• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SLEEPY HOLLOW !!!SPOILERS - DISCUSSION THREAD SPOILERS to latest ep SPOI

#41 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostAbyss, on 26 November 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

Solid ep last night. Went to a few places i didn't see coming and the usual solid performance by Ick and Abbie.

Have to give the show credit for doing a haunted house ep that takes place almost entirely during daylight and still managing to make it mostly work... albeit more than once i was just think 'there's a window RIGHT THERE'. I liked the plot point for Crane and how it linked back to Abbie.

The Jenny/Irwin thing is a bit odd but workable.

Indeed. The Mrs. was like...okay it's daytime...the house is haunted and I'm still shit scared. I agreed. The shot where the crows/ravens flutter through the hallway by the stairs and the flashlight flickers all around...the tree demon is totally in one of the shots...gave me the fucking willies man.

Re: The Windows. My guess is that it would never have been easy to get out even tho the windows looked accessible. Just a guess.

Beyond that, the Abbie /Crane connection was lovely and not forced...and I really liked it because of that.

But my fave bit was Crane going fucking crazy on the Tree demon. "You think you can threaten MY FAMILY?!!" Oh man...chilling anger on that man. Loved it.

The Jenny Irwin dynamic is fine by me as well.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 26 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#42 User is offline   yuna_anomander25 

• sapper elite red coat
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen,
    Dresden Files,
    The Hunger Games
    Anime,

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

just watched the latest ep,, i so love the drama in this show,,

Spoiler

i also don't mind Jenny/Frank,,
It's not who I am underneath.. but what i do that defines me - Batman, Batman Begins; 'Without our deaths, sir, there would be no crime. Thus, no punishment to match,' 'Mortal Sword - '
'We are done, my friend. Now, in this manner, we choose the meaning of our deaths' - Mortal Sword Brukhalian to Veteran Nilbanas, siege of Capustan
'Ippen shinde miru (want to try dying this once) ?' - Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl)

#43 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:57 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 26 November 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

But my fave bit was Crane going fucking crazy on the Tree demon. "You think you can threaten MY FAMILY?!!" Oh man...chilling anger on that man. Loved it....

That scene was glorious. He totally nailed the whole 'i just found out i had a son and YOU TRIED TO KILL HIM DIE YOU FUCKING TWIG THING DIEEEEEE' thing.

View Postyuna_anomander25, on 26 November 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

Spoiler

I like your second theory more than your first. It would be neat to see Ick trying to find and deal with his descendants.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#44 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

Am loving Sleepy Hollow. The world building is great. They've taken the original Sleepy Hollow legend/story and tied it into what is a much larger, epic-scaled world event. The way they choose to portray evil is refreshing in its maturity(especially for network programming). I'm diggin' the scene inside the jail when the 'devil' snaps Mr. Sulu's neck back, and then charges and breaks the mirror as they notice his image leaving the scene.

I'm looking forward to seeing some ass kicking from Abbie's sister, Jenny. She's all athletic and popping off pull ups in the corner and stuff.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#45 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

Fall Finale ep was amazing! They really are connecting things, and I loved the aspect of Jeremy's doll becoming his golem protector because of his rampant, uncontrolled hereditary powers. And that culminates in a wonderful scene where Ichabod puts it to rest and says goodbye to it after thanking it for its service, while also kind of saying goodbye to his son. Very well done.

A Few things stood out here otherwise.

John Noble. Is. Fucking. Gold. Give. This. Man. An. Award. Already. I'm a big fan of his Sin Eater character becoming a part of the Crane/Abbey "team family"and how he kind of acts in a fatherly way to Ichabod. He fits perfectly into the dynamic. Glad he's a part of this show.

Second, Brian Tyler's upped his game on the score in this ep. We now have what I would deem as the SLEEPY HOLLOW equivalent of the sad LOST music.

This music as he lays the Golem to rest.

is just gorgeous. It's also just a really lovely, evocative scene.

Thirdly thing. Love the character development of Irving having lost his faith in God after his daughters car accident and the breakup of his marriage...but that scene in the park with whatever was soul jumping to threaten him...SCARY AS FUCK. LOL. Damn. Also amazingly played by Orlando Jones.

Oh and Victor Garber has been added to the cast playing Ichabod's father in flashbacks? Dude. the pedigree of actors on this show just keeps growing!

This is still VERY EASILY my favourite currently running show on TV (not including DOCTOR WHO cause it's on so sporadically now). I look forward to it each week and I'm never disappointed by it...and I'm about to go into withdrawal until it returns Jan 13th...and then there is only 3 eps left and we have to wait till next season! Arg!

Anyways, love this show.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 11 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#46 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 11 December 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Fall Finale ep was amazing! They really are connecting things, and I loved the aspect of Jeremy's doll becoming his golem protector because of his rampant, uncontrolled hereditary powers. And that culminates in a wonderful scene where Ichabod puts it to rest and says goodbye to it after thanking it for its service, while also kind of saying goodbye to his son. Very well done.

A Few things stood out here otherwise.

John Noble. Is. Fucking. Gold. Give. This. Man. An. Award. Already. I'm a big fan of his Sin Eater character becoming a part of the Crane/Abbey "team family"and how he kind of acts in a fatherly way to Ichabod. He fits perfectly into the dynamic. Glad he's a part of this show.

Second, Brian Tyler's upped his game on the score in this ep. We now have what I would deem as the SLEEPY HOLLOW equivalent of the sad LOST music.

This music as he lays the Golem to rest.

is just gorgeous. It's also just a really lovely, evocative scene.

Thirdly thing. Love the character development of Irving having lost his faith in God after his daughters car accident and the breakup of his marriage...but that scene in the park with whatever was soul jumping to threaten him...SCARY AS FUCK. LOL. Damn. Also amazingly played by Orlando Jones.

Oh and Victor Garber has been added to the cast playing Ichabod's father in flashbacks? Dude. the pedigree of actors on this show just keeps growing!

This is still VERY EASILY my favourite currently running show on TV (not including DOCTOR WHO cause it's on so sporadically now). I look forward to it each week and I'm never disappointed by it...and I'm about to go into withdrawal until it returns Jan 13th...and then there is only 3 eps left and we have to wait till next season! Arg!

Anyways, love this show.

I fervently agree with everything in the above post.

#47 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

It's kind of surprising that I like this show so much, considering that it's so scattershot in terms of antagonists to deal with. Grimm did similar things, but stumbled a bit more until they realized "werewolf + pharmacy lady = B plot gold". This show really has learned to explore the backstory of all the significant characters and to use open-ended plot-things with a pace and style that doesn't lose the audience or ret-con everything else.

Great cast. This is by far the best cast for a new show I've seen in a decade plus. Everyone hits it out of the park from John Cho (the dead policeman) to the all important central pairing of Ichabod (Mison) and Mills (Beharie). I'm even including Katrina (Katia Winter) in this because she's had basically only the absolutely over the top drama/info dump scenes and Revolutionary war scenes to work within and she's connected very well with Mison and the others in those scenes.

Even House didn't hit it this sweetly this fast and that probably had more money and time put into its development.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#48 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

Indeed. I think that when FOX looks back at the out of the gate success this show is, they'll marvel how these things can happen even with the strangest of settings and plots.

#49 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:32 PM

So what's the takeaway from this? That absolutely stellar casting and a pretty good idea by the writing staff of how to keep the central characters playing off each other in interesting ways is absolutely a valid way to get over a weak overall plot and at times iffy setting?

#50 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

Katia Winter has a pretty fun twitter. Here she is as "pregnant Katrina giving birth to John Cho's head": https://twitter.com/...173825307820032

#51 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

The whole cast is goofy awesome on Twitter. Orlando Jones enjoys posting pics of him when he feels he's looking "badass"

They seem to have a lot of fun together.

#52 User is offline   yuna_anomander25 

• sapper elite red coat
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen,
    Dresden Files,
    The Hunger Games
    Anime,

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:06 AM

just watched the latest ep,, it's good, though my theory is now null,, as we now know what happened,, but I'm still hoping he's still alive,,

hope we could get to see more of the Coven and Ichabod's son,,
It's not who I am underneath.. but what i do that defines me - Batman, Batman Begins; 'Without our deaths, sir, there would be no crime. Thus, no punishment to match,' 'Mortal Sword - '
'We are done, my friend. Now, in this manner, we choose the meaning of our deaths' - Mortal Sword Brukhalian to Veteran Nilbanas, siege of Capustan
'Ippen shinde miru (want to try dying this once) ?' - Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl)

#53 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

View Postamphibian, on 18 December 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

.. absolutely stellar casting and a pretty good idea by the writing staff of how to keep the central characters playing off each other in interesting ways is absolutely a valid way to get over a weak overall plot and at times iffy setting?

Yes.

And also that there is little out there in tv land that isn't vastly improved by the inclusion of a headless horseman of the Apocalypse with an assault rifle.
Posted Image

#54 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

Wow, that was not only a truly, TRULY frightening episode to come back with...but it was a solid dramatic ep.

Loved the bit of humour with Ichabod's new Clothes. Wonder if he'll actually use them, or if his dismissal of them was a nod to him not getting rid of his period garb. I'm fine either way, honestly. Though if he chooses the new clothes, I'd AT LEAST want him to keep the badass revolutionary-war era coat.

Finding out about Jenny's possession was creepy....as...fuck....but damn if that demon didn't easily sidestep that salt line...that kind of shit gives me the willies. You can't get away from it.

Orlando Jones OWNED this episode. Just awesome in everything he did.

I'm sad next week s the two hour finale.

Though they are fastracking the second season by beginning shooting in March for an apparently uninterrupted 13 eps next Fall. Woot Woot.

#55 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 14 January 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

Wow, that was not only a truly, TRULY frightening episode to come back with...but it was a solid dramatic ep.

Loved the bit of humour with Ichabod's new Clothes. Wonder if he'll actually use them, or if his dismissal of them was a nod to him not getting rid of his period garb. I'm fine either way, honestly. Though if he chooses the new clothes, I'd AT LEAST want him to keep the badass revolutionary-war era coat.

Finding out about Jenny's possession was creepy....as...fuck....but damn if that demon didn't easily sidestep that salt line...that kind of shit gives me the willies. You can't get away from it.

Orlando Jones OWNED this episode. Just awesome in everything he did.

I'm sad next week s the two hour finale.

Though they are fastracking the second season by beginning shooting in March for an apparently uninterrupted 13 eps next Fall. Woot Woot.

Agreed on all points. Great ep, took an old stale possession trope and did it creepy, with some great Jenny backstory too. Loved the bit where she faced down the survivalists, even if it was fairly obvious.
Ich in skinny jeans was all kinds of funny.

Psyched for the 2hr finale, even tho i know, I KNOW, they're going to cliffhanger the headless fucksteaks out of us.

#56 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

Damn I have to wait until Feb 5th for more. The break here started after ep 9 so haven't seen the golem ep yet. Is it weird that when I read this thread I get the theme music in my head?
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#57 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

2hour finale.

HOLY

SHITSNACKS

a solid two hours of entertainment...but sweet merciful Odin...the last 15 minutes were mind fuckery excellence!

Now we begin the wait to Season 2.

All in all one of the finest first TV seasons in recent memory for the entire run of 13 eps.

Well done Fox. You've got a winner.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 21 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

#58 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

I see the shortcomings, i do, but i can't help it, i love this show so hard right now that everything in these eps was awesome dipped in awesomesauce with a side of hand-cut frawesomies.

Irving's plotline was silly, Jenny practically an afterthought, but Abby and Iccy just nailed beat after beat for both eps and it was so much fun.

Totally loved the Henry/Jeremy reveal. Nicely done, didn't see it coming.

My favorite new show of 2014 goes out on a high note. I'm so in for next season.

#59 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

:unworthy:Agree it ended on a high note, everything's twisted, didn't see it coming...

Going to have to try and remember next season that "new" characters probably aren't random new people, everyone seems to be intertwined.

It would have been quite acceptable for Death and War both to just have been random, but well done that they were both part of a main character's past. ;)
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#60 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

Well I've only just watched the Golem ep - it just aired in uk.

Cheers for the sudden lack of spoilers there guys.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 06 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users