Malazan Empire: Faces in the Rock (spoilers from other.books) - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Faces in the Rock (spoilers from other.books) please let it be.Karsa! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

I saw this forum and.I.just had to post! Karsa Orlong is prolly my top 3 favorite characters in the whole series. He is just awesome in so many ways. I wonder, will the trilogy be set after CG? To see Karsa gather his people to.war would be awesome. Kinda set the stage for that with the Teblor army in CG with the Island that Tehol set aside for the Teblor. It makes sense.considering we learned.much about Kardas' youth already....what do others think? I hope he smashes.civilization to bits, lol.

#2 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

The Kharkanas trilogy is coming first, I'm afraid. Forge of Darkness is already out, the second is due reasonably soon - he's not writing as fast as the main series but it's still damn fast - so sadly we all have a few years til the Karsa thrillogy.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

BUT he has confirmed that the TobTrilo takes place after TCG and Karsa's return home forms at least a part of the story.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

Also, I think we are going to have to take a tongue-in-cheek view of what "smash" and "civilization" mean by the time of the trilogy. I wouldn't expect Karsa to just show up with a buunch of Toblakai at the nearest Wal-mart and start knocking shit off the shelves.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#5 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

Also requesting a subforum namechange to 'Toblakai Thrillogy' tia
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#6 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostSpoilsport Stonny, on 30 August 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

I wouldn't expect Karsa to just show up with a buunch of Toblakai at the nearest Wal-mart and start knocking shit off the shelves.

But admit it... you would read the living fucksteaks out of that book.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#7 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostAbyss, on 30 August 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

I wouldn't expect Karsa to just show up with a buunch of Toblakai at the nearest Wal-mart and start knocking shit off the shelves.

Agreed! Also, I gotta say, your signature is pretty much the same for me- exactly how.I discovered the unbeliever series, lol!

#8 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

I happily and whole-heartedly admit that, yes, I would read the living...fucksteaks...out of that book.

It also looks like I have a new favorite word. Finally. Something to replace pusillanimous.

This post has been edited by Spoilsport Stonny: 01 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#9 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:47 AM

View PostSpoilsport Stonny, on 01 September 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

I happily and whole-heartedly admit that, yes, I would read the living...fucksteaks...out of that book.

It also looks like I have a new favorite word. Finally. Something to replace pusillanimous.

pusillanimous:

I learned a new word.today! Thank you! I will endeavor to never be 'contemptably'.timid....That would irritate the fucksteaks outta me.

#10 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Tiny tiny tidbit about the Toblakai trilogy from SE, from the Tor Malazan re-read:

The Redeemer's fate awaits and may be touched on in the Karsa trilogy.

Yep, that's all there is, but still intriguing, no? :)

Full post can be found here, post 47: http://www.tor.com/b...ikson-questions
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#11 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

i was very glad to hear that the redeemer would not be neglected in this trilogy. so much potential there, and you can never go wrong with segda travos. i wonder if he keeps the title seerdomin, or gets a shiny new one.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#12 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

Hmmm, maybe Nimander and his peoples are featured as well? I am happy to see the Redeemer return as well. He was an interesting character that (like many other characters) I wanted to know more about. MD and the Andii of Coral should have a role, if the theme is about the return of primal forces (wildness vs civilisation), as MD represents Erebos (darkness) or maybe even Chaos (the void) as represented in Greek mythology.......Karsa is Bellerophon or Herakles/Gilgamesh fer sure(the struggle between wildness/civilisation)

Kallor reminds me of Cadmus. I sure hope he appears in the TT- he's such an awesome character and he represents them primal forces I've been yammering about.

#13 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

Kallor has some wacky history with the Thel Akai, as seen in RotCG. I hope we see him too. There can never be enough Kallor. I wonder if when SE or ICE write his character how swiftly the pen moves across the page...

#14 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

I disagree. I'm tired of Kallor.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#15 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

I'm sure kallor will manage to feature in some manner, but i doubt he'll be a major player. he was last seen getting out of a crater in jacuruku at the end of BaB. i imagine he might need a while to recover from that, but unless someone finally just saws his head of, he'll probably continue to kick around, occasionally show up, and be a pain in everyone's ass. unless SE has some big moment with real closure lined up for him in this trilogy. if so, all the better i say.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#16 User is offline   Kanese S's 

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

View PostSinisdar Toste, on 25 September 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

I'm sure kallor will manage to feature in some manner, but i doubt he'll be a major player. he was last seen getting out of a crater in jacuruku at the end of BaB. i imagine he might need a while to recover from that, but unless someone finally just saws his head off, he'll probably continue to kick around, occasionally show up, and be a pain in everyone's ass. unless SE has some big moment with real closure lined up for him in this trilogy. if so, all the better i say.

I wouldn't mind more Kallor at all if these two things end up being one and the same.

This post has been edited by Kanese S's: 25 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

#17 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

I don't think SE will ever tire of Kallor. Unlike some members here, I absolutely love reading about him. He is an enigmatic character and SE has spent a lot of time developing him. He is an enigmatic character, good, evil-he's despicable yet I find myself cheering him on because he is so unrelenting/steadfast/determined. Kallor reminds me of Karsa because they both refuse all service (chains) unless it suits them. The 'rage' of Kallor when he fights is as breathtaking as witnessing Karsa, Traveller, and Andarist. Kallor is un-checked ambition and arrogance (hubris) traits that we can all relate to in some small way.

#18 User is offline   Kanese S's 

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

I find him kinda pathetic, actually. I don't really see how he's the least bit enigmatic.

#19 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

Isn't it pathetic how we humans persist in the same patterns of destructive behaviour, time and time again? That is what I am driving at-Kallor is hubris-the enigma that is humankind.

This post has been edited by NefaraisBredd: 25 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

#20 User is offline   Kanese S's 

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

I don't see how that's enigmatic at all. It's all rather depressingly clear.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users