• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Premiership run in. run-in?

#1 User is offline   Sir Bob 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:I am a sponge and I soak up everyone else's interests. I am however partial to socks.

And sarcasm.
  • @DolefulDoug

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

Does this go here? I think it does.

FOOTBALL!!!

Let's talk all things English Premiership.

Who do you think is going to win now? Is it still City's to loose?

I have had ten pounds on Arsenal(In Wenger we trust) since the start of the season, I think that might be a lost cause by now.

Stranger things have happened, I just can't think of any right now...

FOOTBALLLLLLLLLL!

This post has been edited by Sir Bob: 03 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain(wrong series, ed)

pullupapew.wordpress.com

*hugs*

#2 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

I am a massive Liverpool supporter and hope we win the league. It is ours to lose at the moment. We win our last 6 games, we win the league.

I don't think we will do that but I want it to happen so bad.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#3 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

I'm a Spurs and... well, I'd rather not talk about Spurs.

Of the three realistic contenders I'd like Liverpool to take the title (never thought I'd say that...) If only because a lot of people thought Rogers wouldn't be up to the task and I argued that he was, and I like being right.

I would love, seriously love it, if Everton could pip Arse to 4th.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#4 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostKanubis, on 03 April 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

I'm a Spurs and... well, I'd rather not talk about Spurs.

Of the three realistic contenders I'd like Liverpool to take the title (never thought I'd say that...) If only because a lot of people thought Rogers wouldn't be up to the task and I argued that he was, and I like being right.

I would love, seriously love it, if Everton could pip Arse to 4th.

I would love it too. This Sunday will see if they have it in them, if they beat Arsenal then they have a great chance. They could also do us a favour against City at home second to last game of the season.

#5 User is offline   Kanubis 

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

Yeah. Although as long as Martinez gets Everton to finish above Moyes, it'll be hilarious.

The scouse rivalry isn't that strong these days is it?

#6 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostKanubis, on 03 April 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

Yeah. Although as long as Martinez gets Everton to finish above Moyes, it'll be hilarious.

The scouse rivalry isn't that strong these days is it?

Yes and no. Too many of our friends are reds and blues. It's banter between the two but not hate like what we have for United. Same with them, they don't want us to win the league, that's for sure but they don't mind as much if they get into Europe too.

#7 User is offline   D'iversify 

• First Sword

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:09 AM

Much as I am not a Liverpool fan, I do like Brendan Rogers and if they win my old home team get a sorely needed Ł1 million: http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/26840066. So difficult knowing who I want to win, especially now that Arsenal are out of it (I've tried not to be a Chelsea supporter post-Abramovich, and whilst City do play lovely football, ditto foreign billionaire owners distorting the league with their pet clubs). But having United out of the race has made watching this season very enjoyable.
I am the Onyx Wizards

#8 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

Its most certainly Liverpools to lose, the two games, city and Chelsea at Anfield will be this seasons title deciders Imo. Do Liverpool have the legs for it? Not a lot of experience in the team at this level.and stage, but holy fuck I hope we do it.
I'll be at Anfield next Saturday doing my bit to add to the roar, hopefully my dad will be sulking and silent (he's a city fan, I'm taking him as he's never been to a city game and I got an extra ticket.

#9 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostMacros, on 03 April 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

Its most certainly Liverpools to lose, the two games, city and Chelsea at Anfield will be this seasons title deciders Imo. Do Liverpool have the legs for it? Not a lot of experience in the team at this level.and stage, but holy fuck I hope we do it.
I'll be at Anfield next Saturday doing my bit to add to the roar, hopefully my dad will be sulking and silent (he's a city fan, I'm taking him as he's never been to a city game and I got an extra ticket.

Have some rep good sir. My dad used to take me all the time, his season ticket is with someone else at the moment but he will get it back this year. His brother is in Germany at the moment and that is the reason they decided to loan them out for a season or two. Awesome atmosphere every game from now until the end. It's the game like this weekend that are hard for us, West Ham away. I guess every game is tough from now until the end.

#10 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

Imo our season started with Mignolet's save off Walter's penalty late into the first game. That set us up for sure.

#11 User is offline   Kanubis 

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

I think your early victory against Man U set the tone as well. Although I doubt anyone thought it would be such an indicator in the changing fortunes of either club.

#12 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

Liverpool fan here. Ultimately, I believe missing out on the title does not diminish the season Liverpool had.

A draw against City would be a great outcome imho - even without Aguero they're the most complete team in the league. I honestly don't know how Rodgers is going to deal with the midfield duo of Touré and Fernandinho, apart from sending Kolo's pinkie in a box to Yaya's house pre-game with the promise to send more parts unless he gets sent off in the third minute of the game for insulting the ref's mother.

The key is becoming an annual contender and I fear we're closer but still quite far off. Rodgers (and Commoli/King Kenny) had some good purchases (Suarez, Henderson, Allen, Coutinho), but depth is thin for a squad that will want to perform both in the PL and in the CL. City, United and Chelsea will reinforce big time and Spurs and Arsenal can't do worse than they did this year.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#13 User is offline   Whiskey Bass 

• Grand High Cook of High House Bass(e)
  • "Dont gain the world and lose your sole, wisdom is better than silver and gold"

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

life long liverpool supporter here. im not sure we'll have the experience to win the league this year, but things are definitely looking up. this team are so exciting to watch and they remind me of the truly wonderful, skillfull football i watched as i child in the late 70's and 80's. ..come on you reds!

#14 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

My only fear is that Chelsea could still win it. Until they're mathematically done, I won't believe it.

Most of my family are Liverpool fans, so I don't mind them winning, and they do have a couple of fixtures to tip the balance. I'd kinda like City to win it, mostly for Pellegrini, who has been unlucky with his previous teams, playing some lovely football but being hopelessly outmatched financially. But I think there is still a weakness in this City side who should have walked away with the title by now (and I actually feel Yaya Toure has a lot to do with it, as he seems to lose interest in games more and more). City have a lot of games, and i can see them slipping up, unless Aguerro comes back in some reasonable shape.

My real wish is for Everton to finish 4th and get the european spot ahead of Arsenal. I've gradually built up a severe dislike for Arsenal and Whinger, and their "poor Us" routine. Would be really nice to see another name to shake up the usual suspects in the premiership.

My only other hopes for this premiership season are for Norwich to survive (cos chris Hughton is a really nice guy and was treated terribly by Newcastle) and that Alan PArdew will do something else stupid and get a proper ban (and hopefully fall down the steps at St.James' Park). I so wanted David Meyler to beat him to within an inch of his life for the stupid headbut incident, as well as other things. He's an odious character.

So Liverpool or City, please win it, don't care which.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#15 User is offline   Sir Bob 

• High Fist
  • Interests:I am a sponge and I soak up everyone else's interests. I am however partial to socks.

And sarcasm.
  • @DolefulDoug

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

Wow look what I started, I post this then leave for ten secs and BOOM!

Seems everyone wants to chat about the 'ol Premiership.

Obviously I want the Gunners to lift the league but that seems unlikely, I strongly believe that Everton will finish above Man. U and like the rest of you I find that genuinely hilarious!

And while I presented the option of it being Man.C to loose I think Chelsea will nick it, they have the big game players that have been there done that and got the proverbial t-shirt.

Sundays 4th place battle is shaping up nicely I (un)confidently predict a 3-1 result for the Wenger Boys.

And if someone else HAS to win it I would like it to be Liverpool, Steven G deserves it!!

pullupapew.wordpress.com

*hugs*

#16 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

ANYONE BUT THE FREAKIN' SCOUSERS! Seriously, I would take Citeh winning it right now over Liverpool...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#17 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

View PostTiste Brent Not Abyss Weeks Simeon, on 04 April 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

ANYONE BUT THE FREAKIN' SCOUSERS! Seriously, I would take Citeh winning it right now over Liverpool...

Just not your year Sim ! A Man Ure fan & a Forty Whinner !

No prize for guessing who I support ..... surely lightning can't strike twice !!!
What Would Jack Do ?

#18 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

My love for you decreases rapidly every time we talk Grumble... :)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#19 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

some bastard has pulled our tickets, we wont know until monday if we get them or not.
mother fuckers

#20 User is offline   Sir Bob 

• High Fist

And sarcasm.
  • @DolefulDoug

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

Now that I have your attention

*waves feverishly*

Which match is predominant in your thoughts at the start of the season?

Manchester United v Liverpool

or

Manchester United v Manchester City

*activating antagonism agenda*

#3#2#1#

*ACTIVE*

pullupapew.wordpress.com

*hugs*

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users