• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

+Artwork Cheers

#321 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:03 PM

:D

Though I think their skin should be darker.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#322 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Walks in the park.

Waiting till jean gets here.

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:12 PM

Puck, on 11 January 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

:D

Though I think their skin should be darker.

Thanks Puck, yeah i could drop a few shades on em. Kalam in particular. QB i peg as a little less dark because in my head he looks like a friend of mine who has some khoisan in him. I cant shake the mental picture. :p
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#323 User is offline   PLUGO 

• Lieutenant

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:23 PM

I was just looking at the piece which starts this thread, that classic Bridgeburners illustration. I love how both Quick Ben and Kalam look pretty much exactly the same. It makes me long for a Bridgeburners scene done as sequential art. Something akin to to this spoilerific Snake vs. The Mountain 12 page comic - adapted from GRRM's Storm of Swords.

Can you imagine a collaborative project assembled by the various artists on this board? Individual tasks could include Breakdowns, Pencils, Painted Colors, Inks and Lettering. My mind boggles just imagining what scene would be realized.

#324 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:22 PM

Go for it! One of my favourite pieces in the Wiki gallery is the one of the Trygalle , a collaboration between Grim, CN and Dolmen.

#325 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:12 AM

Gah! That scene with the Viper vs the mountain is the core reason I took a break from GoT on the TV. It was the biggest disappointment this side of Brys beddict.

I really do think a project like that is possible. I've worked with CN and Grim, and I loved it. We had further plans but it isn't easy with the limited time we have to get art done. Still its definately possible, my favorite personal artwork was a result of a collab by me and tiny shilloh (Blacksword visits), where we depict Rake fighting the Seguleh. The process we followed could easily turn into a short comic.
“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof Gas-Fireproof.”

#326 User is offline   PLUGO 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:20 AM

Dolmen 2.0, on 12 January 2017 - 12:12 AM, said:

Gah! That scene with the Viper vs the mountain is the core reason I took a break from GoT on the TV. It was the biggest disappointment this side of Brys beddict.

I really do think a project like that is possible. I've worked with CN and Grim, and I loved it. We had further plans but it isn't easy with the limited time we have to get art done. Still its definately possible, my favorite personal artwork was a result of a collab by me and tiny shilloh (Blacksword visits), where we depict Rake fighting the Seguleh. The process we followed could easily turn into a short comic.

Well,
I've certainly got years worth of Forum to catch up on. I'm glad to see that such collaborations have occurred. I suppose a suitable first step would be determining what scene folks would want to participate in depicting. Hmmm, maybe a thread of it's own would be in order . . .

#327 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:50 AM

PLUGO, on 12 January 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

Dolmen 2.0, on 12 January 2017 - 12:12 AM, said:

Well,
I've certainly got years worth of Forum to catch up on. I'm glad to see that such collaborations have occurred. I suppose a suitable first step would be determining what scene folks would want to participate in depicting. Hmmm, maybe a thread of it's own would be in order . . .

Yup its good to start new threads for new projects to keep interest alive and organized.

Scene wise I nominate quite a few that could make a good short comic:

Shadow vs Icarium

The chain of dogs coming to an end.

A certain fight and arrival into Dragnipur.

The final battle in Memories of Ice, gruntle and his followers? Lady Envy, and her hit squad. Lots of good scenes there.

Also ANYTHING involving Kallor tbh. His cursing maybe?

seriously any Kallor scene, I avoid them purely because theres so much to include and focus on.

Oh and ofcourse The end of the crippled god. A bit ambitious that one but very conclusive.

#328 User is offline   Corporal Nobbs 

• First Sword

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:33 AM

This is a great idea, and would be up for it.

I've always thought comics would be a good way to explore things that are mentioned off-screen as well.
For example I would love to see a comic of the Bridgeburners in the Genabackis campaign before they get to Pale. Black Dog Forest against the Boles and Crimson Guard and all that cool shit :p
Rejoice. For very bad things are about to happen

#329 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:52 PM

And pancakes (?) getting thrown due to the lack of arrows :p

This post has been edited by - Coltaine -: 12 January 2017 - 12:52 PM

#330 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

I like the idea :p
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]

#331 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:15 PM

Ok so Plugo will you start a new thread?

We have a few artists onboard. We can poll the scene or discuss it. I agree with CN it would be fun to show something off screen, more licence to play.

Lets see...We'd need a writer(s) to script it and a storyboard team of artist to sketch up a rough manuscript of each page we plan to do(we can all participate at each stage, but someone needs to direct each "department"). Then its linework and colour with text going in twice at storyboarding and then after final colour.

We're all digital so I dont think we'd need much linearting, just a general neatening of bg fg relationships. Its actually scary how good this can be if we work on this in stages.

Edit: this is a Fanart project...would there be licencing issues if we actually created a comic direct from the book texts? I would not want to cause an issue for SE or ICE.

Maybe more reason to go with CN's idea?

This post has been edited by Dolmen 2.0: 12 January 2017 - 05:20 PM

#332 User is offline   PLUGO 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:50 PM

Dolmen 2.0, on 12 January 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

Ok so Plugo will you start a new thread?

We have a few artists onboard. We can poll the scene or discuss it. I agree with CN it would be fun to show something off screen, more licence to play.

Lets see...We'd need a writer(s) to script it and a storyboard team of artist to sketch up a rough manuscript of each page we plan to do(we can all participate at each stage, but someone needs to direct each "department"). Then its linework and colour with text going in twice at storyboarding and then after final colour.

We're all digital so I dont think we'd need much linearting, just a general neatening of bg fg relationships. Its actually scary how good this can be if we work on this in stages.

Edit: this is a Fanart project...would there be licencing issues if we actually created a comic direct from the book texts? I would not want to cause an issue for SE or ICE.

Maybe more reason to go with CN's idea?

On it. Assembling a suitable starter thread now.

#333 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:03 PM

Last time I checked, as long as it's explicitly a fanart-thing and nobody's making money off it and it's only a part of the text, it's totally okay. The important part is not making money off it.

#334 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:28 AM

Puck, on 12 January 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

Last time I checked, as long as it's explicitly a fanart-thing and nobody's making money off it and it's only a part of the text, it's totally okay. The important part is not making money off it.

Awesome.

Thanks for clarifying Puck. :p

#335 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

Don't mind me, Just an update on the CG projects.

Iron Bars being the subject.

I have no clue on whether I should leave the Stormriders bare, give the Stormriders heavy ice armour, maybe wrap em in seaweed....

Posted Image

#336 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:14 PM

Dolmen 2.0, on 20 March 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

Don't mind me, Just an update on the CG projects.

Iron Bars being the subject.

I have no clue on whether I should leave the Stormriders bare, give the Stormriders heavy ice armour, maybe wrap em in seaweed....

That's freaking brilliant, exactly how I pictured it in my head! I think this is one of my favourites of your pieces. Though ice armour could be cool...

#337 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

Bare ... Ice Armor ... Bare ... Ice Armor ...

Hard to decide. I think I agree with Dadding. Ice Armor would be cool, but it is already freaking awesome. Posted Image

#338 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

I will try an ice armour option and post for comparison. I also realize iced armour may be the accurate cannon from the books? Maybe some sort of light covering. Of ice sheets...

#339 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:13 PM

Dolmen 2.0, on 20 March 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

I will try an ice armour option and post for comparison. I also realize iced armour may be the accurate cannon from the books? Maybe some sort of light covering. Of ice sheets...

S'pretty awesome as it stands, but i really want to see what you can do by adding the ice armor. The spears too if you're inclined.
But those wave/steeds... damn.
And that look on Bars' face. Damn, that is some sweet art.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#340 User is offline   Dolmen 2.0 

• is probably lying
  • View gallery

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:08 AM

I'm liking the sheeted Ice armour alot! so going ahead with it.

About 90% done. Need to do some minor improvements to the environment, textures are a must. Maybe I'll do some lighting reflections to tie everything together.

Posted Image

Workflow timelapse.

This post has been edited by Dolmen 2.0: 29 March 2017 - 07:09 AM

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users