• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

#121 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

where did this go on UK television? We were watching it on Channel 4 on demand but it disappeared last week? :)

#122 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostMalaclypse, on 08 November 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

where did this go on UK television? We were watching it on Channel 4 on demand but it disappeared last week? :)

Same thing everywhere, they skipped a week....either for November Sweeps, or due to some sporting thing. Either way, it was back this week.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#123 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

fucking American cultural peculiarities which the rest of the world must suffer for no discernible reason - that is fucking ignorant.

#124 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

this is one of the many reasons why a large percentage of non-Americans feel victimized by the American 'brand' if you like - the producers don't want to risk Americans being occupied with some not-watching television activity because of some overhyped national event so we'll just skip a week and the rest of the world will just have to deal with it. Americans should attempt to understand this incredibly obnoxious cultural egocentrism and why it pisses everybody else off. Collectively, we are greater and it's gotten to the point where it's of no value being friendly with Americans who aren't ashamed of their own culture because it's fucking obnoxious. Honestly, it's a disaster waiting to happen - people hate America far more than they hate China right now and why? because America is an ineffective bully - It behaves like a bully but achieves sub-optimal results - China is an effective bully.

#125 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

Ha! Yeah that was crazy - but hey, nobody got hurt - sorry! :unworthy:

I meant that shit though, really...kinda

#126 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

Hey Mal? Don't fucking watch then. I'm sure we'll all be gratefully blessed by the non-presence of Mal hate of American fuckery of something.

Sorry to hurt your non-Americanized feelings. Or no, not really. Because you don't have feelings unless they involve being butthurt at America. But, if you want to blame American cultural hegemony for your problems, you've got some big targets. It's real easy, ain't it?

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 09 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#127 User is offline   Kruppe's snacky cakes 

• First Sword

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

This thread is starting to sound like it belongs in a "white people problems" meme. But in lieu of posting one of those jokes, here's a Penny Arcade snark:

Attached File  i-hhJBQRK-950x10000.jpg (59.02K)
Number of downloads: 0

Chemical Agent

OUCH!
I'm George. George McFly. I'm your density. I mean...your destiny.

#128 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

The electromagnetism episode was pretty alright. The writing is getting better and the characters are playing off each other more - except for May, who basically only deals with Coulson. Something's gotta give here.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#129 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

View Postamphibian, on 12 November 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

except for May, who basically only deals with Coulson. Something's gotta give here.

I've heard tell her backstory episode is coming up...and in that vein we may see her begin to melt into the team more...but for the time being yeah she's the hardass that isn't going to be a tough one to crack.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#130 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

i really don't get the hate this show gets. It's not game of thrones but im still enjoying it.

#131 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

What a tortuously extracting episode tonight.Posted Image

Nice nod to Total Recall. Intel goobers FTW!
Posted Image

#132 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

Another really solid ep of this the other night. We continue to see character and team development deepen in great ways.

I can't decide if I preferred the Ward & Fitz part of the story, or the Skye & Jemma portion. Both were brilliant, and enjoyable, and quirky but badass fun. Skye instructing Jemma with the Night-Night pistol and the Hub staffer made me nearly bust a gut.

And Coulson beginning to investigate his time in Tahiti, or at least TRYING to...nice to see that as we've not had too much Coulson-centric stuff.

All around another step up. Really starting to look fwd to this show each week.

Oh and re: Next Week's tie-in to THOR 2 aftermath.

Spoiler

#133 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

Sleepy Hollow is better than this show, although it may have a bonus of keeping the focus limited.

#134 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

View Postamphibian, on 15 November 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

Sleepy Hollow is better than this show, although it may have a bonus of keeping the focus limited.

SLEEPY HOLLOW is indeed better...but yeah I agree I truly think that has to do with them only having to sell the Abbie / Crane dynamic with any depth for it to succeed.

In this one we have a whole team to get working together, so it has a longer road.

My Fall TV popularity list is as follows:

1. SLEEPY HOLLOW
2. AGENTS OF SHIELD
3. REIGN

#135 User is offline   Kanubis 

• Captain of Team Quick Ben

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

It's good that the last two episodes have worked on developing Fitz and Simmons and individuals because it was hard to give a shit about them as a silly comedy duo before that. Splitting them up for the best part of this ep was a good idea and well done.

I'm back to looking forward to the show instead of 'giving it a chance' after three decent episodes in a row.
Captain of Team Quick Ben. Also teaboy.

#136 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

An interesting thing to think about is that Simmons is the "nerd girl" on the tv show, when growing up, she was likely the most attractive woman in her town and probably came to Hollywood to be a leading lady type. Something similar may apply to people like Wesley from Buffy/Angel etc.

That's gotta be a heck of a thing to adjust to.

#137 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

View Postamphibian, on 15 November 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

An interesting thing to think about is that Simmons is the "nerd girl" on the tv show, when growing up, she was likely the most attractive woman in her town and probably came to Hollywood to be a leading lady type. Something similar may apply to people like Wesley from Buffy/Angel etc.

That's gotta be a heck of a thing to adjust to.

Wait, just because she's a scientist?

I don't see how her being a scientist and a little bit nerdy (which she is apparently in real life according to her co-stars) weighs at all on the fact that she's very pretty. She already is a leading lady, on a huge network TV show. Just because Skye is the hot hacker one, doesn't make Jemma's role relegated to that of 1990's nerdy introvert in the background...in fact she's proven a few times now that she's anything but that and been front and center for two straight eps.

Sorry, not getting your thought process at all.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 15 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

#138 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

View Postamphibian, on 15 November 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

I stopped watching Sleepy Hollow during the skip week. Not really sure why, except that while the leads were engaging I was finding the backstory of no interest whatsoever. SHIELD is a worse show but I am at least interested in where it's going, even if it's only because of pre-existing things (and also because some things are so bad I wanna know if they can fix them. Like they've pretty much redeemed FitzSimmons as a pair in the last two eps. Now for Ward and Skye).

On the other hand The Blacklist is also better than this show, and all the more noticable coz it's got several notable similarities.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#139 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:40 AM

View Postpolishgenius, on 16 November 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

On the other hand The Blacklist is also better than this show, and all the more noticable coz it's got several notable similarities.

Hmmmm. Reddington is a SHIELD agent manipulating the FBI's black site operations to eliminate people SHIELD doesn't have time to go after? That'd be sorta cool.

Reddington is Skye's father!
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#140 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:57 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 09 November 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

Hey Mal? Don't fucking watch then. I'm sure we'll all be gratefully blessed by the non-presence of Mal hate of American fuckery of something.

Sorry to hurt your non-Americanized feelings. Or no, not really. Because you don't have feelings unless they involve being butthurt at America. But, if you want to blame American cultural hegemony for your problems, you've got some big targets. It's real easy, ain't it?

Of all the reasons to go on a rant over the US and he picks television scheduling? That little voice in the back of his head isn't saying "god you can see for miles in here" anymore; it died of asphyxiation.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

18 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users