Malazan Empire: Faces in the Rock (spoilers from other.books) - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Faces in the Rock (spoilers from other.books) please let it be.Karsa! Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

The enigma or mystery is that we persist when it is ultimately futile. May be that it is depressingly clear to some. Our ego demands that we seek immortality in spite of the obvious. To me, Kallor represents that.

#22 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Also, he is a massive dickhead. Relating to that may be a little harder.

#23 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

View PostSiergiej, on 04 October 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Also, he is a massive dickhead. Relating to that may be a little harder.

Hmmm....last time I checked, humans on Earth have almost succeeded in creating another Morn. We are parasites that have reached too far and continue to do so. To me, that is why SE & co are awesome-because they play on our own history; the all-too apparent patterns of aggressive, immoral, and manipulative ideas/actions that commit crimes against all life, including ourselves (paradox!). We are the poison in Krul's veins. The fires of unchecked ambition and ego of Kallor, the martyrdom of Draconus, the pettiness of the Tyrant (s), Envy, Malice, Spite, lol! We love picking at our own wounds and good authors know that. The fantasy part comes into play when the good guys win and the CG is no longer in pain. Happy endings rarely happen.in the real world. So, maybe we can relate to assholes like Kallor, if even from a species/socioeconomic perspective?

This post has been edited by NefaraisBredd: 13 February 2014 - 12:18 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users