• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

#241 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

Channel 4 has confirmed that Agents of SHIELD is returning in the UK on Friday 21 February, so hopefully in the same timeslot.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#242 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

Blend, on 06 February 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

QuickTidal, on 06 February 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Jakovasaurus, on 06 February 2014 - 06:25 AM, said:

You know what? I'm with Gregg on this one. Joss and Jed asked folk to have patience with the slow boil narrative, and there have been lots of dissenters...and online a LOT of those dissenters are assholes about their opinion. Gregg is just expressing exasperation with those he feels are being outwardly dickish about their dislike of how the show is going. Gregg is probably very proud about his involvement with the show is all. I can't fault him for expressing a real opinion in that regard. It kind of makes me like him more cause he's not afraid to hit back at those who have been virulently hateful towards the show.

I can't help but agree - being in his place, I'd probably say pretty much the same thing. People are being assholes about it, plain and simple. It's the show's first season, the actors are just starting to get to know each other and gel and create actual chemistry together on screen, and the team is finally starting to feel like a real team.

Indeed Agree.

I feel like in this day and age online armchair pundits get to be as nasty as they like about entertainment, and Actors and Crew just have to suffer with a smile...well no, I don't think they should have to. They are human too.

And I agree that the team is REALLY beginning to gel...on the last ep you really felt like you cared about everyone's respective plights evenly.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#243 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

QuickTidal, on 06 February 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

Blend, on 06 February 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

QuickTidal, on 06 February 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Jakovasaurus, on 06 February 2014 - 06:25 AM, said:

You know what? I'm with Gregg on this one. Joss and Jed asked folk to have patience with the slow boil narrative, and there have been lots of dissenters...and online a LOT of those dissenters are assholes about their opinion. Gregg is just expressing exasperation with those he feels are being outwardly dickish about their dislike of how the show is going. Gregg is probably very proud about his involvement with the show is all. I can't fault him for expressing a real opinion in that regard. It kind of makes me like him more cause he's not afraid to hit back at those who have been virulently hateful towards the show.

I can't help but agree - being in his place, I'd probably say pretty much the same thing. People are being assholes about it, plain and simple. It's the show's first season, the actors are just starting to get to know each other and gel and create actual chemistry together on screen, and the team is finally starting to feel like a real team.

Indeed Agree.

I feel like in this day and age online armchair pundits get to be as nasty as they like about entertainment, and Actors and Crew just have to suffer with a smile...well no, I don't think they should have to. They are human too.

And I agree that the team is REALLY beginning to gel...on the last ep you really felt like you cared about everyone's respective plights evenly.

And that they were all genuinely worried about the other members of their team. Like, May was very 2 dimensional to me up until the last episode, and the whole May and Ward relationship thing didn't feel real until this past episode, and Fitz and Simmons are starting to be real people instead of Smart Scientist # 1 and Smart Scientist # 2. Even Coulson is starting to stretch out of his monotone, one expression-face mould.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#244 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

Blend, on 06 February 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

And that they were all genuinely worried about the other members of their team. Like, May was very 2 dimensional to me up until the last episode, and the whole May and Ward relationship thing didn't feel real until this past episode, and Fitz and Simmons are starting to be real people instead of Smart Scientist # 1 and Smart Scientist # 2. Even Coulson is starting to stretch out of his monotone, one expression-face mould.

Right. Like any other team we need time with them as much as they need time with one another.

I think the most illustrated this was in that ep (other than the Coulson & Skye scene...which I totally felt) was simply in Wade and Coulson trying to use the hologram table...we know Fitz and Simmons well enough to make Wade fucking it up all the funnier. We can only do that because of the grounding we now have in Fitz. I also like that Fitz is pushing his own boundaries to be "hands on" and not just another techie.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#245 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

Werthead, on 06 February 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

Channel 4 has confirmed that Agents of SHIELD is returning in the UK on Friday 21 February, so hopefully in the same timeslot.

Oh good, thanks for the heads up :p

#246 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

Note: A few shows are hiatus-ing around the Olympics....so SHIELD is apparently not back now till March 9th.

But I can at least understand it since everyone is Olympics-watching.

#247 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

Anyone else aware that Chloe Bennet (Skye) also used to be a pop star in China under the name Chloe Wang (probably her real last name as her dad is Chinese)? Not a bad couple of tracks she released too, if overly sugary pop.

Either way, she's multilingual and I now like her even more than I already did previously.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 28 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

#248 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:49 AM

Channel 4 changed their mind due to some other events coming up (like, er, a dog show) and decided to move it back to 14 March. On the plus side, that should allow them to air the rest of the season without interruption.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#249 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

The most recent ep was amazing. Great stuff all throughout, not the least of which was Bill fucking Paxton! Solid action and intrigue, and a T.A.H.I.T.I. reveal that was nothing short of something you might see in a fucked up Anime...Coulson was SO freaked out by it!

Also:

Spoiler

#250 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

Totally fun!

Glad Skye is awake again!

And Sif was excellent.

I kind of think the person Ward actually loves...is going to surprise people...as I dunno if it's going to be Skye....maybe it's Simmons?

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 13 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

#251 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

such a great episode just wow. Was great. So is lorelei an actual norse god or just another marvel character?

#252 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

BalrogLord, on 13 March 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

So is lorelei an actual norse god or just another marvel character?

She is a Marvel Character. She often works with Loki actually.

In fact, my guess is that it was Loki (still disguised as Odin) who sent Sif to bring Lorelei back "alive".

#253 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

QuickTidal, on 13 March 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

Totally fun!

And Sif was excellent.

I kind of think the person Ward actually loves...is going to surprise people...as I dunno if it's going to be Skye....maybe it's Simmons?

He's gonna turn out to be gay. You heard it here first.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#254 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

Blend, on 17 March 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

QuickTidal, on 13 March 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

Totally fun!

And Sif was excellent.

He's gonna turn out to be gay. You heard it here first.

i can see him as having a paternal type of love for his crew but definetly not romantic

#255 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

BalrogLord, on 13 March 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

such a great episode just wow. Was great. So is lorelei an actual norse god or just another marvel character?

Marvel character, but i think she's meant to be the one usually called the Enchantress.

'Lorelei' in the comics is either a Morlock, a Savage Land Mutate or a stripper. The name has a history.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#256 User is offline   Enaglio 

• Fist
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:Tattooing, Painting, Reading, Olde English Bulldogges

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

Lorelei is the Enchantress' sister. She played a big part in Walt Simonson's 1980's run on Thor. Specifically the arc with Maleketh and the Dark Elves; leading into the Surtur arc.

#257 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:26 PM

Enaglio, on 17 March 2014 - 06:28 PM, said:

Lorelei is the Enchantress' sister. She played a big part in Walt Simonson's 1980's run on Thor. Specifically the arc with Maleketh and the Dark Elves; leading into the Surtur arc.

I stand corrected - I read that run a couple of years ago but utterly forgot she played any part in it.
So yeah, she's a comic character (who happens to share a name with four other Marvel characters).
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#258 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:08 AM

Pretty cool "Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe" info dump episode on what's in the pipeline tonight instead of a regular episode of S.H.I.E.L.D. It's probably pulled right off a future "extras" from a dvd/blu-ray. It was pretty exciting though to see more details on what's coming up and how it's all tying together. To be honest, I rather enjoyed it. More then I probably would have enjoyed a new episode of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Back to S.H.E.L.D next week. Yet another rerun (no surprise there). Then a new episode April 1st (whoop-deee dooo).

#259 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

It's back on in the UK finally! We have series record on & we're looking forward to it!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#260 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

Last episode we had here (which I just watched) was the train journey/multi POV episode. Outstanding episode! How many episodes are we behind in the UK now?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

23 User(s) are reading this topic