• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SLEEPY HOLLOW !!!SPOILERS - DISCUSSION THREAD SPOILERS to latest ep SPOI

#101 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:25 PM

View PostTraveller, on 04 December 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

It's like they were so expecting to get cancelled after the first season that they didn't think any further up the road, and now they're just winging it.

This is KIND of what I feel might have happened. But it's hard because I've got the "Sleepy Hollow Writers" on Twitter, and they seem a decent bunch of people with good ideas. I wonder if there was an interim of dead space while they dealt with the Henry/Katrina/Cane story arc in a longwinded way to line it up with the mid-season finale... and it required them to be a little slavish in the first half of the season?

I'm HOPING they come back way stronger in the second half of S2...which comes back promptly on Jan 5th.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 08 December 2014 - 08:26 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#102 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:39 PM

Can you ask them why they put the Kindred out to pasture? The thing rode off after that one episode and then never came back - not even during this closest to the Apocalypse approach of the fall season finale. It could have come in handy!
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#103 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:18 AM

The rumour mill has it that the show is flailing... The writers, producers and network are all at odds, no one has a plan, and the slow but steady ratings slide has everyone up in each other's faces and updating their CVs.
If there's truth to it it's really unfortunate but hardly the first time a genre show couldn't solidify after striking gold its first season. Sad tho.

I'm fairly certain we're supposed to see the Kindred again, likely with Abraham's head fully grown in, but whether that happens this season or later, if there is a later, is anyone's guess.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#104 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

They need to get threir shit together, if that's the case. FOX rarely has hits like this, and they should trust whomever wrote season 1 arcs to continue along those lines.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#105 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:44 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 09 December 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

They need to get threir shit together, if that's the case. FOX rarely has hits like this, and they should trust whomever wrote season 1 arcs to continue along those lines.

Depending on who you believe , Kurtzman and Ocri never thought thru a second season, dumped some notes on a writers room and the result is what we're seeing plus studio interference. But again, this is all rumour.

#106 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:59 PM

I think one of the things that hurt the show for me this season was that they humanized the horseman.

He was pretty badass season 1 as an unstoppable undead killing machine. Season 2 they turned him into a whiney colonial love-struck weenie... KEEP HIS FARKING HEAD OFF FROM NOW ON!!

This has become one of those shows that I still DVR, but do other things and only 1/2 pay attention to while watching. Sad :crybaby:
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#107 User is offline   Whiskey Jim 

• Recruit

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:56 AM

Agreed. The whole end of the world thing has gotten old already. They should close out that story arc and move on. Ichabod learning how to drive was more interesting.

#108 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:02 AM

dear Sleepy Hollow,
Last week's ep... The thing with the angel... The really badly animated angel... Also, bad plot, bad story, bad everything... That was strike two. The winter finale was strike one, btw, if you were wondering.
If tonight's ep isnt brilliant, I am gone like the Horseman's head.

#109 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:40 AM

This season has been piss poor - they definitely cannot have had a season plan...

http://uk.ign.com/ar...s-for-a-renewal

Fighting for renewal and looking like they're changing the formula back to episodic!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#110 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:47 AM

I can't say I'm out if the next ep is bad (though I agree that the last two eps have been particularly bad), I'll stick it out to seasons' end to see if they can right the ship...if not, I'll abandon it too.

'Byss, if you want a replacament...12 fucking MONKEYS. Seriously.

#111 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:06 PM

View Postchamp, on 19 January 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

This season has been piss poor - they definitely cannot have had a season plan...

http://uk.ign.com/ar...s-for-a-renewal

Fighting for renewal and looking like they're changing the formula back to episodic!

I'm not sure that will help.

At this point i'm not sure anything can help from my pov, but it seems like the ratings are still holding steady.

View PostQuickTidal, on 19 January 2015 - 11:47 AM, said:

I can't say I'm out if the next ep is bad (though I agree that the last two eps have been particularly bad), I'll stick it out to seasons' end to see if they can right the ship...if not, I'll abandon it too.

Ordinarily id also stick til season's end, but the last two eps have been eyerollingly bad... i just can't seem to waste time watching crap when there's better crap to be watching.

'Byss, if you want a replacament...12 fucking MONKEYS. Seriously.

Appreciate the suggestion, but i didn't like the source movie, and most tv attempts at time-travel stories just don't work for me (Heroes, The Event, Continuum, Dr Who... Terminator TSCC was a rare exception because they mostly ignored the time travel element).

I see it's getting some good buzz... if it survives the season and ends up on Netflix or elsewhere i may check it out.

#112 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:14 PM

View PostAbyss, on 19 January 2015 - 06:06 PM, said:

Appreciate the suggestion, but i didn't like the source movie, and most tv attempts at time-travel stories just don't work for me (Heroes, The Event, Continuum, Dr Who... Terminator TSCC was a rare exception because they mostly ignored the time travel element).

I see it's getting some good buzz... if it survives the season and ends up on Netflix or elsewhere i may check it out.

For what it's worth:

A. The show is (coincidentally) run by the same woman who headed up TSCC, Natalie Chaidez, and she said she's applying what she learned on TSCC on this show.

B. I know people who flat out HATED the movie...and really, really enjoyed the TV show.

C. Most kinetic opening 5 minutes in recent TV history.

My wife expressed no interest (for example) as she recalled and LOATHED the movie...and after watching the pilot I said she should check it out as it's different and damned good. So I re-watched it with her and the first 5 minutes hooked her and by the end she said she was on board.

Anyways, if you have any holes in your viewing sched, at least check out the pilot.

#113 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:02 AM

I stopped watching a couple of eps before the season break. Or rather, I've had no inclination to put it on again after the ones I'd watched.

This thread hasn't exactly been encouraging, so I guess I'm done with it now.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#114 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostBriar King, on 24 February 2015 - 03:11 AM, said:

As of tonight I have 4 episodes on the dvr. I just don't have the will to watch but don't have the will to erase incase I miss a glorious comeback. Did it get better these past 4 weeks?

Pittura Infamante is a very good episode. Creepy, ties into the old history well and lets Ichabod and Katrina finally work together without being annoying. The one preceding it - Paradise Lost - is middle of the road to eh, but it does have a certain reveal within it that is important.

I haven't seen the last two episodes because I've been traveling/working.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#115 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ½ man, ½ amazing

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:21 PM

ya I stopped watching this a while back, I couldn't even tell you where I left off as it wasn't very interesting or memorable.

Unfortunate...
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users