Malazan Empire: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Malazan Empire

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »

Game of Thrones Season 4 ALL TV AND BOOK SPOILERS (through ADWD) Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

This is brilliant.

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#82 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:17 AM

Yah I'm rewatching S03 this weekend, three eps to go tonight.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#83 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

This time I noticed that Lame Lothar did indeed limp in his scenes, and there's also a big fat Manderly son present at the Red Wedding (actually he's not that fat though). I wonder if Wyman will appear in S4.

#84 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

He's made little appearances here and there from the first book on, but for the show this season it all depends on what they get through with Davos. They are going to have to invent a lot of the off-screen stuff for the Stannis/Mel/Davos journey anyway.

#85 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:06 AM

Great season opener, and I love that HBO knows their audience well enough to end on a long Arya and the Hound sequence...which was the best sequence in the whole ep. Second best sequence goes to Oberyn Martell facing off against the Lannister men in the brothel.

Gods, I love this show.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#86 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:14 AM

The setup with Shae answers a few questions.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#87 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:05 AM

Arya had pretty much a perfect closing. Great ep.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#88 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:37 AM

Yah, awesome episode all told. New Daario ain't so pretty though eh? Knew I recognized him, and it's that dork from Treme. Perhaps a good pick, since -- like Daario -- he's annoying on sight and even more-so when you get to know him.

#89 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

Excellent episode. I was worried they were going to cut Arya's scene getting needle back. I should have known better. :)

#90 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

Yep, next week is the GRRM-written ep THE LION AND THE ROSE...so Purple Wedding methinks.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#91 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:47 AM

I liked the old Daario better than this one upon first impressions. Skrein had a certain magnetism about him that's much more apparent than this new guy. I'm not sure what the deal was with the switch-out, but it's not super critical.

I think Coster-Waldau has improved his acting chops considerably from start of GoT to now. He's making a small tiff with Lena Headey very fun to watch.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#92 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:16 AM

I'm fairly curious how they're gonna pull off the Tyrion/Shae thing this season, since the TV versions are more concretely in love than the ever-ambiguous books. It'll make the trial testimony and then the finale in the bedroom that much uglier, perhaps, but I'm just not sure how they can get from Point A to Point B.

#93 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:07 AM

View Postworry, on 08 April 2014 - 03:16 AM, said:

I'm fairly curious how they're gonna pull off the Tyrion/Shae thing this season, since the TV versions are more concretely in love than the ever-ambiguous books. It'll make the trial testimony and then the finale in the bedroom that much uglier, perhaps, but I'm just not sure how they can get from Point A to Point B.

Seems fairly simple to me. They lay the groundwork with the whole 'Shae wants to shag he's guiltridden over his wife Sansa', compounding when the Maester tried to bribe her away last season, which Tyrion utterly failed to pick up on.
Throw in Cersei now being onto them and it's pretty much guaranteed she'll end up where she has to be for certain events to follow at the trial and later.

#94 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:58 AM

I don't think she instantly changes, BK, she just clearly thinks Tyrion is the one who got Varys to offer her those diamonds in the S3 finale. And while Tyrion denies it, in all other ways he seems to act like he agrees with Varys (for different reasons, namely Shae's safety which is a genuine concern, though she rightly finds his position patronizing and more than a little faithless). As much as he thinks he's different from the other nobles, Tyrion's gonna wind up choosing duty over love. I definitely see how Tyrion and Shae fall apart, I'm just curious how they're gonna make it venomous in the way required. The books made it easy with a much daffier opportunistic Shae, and a slightly more Lannister-y Tyrion, so I'm just curious how it's all gonna play out. As far as the show goes, it's like a whole different road to the (presumably) same destination. I did forget about that moment with Cersei's spy though, so good thinking on that. It's gonna happen fast.

#95 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

View PostTapper, on 20 March 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

Curious - GRRM might not have gotten the memo about the series being 7-8 years (not to mention, requesting the budget for a movie, which would probably involve contract re-negotiations)?

http://www.theguardi...artin-franchise

What now? Please don't give him a film to be involved with, it'll just be yet another thing that delays the books... Posted Image
- Wyrd biđ ful aræd -

#96 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:13 AM

I'm considering holding with this season until I can get the gf to watch seasons 1-3 (she's not read the books). Then again, I have read the books so it'd be like re-watching anyway, think I'll watch this today.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#97 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

Briar King said:

1396929799[/url]' post='1118422']

worry said:

1396926977[/url]' post='1118409']

What kinda gets me since we just re watched S3 is her seeming to have instantly changed in the span of a few days. She was quite happy when she saw no blood in S3 and now the claws are out.

Have you ever met a woman?

FYI, I thought the casting for Oberyn was pretty damn perfect.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#98 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

View Postworry, on 08 April 2014 - 04:58 AM, said:

I don't think she instantly changes, BK, she just clearly thinks Tyrion is the one who got Varys to offer her those diamonds in the S3 finale.

Agreed. Shae even nebulously mentions it after the Varys scene in S3 "If HE thinks he's going to get rid of me that easily..." or some such. I see it as a sect of the manic way she can be during their sex games, she goes from sexy and sweet, to nasty and dominating in seconds flat...I don't think that's the act Tyrion does...I think the scene in Ep 1 of S4 is a flipping of that manic switch in her, just with another catalyst.

#99 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 08 April 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

...FYI, I thought the casting for Oberyn was pretty damn perfect.

For some reason in my head i was expecting him to be bigger... more physically buff.

Works this way tho'. The smaller/wirier thing is going to make The Fight that much more awesome.

#100 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:24 PM

Yeah, he's called the Viper after all. Quick 'n poisonous.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users