Malazan Empire: Eclipse III - signup thread - Malazan Empire

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Eclipse III - signup thread modded by ME!

#81 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

View PostGanoes Paran, on 29 April 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 29 April 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

View PostGanoes Paran, on 29 April 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

Okay well this should be a very good game. I played the last game all by myself without allies. So you could say I am at an advantage ha ha ha, that should make up for my lack of brain skills.

I thought your chiselled granite features were supposed to make up for your lack of brain skills?

You are mistaking me for that handsome guy you see in the mirror each day.

Ah sorry, of course! You know how it is, you see that face and it becomes nigh impossible to have anything but that image imprinted on your mind.

On a seperate but almost as important note, I agree with no alliances, and I would like to throw all the expansions in there because why not (I don't know how advisable that is in reality). I also think we should not have off-thread PMs, particularly with no alliances in play.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#82 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Yeah no off thread talks with in game players. If there were alliances then that would be okay but this should be every man for himself and his dog.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#83 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

I support no off thread communications, and all the expansions for that matter as long as it doesn't become too much work for poor cerveza.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#84 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 29 April 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

View PostGanoes Paran, on 29 April 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

View PostKhellendros, on 29 April 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

View PostGanoes Paran, on 29 April 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

Okay well this should be a very good game. I played the last game all by myself without allies. So you could say I am at an advantage ha ha ha, that should make up for my lack of brain skills.

I thought your chiselled granite features were supposed to make up for your lack of brain skills?

You are mistaking me for that handsome guy you see in the mirror each day.

Ah sorry, of course! You know how it is, you see that face and it becomes nigh impossible to have anything but that image imprinted on your mind.

On a seperate but almost as important note, I agree with no alliances, and I would like to throw all the expansions in there because why not (I don't know how advisable that is in reality). I also think we should not have off-thread PMs, particularly with no alliances in play.

View PostGanoes Paran, on 29 April 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

Yeah no off thread talks with in game players. If there were alliances then that would be okay but this should be every man for himself and his dog.

View PostMorgoth, on 29 April 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

I support no off thread communications, and all the expansions for that matter as long as it doesn't become too much work for poor cerveza.

I aprove this message.
On a side note, I'm happy to report that there currently no bleeding in the brain. Though no telling how my health is by weeks end.
I don't know what I'm doing but it sounds good.

#85 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

I like no alliances, but all other expansion content. Mostly it just adds more variability to the hexes, discovery tiles, etc. With no alliances, I like no off-thread comm as well.

Since we're 9 players, we don't need to use the ancient homeworlds as pre-placed hexes, and I think we should NOT do the rulebook suggestion of "for a little fun, mix one or two ancient homeworlds into the Tier 2 pile", because with all the other hexes and a squishy galaxy there's already going to be enough potential bad luck in the hexes!

I don't really know how Supernova works, but I'm okay with including that. I think we should NOT use the Pulsar hexes, as they seem to give people the ability to stall their turns a bit, and given how long this game will go as it is, no need to make it even longer in an annoying way. The two discovery tiles from those mini-expansions I'm fine with including though (one is just a 3-ion missile ship part that we used last game, the other is some sort of one-time bomb thingy).

Another note - since we have 9 players, I think we *have* to use the ancient hives and warp portal hexes - otherwise there won't be enough hexes to make the Tier 3 pile big enough!

-drek

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 29 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#86 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

It's no extra work for me to add expansions, though I've not used them before and will have to read up on how they work. We are using the Supernova and Pulsar tiles also then? They seem interesting (esp the supernova ones) so I'm totally fine with it.

I decided to ease the hex draw work I'm going to compile all the hexes in a PDF for reference. When you explore I'll just post the number of the hex and you can look it up on the reference file to see orientation of wormholes and such. That way everyone will have the advantage of seeing which tiles are in use and which remain.

So no alliances and therefore no off-board discussion. That makes sense I guess. Doesn't much matter to me so long as we're all on the same page.

EDIT

No pulsar then? I see d'reks point RE stalling turns with them, but doesn't it just amount to an extra action per round for the owner of the tile? Since there's only 2 pulsars I don't see it as being a massive time burden on the game, but whatevs. Majority rules.

Agree with using warp portals for sure. They were a fun element last game.

EDIT EDIT

So with ancient homeworlds, they are not pre-placed but randomly drawn in Tier 3?

This post has been edited by cerveza_fiesta: 29 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#87 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 29 April 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

No pulsar then? I see d'reks point RE stalling turns with them, but doesn't it just amount to an extra action per round for the owner of the tile? Since there's only 2 pulsars I don't see it as being a massive time burden on the game, but whatevs. Majority rules.

I don't really know how they work very well. If you think it won't add a lot, go for it. I'm only 1 of 9 so it's hardly a majority!

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 29 April 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

So with ancient homeworlds, they are not pre-placed but randomly drawn in Tier 3?

There's Ancient Homeworlds and there's Ancient Hives.

Ancient Hives - These are the ones with 3 ancient symbols on them and dice symbols at each border. They are used like normal hexes (I think there's one Tier 2 hive and one or two Tier 3 hives). When they are drawn from an Explore and placed, you put 3 Ancient Ships on them. After each round, you roll a dice and if there is a half- or full-wormhole from the ancient hive to another hex on the border where that dice number is, you move one Ancient Ship. Strategy-wise, they are good hexes that are hard to fight at first, but are easy to claim once a couple ancients move out. If an ancient ship moves into one of your hexes you still have a full round to react to it, so it's not too much of a hindrance.

Ancient Homeworlds - These are the ones with an ancient skull and little cruiser symbol at the center. When you play with a weird number of players (4, 5, 7, 8) you can use the assymetric homeworld starting layouts, OR you can use the 6 or 9-player layouts and put Ancient Homeworlds in the empty spots. Each Ancient Homeworld gets one of the Ancient Cruisers put on it. Then they are like normal hexes that players can conquer by killing the Ancient Cruiser. Since we are playing with 9 players, there's no need for them like this.

The expansion rulebook also suggests an additional variant where you can mix one or more Ancient Homeworlds into the Tier 2 pile, just to mix it up even more. I'm suggesting we leave that one out this game!
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#88 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

I can see how the Pulsar would be used as a stalling tactic as well but wouldn't mind playing with it just to see how it's used and how it affects the flow of the game.

#89 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

View Posttwelve, on 29 April 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

I can see how the Pulsar would be used as a stalling tactic as well but wouldn't mind playing with it just to see how it's used and how it affects the flow of the game.

How are you then? I didn't know you were wounded or ill!!!

#90 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostGanoes Paran, on 29 April 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

I was referring to Morgoth's comment about the aneurism. I'm fine. Maybe suffering a bit from all the pollen in the air right now but other than than I'm just peachy.

#91 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

View Posttwelve, on 29 April 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

View PostGanoes Paran, on 29 April 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

I was referring to Morgoth's comment about the aneurism. I'm fine. Maybe suffering a bit from all the pollen in the air right now but other than than I'm just peachy.

Squeeze those peachy buns of yours Scott :(

#92 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

I was going to edit that to say Twelve my boy but left it as Scott on a whim. Why not, sugar drop?

#93 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostGanoes Paran, on 29 April 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

I was going to edit that to say Twelve my boy but left it as Scott on a whim. Why not, sugar drop?

Oh No!!!! My secret's out.

Eh whatevs.

If you edited anything I would have to say the peachy buns part as that was more than a bit creepy.

#94 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

View Posttwelve, on 29 April 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Eh whatevs.

If you edited anything I would have to say the peachy buns part as that was more than a bit creepy.

No no, creppy is.. well, i'll show you...

look outside, go on. See that guy waving? See him, there by the bushes? That isn't me. That is creepy. I mean who waves at you like that. No, i'm the guy you cannot see.

#95 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostGanoes Paran, on 29 April 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

View Posttwelve, on 29 April 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Eh whatevs.

No no, creppy is.. well, i'll show you...

look outside, go on. See that guy waving? See him, there by the bushes? That isn't me. That is creepy. I mean who waves at you like that. No, i'm the guy you cannot see.

"By the way, I noticed you've started developing dandruff so I took the liberty of replacing your conditioner with a brand more suitable to your skin-type."
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#96 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

THE MECHANEMA WILL NOT TOLERATE FLIRTATION IN THIS THREAD.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#97 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

CF may have more board setup stuff to do, but if we've got our 9 players we could randomize ourselves now and we could start picking races. I don't think we need the actual images and stuff all setup to do that - people can look at the game #2 thread for the differences between the races and can discuss here if not sure. It might take a bit of time to go through everyone picking, so might be good to start now.Thoughts?And sounds like we are confirmed using the supernovas and pulsars, then?

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#98 User is offline   twelve 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostD, on 29 April 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

CF may have more board setup stuff to do, but if we've got our 9 players we could randomize ourselves now and we could start picking races. I don't think we need the actual images and stuff all setup to do that - people can look at the game #2 thread for the differences between the races and can discuss here if not sure. It might take a bit of time to go through everyone picking, so might be good to start now.Thoughts?And sounds like we are confirmed using the supernovas and pulsars, then?

I'm pretty sure everyone knows my thoughts about getting the order all set up so we can start picking races but for those of you with barely a pulse. I agree. Let's get the play order determined so we can start picking our races.

#99 User is offline   Solidsnape 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Playing Guitar/Ukulele/Banjolele, reading, music, Wing Chun Kuen, my 2 boys and my wonderful GF.
  • From good 'ol Newcastle upon Tyne.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

I'm a little bit scared now.
"If you seek the crumpled bones of the T'lan Imass,
gather into one hand the sands of Raraku"
The Holy Desert
- Anonymous.

#100 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

View Posttwelve, on 29 April 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

View PostD, on 29 April 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure everyone knows my thoughts about getting the order all set up so we can start picking races but for those of you with barely a pulse. I agree. Let's get the play order determined so we can start picking our races.

I vote we wait until everything is completely set up, and then have a three-day "rest and relaxation" period before randomising picking order. After that, we have a five-day period in which to discuss various race options, before the actual final selection process.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users