Malazan Empire: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Malazan Empire

• 21 Pages +
  • Last »

Game of Thrones Season 4 ALL TV AND BOOK SPOILERS (through ADWD) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:WWQBD?
  • WoT Fangirl, Rank Traitor

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

Since casting for season 4 is going down I figured it was a good time for a new thread. Ser Alliser Thorne is back:

http://winteriscomin...g-for-season-4/

Same actor. Also, Michelle Fairley is back which means we'll get Lady Stoneheart:

http://www.acting-au...s-season-4.html

There will be at least three new main roles being cast for season four. Oberyn Martell is an influential member of the Martell family. Mace Tyrell is the father of Loras and Margaery Tyrell. The great warrior Magnar of Thenn rounds out the first three new announced characters.

Among the talent returning for season four is Screen Actors Guild Awards nominee Emilia Clarke in the immensly popular role of Daenerys Targaryen. Four-time Saturn Award nominee Lena Headey is back as the beautiful yet greedy, cruel and manipulative Cersei Lannister. Golden Globe Award nominee Peter Dinklage continues his role as the intelligent and wity outcast Tyrion Lannister. Young Artist Awards nominee Maisie Williams returns as the wild and carefree Arya Stark. Irish Film and Television Awards nominee Michelle Fairley moves forward with her role as Catelyn Stark. English actress Natalie Dormer is back as Margaery Tyrell.

The President (2012) said:

Please proceed, Governor.

Chris Christie (2016) said:

There it is.

Elizabeth Warren (2020) said:

And no, I’m not talking about Donald Trump. I’m talking about Mayor Bloomberg.

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostTerez, on 24 June 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

... Young Artist Awards nominee Maisie Williams returns as the wild and carefree Arya Stark....

Sometimes i wonder why they let people who haven't seen the show near the promo work...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

lol 'wild and carefree' seriously????

also, total spoilers for non-book readers announcing that fairley is back. way to go hbo.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

#4 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

Not necessarily. You could have flashback scenes, or Bran dreams...she was in one of Bran's dreams in early season 3, for example.

There it is.

#5 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

Yep.

Kind of like Ned's head.

#6 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

Lysa Arryn, Janos Slynt, and Rorge will be returning actors:

http://winteriscomin...-return-for-s4/

There it is.

#7 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

That is all so awesome, I am really relieved by all this news. Now I'm mostly wondering who will play the Mountain, and if Arya will get her shot at Polliver somehow (he still has her sword).
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#8 User is offline   Agraba 

• Emperor

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

I really hope they get season 1 Gregor, and not S2. He stars in my favourite scene in the series, so I really want it to be the right one.

I would also say that I hope they put Strong Belwas into the show, but I know for a fact that they already can't do my favourite scene with him (fighting the champion of Mereen at their front gate). If they do put him in, it would have to be as a gladiator from the pits.

I wonder who will be Oberyn. I'm thinking Peter Mensah would be a great choice. Though the problem might be that he's too big, and might be too close to Gregor's size, and there should be a very notable difference in size between the two characters.

#9 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

Well Oberyn and the other Dornish are closer to Mediterranean peoples than Peter Mensah would be. If they ever cast another Summer Islands character (from the book or not) he'd be a great addition.

#10 User is offline   Agraba 

• Emperor

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

View Postworry, on 26 June 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

Well Oberyn and the other Dornish are closer to Mediterranean peoples than Peter Mensah would be. If they ever cast another Summer Islands character (from the book or not) he'd be a great addition.

Oh, well, for some reason I thought Oberyn was black. I thought I got that impression from a description. Now I don't know why I thought that....

This post has been edited by Agraba: 28 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

#11 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

Not to impose on Terez, but there's more casting news: http://insidetv.ew.c...d-viper-oberyn/

#12 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

And an interview with the producers:

http://www.deadline....-and-d-b-weiss/

There it is.

#13 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

I really hope they get season 1 Gregor, and not S2. He stars in my favourite scene in the series, so I really want it to be the right one.

On his website Conan Stevens has said he has not been asked back, and with filming due to start imminently, that's probably an indication he won't be.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#14 User is offline   Terez 

• High Analyst of TQB

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Who is she?

http://hbowatch.com/...ame-of-thrones/

There it is.

#15 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

Neil Marshall, who directed Blackwater in Season 2, is back to direct the Season 4 finale.

The final episode of Season 4 will feature the Battle of the Wall, which is an interesting choice. Episode 9, the traditional "Woah!" episode, will probably focus on Tyrion's escape and Tywin's fate. Episode 10 I can imagine focusing almost exclusively on Jon, Mance, Stannis and the battle. This will send Season 4 out on a big high rather than the traditional reflective, slow episode.

However, this does leave the fate of Jon's 'Lord Commander election' subplot up in the air. The election storyline unfolds over multiple Jon and Sam chapters after the battle before ASoS ends. This leaves two possibilities:

1) Jon is elected LC before the battle. This may be more likely, with nine episodes to fill before the battle takes place. We know that Alliser Thorne and Janos Slynt are returning. However, without Stannis's 'approval' it may be less plausible that Jon is elected. Stannis showing up at the Wall before the battle would be lame, IMO, and remove one of the best scenes in the books to date.

2) The story unfolds as it does in the books, but the election storyline is held back to the first 1-2 episodes of Season 5. Whilst possible, it seems to me to be unwise to be devoting chunks of your FIFTH season (out of eight in total) to the third book in the series. It also makes it much less likely they are going to get through AFFC/ADWD in Season 5 (which is essential, IMO, for both pacing and to leave them three seasons to cover the probably-gigantic final two books) if Sam's not leaving for Braavos until Episode 3 or 4 (as he won't go until after the election).

This post has been edited by Werthead: 05 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#16 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

View PostWerthead, on 05 July 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Neil Marshall, who directed Blackwater in Season 2, is back to direct the Season 4 finale.

The final episode of Season 4 will feature the Battle of the Wall, which is an interesting choice. Episode 9, the traditional "Woah!" episode, will probably focus on Tyrion's escape and Tywin's fate. Episode 10 I can imagine focusing almost exclusively on Jon, Mance, Stannis and the battle. This will send Season 4 out on a big high rather than the traditional reflective, slow episode.

However, this does leave the fate of Jon's 'Lord Commander election' subplot up in the air. The election storyline unfolds over multiple Jon and Sam chapters after the battle before ASoS ends. This leaves two possibilities:

1) Jon is elected LC before the battle. This may be more likely, with nine episodes to fill before the battle takes place. We know that Alliser Thorne and Janos Slynt are returning. However, without Stannis's 'approval' it may be less plausible that Jon is elected. Stannis showing up at the Wall before the battle would be lame, IMO, and remove one of the best scenes in the books to date.

2) The story unfolds as it does in the books, but the election storyline is held back to the first 1-2 episodes of Season 5. Whilst possible, it seems to me to be unwise to be devoting chunks of your FIFTH season (out of eight in total) to the third book in the series. It also makes it much less likely they are going to get through AFFC/ADWD in Season 5 (which is essential, IMO, for both pacing and to leave them three seasons to cover the probably-gigantic final two books) if Sam's not leaving for Braavos until Episode 3 or 4 (as he won't go until after the election).

I think they'll introduce and build the subplot of the Wall needing a new Lord Commander throughout season 4, with shenanigans from Thorne, etc, probably while also having Jon be imprisoned/suspected/interrogated/etc and him trying to warn them of the impending Wildling attack, have the big battle in the last episode and then end the season with Jon being elected/proclaimed the new Lord Commander.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#17 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

They could cut the entire election storyline down to one ep easily enough, or skip it entirely and just have Jon act heroically during the attack and acclaim him as commander at the end of the season.

#18 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostAbyss, on 05 July 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

They could cut the entire election storyline down to one ep easily enough, or skip it entirely and just have Jon act heroically during the attack and acclaim him as commander at the end of the season.

They need him to actually do something during the first 9 episodes of the season, though. He's already at castle black again, and many Wildlings are already on the south side of the Wall. They can't just leave that whole subplot in suspended animation and return to it only in episode 10. So I think they'll go for mucho personal conflicts of distrust and politicking as a build-up to him becoming Lord Commander immediately after the battle.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#19 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Not too hard to figure out. Throw Jon in a cell for eps 1-4 and accuse him of conspiring with the Wildlings. Have Sam bust him loose in 6 just in time to stop Ygritte's group from infiltrating Castle Black in 7. Cue the attack in 8, Jon fights his ass off in 9, gets acclaimed leader at the end of 10 with much sword waving and cheering along the lines of Robb being acclaimed at the end of S1. Done and done.

#20 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

Well, in that interview (Post #12) they say they're aiming at 80 hours to tell the whole story, so I think that's the plan. I don't see HBO canceling the show anytime soon, so it seems likely.

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users