• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 103 - Codex Alera Game Thread

#261 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

It is Day 1. 44 minutes remaining.

Players alive: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

12 votes to lynch, 11 votes to go to night

11 votes for Fener (Liosan, Korbas, Okaros, Alkend, Trake, Gait, Hood’s Path, Pran Chole, Emurlahn, Ultama, Demelain)
1 vote for Trake (Fener)
1 vote for Ryllandaras (Nimander Golit)

Players not voted: Barghast, Demelain, Galain, Kedeviss, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Venesara 
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#262 User is offline   Galain 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostEmurlahn, on 26 June 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

FWIW, if I had to guess a faction for Fener, I'd say First Aleran. He has the ability to fight the infestation, and FA seems to be dedicated to getting rid of the Vord. If he's FA, the main reason to not lynch him is to have him fight the infestation. He says he started on Aquatine and is moving to Ceres. That's a move of 2, which seems reasonable given that we don't know much about movement abilities (other than that Loyalists have higher movement than Rebels, according to the setup).

if this is correct we are shooting everybody in the foot except Vord

#263 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

Well duh.

#264 User is offline   Galain 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

View PostFener, on 26 June 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

Well duh.

would you like a hammer sammich smarty-pants?

#265 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

A round of bacon sandwiches is in order I think - as well as some sausages and black pudding. I'm getting roasted so may as well enjoy the fruits of it.

View PostTrake, on 26 June 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

View PostFener, on 26 June 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

I wouldn't worry, most of it is posts saying Vote Fener

Image spoilered because size.

Okay, double round of bacon and a side of gammon.

#266 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:09 PM

Well, Fener doesn't look like he's going to spill anything else (not that he hasn't already been super informative), but I dont know what to say, and neither does anyone else it seems.

Galain, shall you or I? Waiting another 30 minutes seems pointless....

#267 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

There's 7 anons reading atm, I'd be interested in the other 4s thuoghts on the situation before the hammer if you don't mind? I'll self hammer at t-2 unless someone has a persuasive reason that could even be worth bothering with. I'm out the game, face it, take what knowledge you can and move on. I have other abilities too you know...

#268 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

By which I do not mean another alt, I hasten to add.

#269 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

View PostFener, on 26 June 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

There's 7 anons reading atm, I'd be interested in the other 4s thuoghts on the situation before the hammer if you don't mind? I'll self hammer at t-2 unless someone has a persuasive reason that could even be worth bothering with. I'm out the game, face it, take what knowledge you can and move on. I have other abilities too you know...

Good point! Didn't mean to rush, just didn't consider the fact there ARE a lot of other ppl present...

#270 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

9 now, speak up people.

#271 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

View PostFener, on 26 June 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

By which I do not mean another alt, I hasten to add.

huh? did you just say you have multiple alts? :p

#272 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

No, I hastened to add I do not have other alts. Listen up. As I said, every word true.

#273 User is offline   Pran Chole 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

All the fury abilities are similar. The OP is very clear about that. So you're claiming Fury wielder, that means you're probably high level faction. I have no way of knowing what faction you are but its day 1, I'll take the risk that you're not in mine. Unless you broke ground with some crazy non-fury related ability I see no reason why a derail could possibly be a good thing at this point.

#274 User is offline   Ultama 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

View PostEmurlahn, on 26 June 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

View PostGalain, on 26 June 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

How has such a train built when there should be little confidence on the part of the general populace regarding Fener's alignment?

The way I see it, it's a faction game. There is some murmuring that the Vord should be the first target, as is common for suspected cult factions, since they tend to be unstoppable late game. We don't know what Faction Fener is in. But it's still a faction game. The usual rule in faction games is, "Well, he ain't my leader, so I'll vote."

Poor form to build a case out of basically stated book knowledge, but that's how it goes in Malazan Mafia.

Isn't the usual day one faction rule "well he probably ain't on my team, so I'll vote"?

FWIW, if I had to guess a faction for Fener, I'd say First Aleran. He has the ability to fight the infestation, and FA seems to be dedicated to getting rid of the Vord. If he's FA, the main reason to not lynch him is to have him fight the infestation. He says he started on Aquatine and is moving to Ceres. That's a move of 2, which seems reasonable given that we don't know much about movement abilities (other than that Loyalists have higher movement than Rebels, according to the setup).

You're not Aleran and you have no problem voting Aleran.

View PostEmurlahn, on 26 June 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Oh I see. The Emurlahn alt is one-hour off of my time. DST time correction is so broken on these forums.

"The Emurlahn alt" is a rather strange wording. I've had that happen to me before and said, "oh this alt is different time zone than my forum name" or similar. "The Emurlahn alt" almost implies that there is a non-Emurlahn alt that isn't your forum name.

Now I'm really curious to know if those 2 extra alts count when the votes are tallied.

#275 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

View PostPran Chole, on 26 June 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

All the fury abilities are similar. The OP is very clear about that. So you're claiming Fury wielder, that means you're probably high level faction. I have no way of knowing what faction you are but its day 1, I'll take the risk that you're not in mine. Unless you broke ground with some crazy non-fury related ability I see no reason why a derail could possibly be a good thing at this point.

Because I survive a day, which is good for me and my faction VCs and good for most players.

#276 User is offline   Trake 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

The OP was rather clear. Which is interesting: fire abilities didn't seem to work like that from what little I know of them.
Edit: fixing spelling

This post has been edited by Trake: 26 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

#277 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

It is Day 1. 19 minutes remaining.

Players alive: Alkend, Barghast, Demelain, Emurlahn, Fener, Gait, Galain, Hood's Path, Kedeviss, Korbas, Liosan, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Nimander Golit, Okaros, Pran Chole, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Trake, Ultama, Venesara

12 votes to lynch, 11 votes to go to night

11 votes for Fener (Liosan, Korbas, Okaros, Alkend, Trake, Gait, Hood’s Path, Pran Chole, Emurlahn, Ultama, Demelain)
1 vote for Trake (Fener)
1 vote for Ryllandaras (Nimander Golit)

Players not voted: Barghast, Demelain, Galain, Kedeviss, Mockra, Monok Ochem, Ryllandaras, Sheltatha Lore, Tellan, Venesara  
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#278 User is offline   Emurlahn 

• Recruit

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

View PostUltama, on 26 June 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

View PostEmurlahn, on 26 June 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

View PostGalain, on 26 June 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

How has such a train built when there should be little confidence on the part of the general populace regarding Fener's alignment?

The way I see it, it's a faction game. There is some murmuring that the Vord should be the first target, as is common for suspected cult factions, since they tend to be unstoppable late game. We don't know what Faction Fener is in. But it's still a faction game. The usual rule in faction games is, "Well, he ain't my leader, so I'll vote."

Poor form to build a case out of basically stated book knowledge, but that's how it goes in Malazan Mafia.

Isn't the usual day one faction rule "well he probably ain't on my team, so I'll vote"?

You're not Aleran and you have no problem voting Aleran.

View PostEmurlahn, on 26 June 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Oh I see. The Emurlahn alt is one-hour off of my time. DST time correction is so broken on these forums.

"The Emurlahn alt" is a rather strange wording. I've had that happen to me before and said, "oh this alt is different time zone than my forum name" or similar. "The Emurlahn alt" almost implies that there is a non-Emurlahn alt that isn't your forum name.

Now I'm really curious to know if those 2 extra alts count when the votes are tallied.

Saying "The Emurlahn Alt" does sound weird, especially considering all of the talk about alts, but it sounded less weird than when I tried to say it as, "Oh my time is one-hour off of my time." It was put for emphasis on time zone differential.

#279 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

I can use a Fire Fury like anyone else, and have an ability that burns croach that I can use instead of a Fury ability.

It's listed in the OP under

Abilities:

This list will contain any additional abilities your character has. These abilities work like abilities in any other game. You may either use Attack, or one of your abilities, but not both, during the Dawn Phase, unless told otherwise.

#280 User is offline   Pran Chole 

• Recruit

View PostTrake, on 26 June 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

The OP was rather clear. Which is interesting: fire abilities didn't seem to work like that from what little I know of them.
Edit: fixing spelling

Yeah, it looked to me like fire is very good for attacking people who aren't fury wielders but almost useless against those who are. I have 0 book knowledge though so if they work differently therein you'll have to specify how.

Share this topic:

• 184 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

53 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 53 guests, 0 anonymous users