Malazan Empire: NFL: 2013 - 2014 SEASON - Malazan Empire

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NFL: 2013 - 2014 SEASON

Poll: NFL: 2013 - 2014 SEASON (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Which team is your super-early, gut pick to win it all this season?

1. Denver Broncos (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

2. New England Patriots (1 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

3. San Francisco 49ers (1 votes [5.88%])

4. Baltimore Ravens (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Atlanta Falcons (1 votes [5.88%])

6. Seattle Seahawks (2 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

7. Houston Texans (1 votes [5.88%])

8. Green Bay Packers (2 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

9. Other Team(not one of the options) (6 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostGrumble, on 18 December 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

View PostBrujah, on 18 December 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

The Superbowl is played on neutral ground. The Seahawks would probably lose to any AFC team that meets them in the Bowl. I still think it's gonna be Denver or the Chiefs.

Wow !!! What a profoundly dumb statement to make ..... Seahawks this year a FRANCHISE BEST 6-2 on the Road, including the last game a 23-0 SHUTOUT of the Giants played in Metlife stadium the site of Superbowl 48.

To be fair, let's not forget it is the Giants.

Seattle has historically suffered travelling to east coast time zones and playing a 10.00am ( to them ) game.

IF Seattle makes it to the big show this year I have no worries at all on that score.

I will take our No 1 ranked D. our No 2 ranked rush attack, our outstanding special teams, oh and Russell Wilson ( MVP ) over any of your flaky AFC teams.

The main advantage for Seattle is that they have an excellent pass D and will face up against pass-first teams mostly. That will also nicely prep them for taking on Denver. I can't see the Saints win on the road against Seattle, no way the Packers or Bears can, the 49ers have perhaps a 45% chance, the Eagles would need Kelly to design some seriously weird plays to confuse the Seattle D enough to stay unpredictable.

In the AFC, the Pats are vulnerable, Kansas relies overly much on Charles, the Colts are inconsistent but can cause an upset against anyone - once (maybe they're last years Ravens...), and whoever comes from the AFC North is just a roadbump that might cause discomfort more through injuries than through being a legit danger to whom they face, imho. The NFC is overall so much stronger it's frightening. Bronco's seem the likeliest to get to the Superbowl.

When it comes to playing the Bronco's, if Seattle can do what the Chargers (a clearly inferior team to Seattle except perhaps for the quality of passing outlets with Allen, Gates and Woodhead) did to Denver, they'll win. If Thomas, Thomas, Welker and Decker can rotate enough to stay sharp and exhaust the legion of boom enough to get a 2 score lead, I am not certain.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#62 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

Tapper

When it comes to playing the Bronco's, if Seattle can do what the Chargers (a clearly inferior team to Seattle except perhaps for the quality of passing outlets with Allen, Gates and Woodhead) did to Denver, they'll win. If Thomas, Thomas, Welker and Decker can rotate enough to stay sharp and exhaust the legion of boom enough to get a 2 score lead, I am not certain.
[/quote]

Denver will not be in the Superbowl !

However if you wish to test the theory then go back to week 2 of this pre-season, Manning played a complete half for the Bronco's vs Seahawks ..... the score at halftime Seattle 34 Denver 7.
What Would Jack Do ?

#63 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostBriar King, on 22 December 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

WTF Official.....that was the shitest Unness Rough call I've seen and it cost us big time.

Ah, but Graham came and did what Graham does best (3x). If Idris Elba wasn't already my man-crush, Jimmy Graham would have that position.

#64 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostTapper, on 22 December 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 22 December 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

WTF Official.....that was the shitest Unness Rough call I've seen and it cost us big time.

Ah, but Graham came and did what Graham does best (3x). If Idris Elba wasn't already my man-crush, Jimmy Graham would have that position.

That being said, Nortman is punting insanely well for the Panthers. Two starts within single digit yards that I've seen, definately making things a lot harder for NO.

#65 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu......

#66 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

Yeah. I guess the way to beat the Saints is to not have a dome.
Good game by Ingram, though. Wonder what the plan for that guy is, in the off-season. Probably still dump him, with Khiry Robinson in the team now, but even so, this was a good game against a nasty front seven.

This post has been edited by Tapper: 22 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

#67 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:26 AM

Yeah, its good to see them secure a playoff spot.

But watching the Cardinals roost all up in the Seahawks home nest, and prove who the baddest birds on the block were today was almost as good.

And how about them Eagles? Nick Foles is a Man-Boy Beast. I love their whole offense.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#68 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

Yup. Happy with that and the playoffs spot. 49ers vs Chiefs final.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#69 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

The Bears Suck.

that is all
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#70 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

Booyah! Panthers, NFC Champions! Currently second seed, and locked up a bye and at least one homefield game.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

- Maynard James Keenan

#71 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

Seahawks clinch Home Field in the NFC !
What Would Jack Do ?

#72 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:17 AM

The Bears suck...snicker... Cutler should be dropped for the fact that he is 1-9 against the pack. That is disgraceful.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#73 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

Broncos secure top and home field in AFC.... SUCK IT Brady! Now if only Manning can bury the cold weather/poor playoff performance curse!

Calling it right now, Broncos Super Bowl Champions 2014. SUCK IT SEAHAWKS! SUCK IT 49ers!

#74 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

View PostJakovasaurus, on 30 December 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

Broncos secure top and home field in AFC.... SUCK IT Brady! Now if only Manning can bury the cold weather/poor playoff performance curse!

Calling it right now, Broncos Super Bowl Champions 2014. SUCK IT SEAHAWKS! SUCK IT 49ers!

Wow what a brave and prophetic call after the regular season ends !

Now if only Manning can bury the cold weather / piss poor playoff performances .... ;)
What Would Jack Do ?

#75 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:42 AM

Packers and Saints win, setting up a revenge match in Seattle for the Saints while the Packers go show Cam Newton what playoff football is all about.

Packers vs. Seahawks for the NFC Championship. My heart says Packers, but my head says it'll be really hard to beat the Seahawks.

I think the Bengals beat up the Chargers while the Colts spoil KC's magical turnaround. Bengals can't overcome Brady's playoff chops while the Broncos take care of business against the Colts in an emotional moment for Manning...one week before Brady hands him his head on a platter once again!

Patriots Seahawks

Possible outside shot of Bengals Packers.

What I'd LIKE to see is Packers/Broncos or Packers/Patriots so we have 2 of the best QB's in the game as headliners.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#76 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

I'd say the 49ers are probably (and sadly) going to run rough-shod over the Packers. That's one match-up that's been in the 49ers favor the last year.

The Saints @ Eagles game is going to be so much fun. Rob Ryan's been a crazy tinkerer with defensive looks for the Saints, can't wait to see how he'll do against the even madder Kelly schematics. It's going to be a shootout. I hope the Saints (goooooooooooooooooooo Saints) but I am not sure at all.

My guess is Saints @ Seahawks and 49ers @v Panthers, resulting in Seahawks vs 49ers for the NFC.. that might become a snorefest.
The funny scenario would be Eagles and 49ers winning, with the 49ers then playing Seattle... that's the only way I can see Seattle being eliminated, really, but who knows. Beastmode might decide to turn into Cuddlewuddle for a game, and maybe someone can shut down those not super good receivers as well.

Pats vs Bengals in what is probably going to be a tough game for the QBs (because Dalton is Dalton and the Bengals have a good D, although they may be so elated by the one play-off win that they collapse), Chiefs/Colts (toss a coin... it's not going to be pretty) vs Broncos. The likely outcome is then Patriots vs Broncos and... meh, whatever, let's say 55% chance of the Broncos winning.
We'll then get an offensively strong AFC team vs an NFC defense.

I just pity the Cardinals.

#77 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

Saints are kind of shit when they aren't playing at home this year.

Everyone thinking they are going to run roughshod over the Eagles makes me laugh.

I feel like its going to be Eagles and 49ers moving on, leading to Eagles vs Seahawks for the championship with Seahawks winning, as much as I don't think they are the best team in the NFC, home field is big for them.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#78 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:01 AM

Yeah, I have no trouble admitting that the 49rs have had our number recently. Lambeau is going to be electric though, and the weather conditions could set things up so anything can happen. Not to mention, the Packers are again a team that had to fight through some real adversity to get here and now they've got Rodgers back - the real "any given Sunday" reason the Packers can win.

#79 User is offline   Tapper 

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:53 AM

View PostPossibly Brent Weeks, on 30 December 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

Saints are kind of shit when they aren't playing at home this year.

Everyone thinking they are going to run roughshod over the Eagles makes me laugh.

I feel like its going to be Eagles and 49ers moving on, leading to Eagles vs Seahawks for the championship with Seahawks winning, as much as I don't think they are the best team in the NFC, home field is big for them.

I meant shootout as two highly offensive teams going back and forth for the end-zone, not a one-sided affair (which would be a shut-out ;)).

#80 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

View PostShinrei, on 31 December 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

Yeah, I have no trouble admitting that the 49rs have had our number recently. Lambeau is going to be electric though, and the weather conditions could set things up so anything can happen. Not to mention, the Packers are again a team that had to fight through some real adversity to get here and now they've got Rodgers back - the real "any given Sunday" reason the Packers can win.

Packers are shit. I'm just being honest. Even with Rodgers, their defense is too HORRIBLE. They won't win any shootouts. I see them as the very last team of all playoff teams, with the maybe exception of Chargers. They might get lucky and beat the Niners, but they'd get embaressed by Seattle or Denver and don't belong in the same class as the top tier teams.

But you're right about the whole 'Any given Sunday' thing. They could get lucky a few times I guess. But thats all it would be. Luck. I have no respect for them.

I think defense wins championships, so Seattle has a good shot, but I think Peyton Manning is just too much for anyone. He's the difference maker.

Although I'm calling a Bengals upset over Broncos, and Eagles winning it all out of nowhere.

This post has been edited by Brujah: 01 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

- Maynard James Keenan

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users