his childish stupid idiotic baby reaction that's literal assault and that he should probably be charged for! More petulance should be banned! Hang all divers! (I may have gone a bit less serious somewhere here)
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#223 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

Like if Joe Hart bit a player in domestic football I'd want him banned from all games, given a paycut and then taught how to play less roughly in a playground setting like the child someone who actually bites is, but the reverse is bad now?
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#224 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

When he bit Ivanovic he was banned from playing football in England for his club, in this case Liverpool, but he could still play for Uruguay. They were not affected. So now, whilst playing for Uruguay, he commits an offence then Liverpool should not be punished. Tit for tat. It's bollocks, there's no consistency at all, and I don't know how the English FA can let that happen either. Liverpool are awaiting the verdic before they surely appeal.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#225 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 26 June 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

When he bit Ivanovic he was banned from playing football in England for his club, in this case Liverpool, but he could still play for Uruguay. They were not affected. So now, whilst playing for Uruguay, he commits an offence then Liverpool should not be punished. Tit for tat. It's bollocks, there's no consistency at all, and I don't know how the English FA can let that happen either. Liverpool are awaiting the verdic before they surely appeal.

But should they? Suarez is getting Liverpool ALOT of bad PR. Wisest move would be to appeal for leniency maybe but every protest from Liverpool garners international disapproval and that could bite chunks out of EPL ticket sales.

Suarez is not changing his ways and the punishment is drawn from a line of escalation. Dishing out equal punishments for repeat offences of this kind almost condones it.
"Oh you bit a guy? naughty boy the usual punishment when in the house but feel free to play as you like on the outside"

The ban should hurt Liverpool and Uruguay so they do more to reign the player in. Whatever has been done so far clearly has not been enough.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#226 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

Holy crap, what a save for Ghana!
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#227 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

Hmm let's take this off the field. He assaulted someone quite badly (possibly a section 47 assault in this country but I always get confused about the different versions of assault we have here so not 100% on that). The point is this: he freaking assaulted someone and if he did that off field with that much evidence (unlikely I know but bear with me) he would probably be looking at jail time especially with his previous (same M.O. even) then he wouldn't be able to play for anyone anyway!

So yeah because he did it on a field he only gets a ban from the game (and half the ban he's not playing for his club anyway). I think he is lucky and actually he has kind of got a pretty light sentence.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#228 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:04 PM

His previous punishment for a separate biting assault was less severe, therefore this one should be just as obviously ineffective a deterrent?

#229 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

View PostTisteon Simeonus, on 26 June 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

Hmm let's take this off the field. He assaulted someone quite badly (possibly a section 47 assault in this country but I always get confused about the different versions of assault we have here so not 100% on that). The point is this: he freaking assaulted someone and if he did that off field with that much evidence (unlikely I know but bear with me) he would probably be looking at jail time especially with his previous (same M.O. even) then he wouldn't be able to play for anyone anyway!

So yeah because he did it on a field he only gets a ban from the game (and half the ban he's not playing for his club anyway). I think he is lucky and actually he has kind of got a pretty light sentence.

EXACTLY. Agree 100%. he's getting off LIGHT.

The guy is a petulant little child and ought to be treated like one. As far as I'm concerned the fact that he's done this not once, not twice but THREE times....should mean a lifelong permanent ban from the sport. Can't play like an adult Suarez? Okay, you're done with the sport full stop.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#230 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:33 PM

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jakovasaurus: 26 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

#231 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 26 June 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

His previous punishment for a separate biting assault was less severe, therefore this one should be just as obviously ineffective a deterrent?

It's the way punishment works in most countries. The punishments get more severe regardless of how good a deterrent they are. By rights he should be in prison.

We'd it I'm not saying it's right or good just that is how it is.

This post has been edited by Tisteon Simeonus: 26 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#232 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

Oh I was responding to Tattersail with that one. Ideally everyone could have Suarez's lawyers.

#233 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

Christiano really roused himself this last game. Ghana should have won though. To be fair they really did defeat themselves here and its a shame.

Pretty meaningless regardless as USA are set to proceed it seems.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#234 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

"Group of Death"? . . . . more like "Group of <smeh>eath"

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jakovasaurus: 26 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

#235 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

View PostDolmen Weeks, on 26 June 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

Christiano really roused himself this last game. Ghana should have won though. To be fair they really did defeat themselves here and its a shame.

yeah. If it was 2:1 Ghana, they'd have made it.

ugh, what a game. both goals on Ghana were screwups in the box. considerign how many of Ronaldo's shots Dauda blocked, I feel really bad for him.

To be fair, Ghana lacked precision. they had a gimme goal with that header in the second half.

#236 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostMentalist, on 26 June 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

ugh, what a game. both goals on Ghana were screwups in the box. considerign how many of Ronaldo's shots Dauda blocked, I feel really bad for him.

To be fair, Ghana lacked precision. they had a gimme goal with that header in the second half.

Yeah Even in the 2010 World Cup Ghana just couldn't find that telling consistancy infront of the Posts.

Gyan and Ayew are amazing forwards, Dauda is an exceptional goalie. Something just goes wrong in the space between defence and Midfield.

This post has been edited by Dolmen Weeks: 26 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

#237 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

View PostDolmen Weeks, on 26 June 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

View PostMentalist, on 26 June 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

Yeah Even in the 2010 World Cup Ghana just couldn't find that telling consistancy infront of the Posts.

Gyan and Ayew are amazing forwards, Dauda is an exceptional goalie. Something just goes wrong in the space between defence and Midfield.

That space is called Boateng and Muntari, and it was on a plane back home...
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#238 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:08 PM

oh, wow, shocking: Capello started Kerzhakov. It's like he finally realized his team has to score goals to win football matches!

Of all the times, why did he pick NOW to master this most challenging of concepts?

anyhow: one, two, three, vive L'Algerie!

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 26 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

#239 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

Vive l'Algerie! (And their Bosnian manager).

#240 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

Algeria remind me of Arsenal...

Share this topic:

• 24 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic