Malazan Empire: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Malazan Empire

• 21 Pages +
  • Last »

Game of Thrones Season 4 ALL TV AND BOOK SPOILERS (through ADWD) Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#42 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

View PostBriar King, on 13 January 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

Holy shit I can't wait to see Obryen fight Gregor! I loved that glance at the fight.

I am VERY curious so see how close to the books they make that fight.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#43 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

I for one am stoked (and not surprised, given all the crazy plot points around the bend) to hear that the action will be more evenly spread across the season and that they're shifting from the whole "8 episodes of build up and one WTF episode" formula. Not that I minded that in previous seasons. I just think for book readers especially, this will be a fantastic season, since every episode has the potential to keep us on the edge of our seats, in contrast to previous seasons when we were on the edge of our seats waiting for Ned, Blackwater, and Red Wedding.

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#44 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

But who is going to pay for my HBO subscription?
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#45 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

View PostHiddenOne, on 10 February 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

But who is going to pay for my HBO subscription?

Yo!
http://www.avclub.co...hbo-go-p-107042
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#46 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

I think they have done a really good job with casting so far. I am happy with Obryen and I hope the fight scene is amazing.

#47 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

View PostStormcat, on 10 February 2014 - 08:07 PM, said:

I think they have done a really good job with casting so far. I am happy with Obryen and I hope the fight scene is amazing.

Posted Image

plus

Posted Image

#48 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

View PostCeda Cicero, on 10 February 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:

I for one am stoked (and not surprised, given all the crazy plot points around the bend) to hear that the action will be more evenly spread across the season and that they're shifting from the whole "8 episodes of build up and one WTF episode" formula. Not that I minded that in previous seasons. I just think for book readers especially, this will be a fantastic season, since every episode has the potential to keep us on the edge of our seats, in contrast to previous seasons when we were on the edge of our seats waiting for Ned, Blackwater, and Red Wedding.

Isn't the battle at the Wall still planned to be the big finale?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#49 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

Just gonna put this here... Its how I feel about all the Facebook chatter right now.. NSFW

https://www.youtube....h?v=1CLCOvZOh1o

This post has been edited by Stormcat: 10 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

#50 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:59 AM

Isn't the battle at the Wall still planned to be the big finale?

Yes, but:

(SPOILERS from the third book)

Spoiler

Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#51 User is offline   Ceda Cicero 

• Ceda of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

Aside from the crucial plot point that ends the royal wedding, I'm really looking forward to seeing the sheer scale of it based on the glimpses in the preview and comments from actors. One of my biggest disappointments in season 1 was how puny the Hand's Tourney seemed. It looks like they really pulled out all the stops for this, by contrast.

View PostIlluyankas, on 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

How do you rape a cave? Do you ask, "You want to fuck, yes?" hear the echo come back, "Yes... es... es..." and get your barnacle-gouged groove on?

#52 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

View PostCeda Cicero, on 12 February 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Aside from the crucial plot point that ends the royal wedding, I'm really looking forward to seeing the sheer scale of it based on the glimpses in the preview and comments from actors. One of my biggest disappointments in season 1 was how puny the Hand's Tourney seemed. It looks like they really pulled out all the stops for this, by contrast.

Agreed - it looks like it's going to be truly awesome!!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#53 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

Looks like it's gonna be frikkin awesome sauce!!!

Spoiler

#54 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

Yes I think that is him.

#55 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

;) My hero! :p

#56 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:06 AM

I'm not sure if they've broken down the specifics yet, but I do think they've said that 8 seasons total is the aim regardless, so I'm thinking roughly 2 seasons to combine both books.

#57 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

2 seasons for AFFC/ADWD is unlikely. That would mean badly rushing the final two books (expected to be huge) to fit into two seasons and there is insufficient material in AFFC/ADWD to fill two seasons satisfyingly without sacrifcing the show's pacing.

In addition, there is a growing feeling that we might only get seven seasons. All of the recent comments by directors and actors have said seven, and the producers have not said eight for some time now.

How the breakdown is expected to go for eight seasons:

Spoiler

In the event of only seven seasons, most of TWoW and all of ADoS would have to fit in one season each, which is going to be tough by itself.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#58 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

7 seasons is a tight fit, but I was being fairly basic in terms of the fluidity....I think AFFC/ADWD will start here in Season 4 (MINI-SPOILER: the trailer shows Bran possibly meeting his friend the tree, for instance) and possibly stretch into Season 6. Not strictly Seasons 5 and 6, more like partial seasons that bleed into each other both before and after.

#59 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:56 AM

I really wasn't impressed with the last season but the trailers so far look pretty interesting - and I think I definitely want to see how they handle the main events of this season. Pleased to hear they're dropping the season build up format too, hopefully it will pick up a little for that. Most of my disappointment was that I didn't like the Red Wedding though.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#60 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

Neither did some of the guests.

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users