Malazan Empire: Publication date, speculation and synopsis - Malazan Empire

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Publication date, speculation and synopsis Sept 2015! Wait, no, Jan 2016!!!, no, wait... APRIL

#81 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

Dassem maybe in terms of swordsmanship given he held his own with Rake. Karsa no chance based on the awe he had for Dassem when he was fighting Rake. Draconus accidentally kills 30000 people. Hes in a league with Gothos and other ancient beasts.

#82 User is offline   Rehvenge 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

The only ones i see them besting him in 1 on 1 are Hood, Brood, and Icarium. And maybe/could be/possibly if you strech it Osserc.

This post has been edited by Rehvenge: 31 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

#83 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

Reading all the various forum threads post reading Assail makes me realize I REALLY need a re-read. Also that I'm sick of "who'd beat who in a fight arguments"

The synopsis is veeeeeery interesting. My question: what are the chances that along with the "biggest enemies of order"--which to me are obviously the Eleint--we will get "the firstborn of dragons"--K'Chain Che'Malle?
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#84 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

View PostGorgon, on 18 July 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

I thought storm riders too.

Are they described as blue skinned? I thought they were described as looking like human Tiste? As in the original Tiste before they became shades of black white or grey.

#85 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:31 PM

Has there been any change that anyone knows of? Amazon give a UK publishing date of 10 Feburary 2015 (Feb 2015 was the last rough estimate I knew of), but Waterstones say 10 September 2015... has it been pushed back again?
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#86 User is offline   Jussi 

• Sergeant

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

At least American version will be published in September 2015:

http://edelweiss.abo...&sku=0765323575

#87 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:44 PM

Geez. I hope someone is kind enough to put together a summary of FoD when FoL gets closer to release. I'm already hazy on a lot of events in FoD and I'm not going to reread it before FoL.

#88 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:56 PM

Yes you are.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#89 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:41 PM

Nah, I read really slow and I have a huge TRP. I'm still looking forward to my first reread of the main series, whenever that will be. No time to read FoD again before FoL.

#90 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:51 PM

All TRPs have been cancelled until further notice.

#91 User is offline   hadoken13 

• Corporal

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:53 PM

Has there been any mention of covering the events of the Jaghut and T'Lann Imass war/feud/battle, whatever you'd call it? After just finishing Assail I'd like to find out about the origins of this, or has it been covered in other books? I can't remember.

#92 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

View Posthadoken13, on 18 September 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

Has there been any mention of covering the events of the Jaghut and T'Lann Imass war/feud/battle, whatever you'd call it? After just finishing Assail I'd like to find out about the origins of this, or has it been covered in other books? I can't remember.

MoI sets out most of the basics. Essentially Jaghut Tyrants set themselves up as fake gods over the Imass. When the Imass realized what was going on, they went to war, and because Jaghut Tyrants are born that way, they went to war against the entire race. When Jaghut Ice Age attacks threatened to wipe out the Imass, they did the Tellan Ritual and became undead to carry on the war.

I'd guess this all happens after the events in the Kharkanas Trilo, since the Imass race aren't around, or the Dogrunners haven't become them yet.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#93 User is offline   hadoken13 

• Corporal

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

View PostAbyss, on 18 September 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:

MoI sets out most of the basics. Essentially Jaghut Tyrants set themselves up as fake gods over the Imass. When the Imass realized what was going on, they went to war, and because Jaghut Tyrants are born that way, they went to war against the entire race. When Jaghut Ice Age attacks threatened to wipe out the Imass, they did the Tellan Ritual and became undead to carry on the war.

I'd guess this all happens after the events in the Kharkanas Trilo, since the Imass race aren't around, or the Dogrunners haven't become them yet.

Cheers.

I may have to re-read the series soon as I forget almost everything. Would be good to see a bigger story on this nonetheless.

#94 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:12 AM

Jaghut Tyrants aren't necessarily born that way - it's that the ones who did flip over into being domineering kings and queens started setting themselves up as gods, who were later shown to be false gods (somehow).

That really ticked off the Tlan Imass and they zombified themselves in order to carry out a genocide against the Jaghut entire, because any one of them could become a Tyrant, and dispatching other false gods/problems as well.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#95 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:29 AM

View Posthadoken13, on 18 September 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

View PostAbyss, on 18 September 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:

Cheers.

I may have to re-read the series soon as I forget almost everything. Would be good to see a bigger story on this nonetheless.

A re-read helps because by the time you get to FoD you have more of an understanding of the Jaghut too and what they were like as a people - and that's some funny sh** right there. Definitely worth looking at.
But it does give some further perspective ;)

Edit to add : Just look at my sig :D

This post has been edited by Hetan (Also Actually Possibly Mal): 19 September 2014 - 10:30 AM

"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#96 User is offline   hadoken13 

• Corporal

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:21 PM

View PostHetan (Also Actually Possibly Mal), on 19 September 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

A re-read helps because by the time you get to FoD you have more of an understanding of the Jaghut too and what they were like as a people - and that's some funny sh** right there. Definitely worth looking at.
But it does give some further perspective ;)

Edit to add : Just look at my sig :D

Ye I finished FoD a long time after the Malazan books (I read them first then ICE's books then FoD) and I forget lots of parts.

I have sigs turned off - what does it say?

#97 User is offline   Abalieno 

• Fist

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:30 AM

As of today:

Ignore the release dates. I think I have resolved the War on Death storyline in Fall of Light. It’ll all be there. At the moment, I’m closing in on completing the civil war story line, which will leave me with completing the War on Death storyline. It proceeds, if at a measured pace.

#MrSkimpole

Feed then or perish. Life is but a search for gardens and gentle refuge, and here I sit waging the sweetest war, for I shall not die while a single tale remains to be told. Even the gods must wait spellbound.
Crack'd Pot Trail

#98 User is offline   IskarJar93 

• Recruit

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:26 PM

I like the "ignore publication dates" part. In the early September AMA Steve said he could start to see the end of the book from where he was and that post of his that you quote sure gives hope. I think we may even see the book come out in spring if things keep going apace

#99 User is offline   Fiddler Farstrider 

• Recruit

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:37 PM

Hold the phone...what is this quote exactly "Toblakai arrive, day and night, to pledge themselves to Hood's impossible war. Soon, all will set forth - or not at all - under the banners of the living. Soon, weapons will be drawn, with Death itself the enemy."

So...the Toblakai race is around during this time? Which would mean the races proceeding them have already been born(obviously). I thought they were evolved from the Eres, Thel Akai and possible Imass. I know the dog runners are probably proto-Imass but it doesn't feel like there is a whole empire of humans running around yet.

On top of that we know that the Thel Akai's goddess was T'riss. This timeline is making me insane.

This post has been edited by Fiddler Farstrider: 03 December 2014 - 10:40 PM

#100 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:46 PM

All the TTT names are used as synonyms to each other, even if linguistically "Thel Akai" is the oldest that we know chronologically. And of course terminology depends on the storyteller. Might just be the word Fisher prefers.

I wonder if we'll actually get to know the one whose armor Ublala ends up with.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

11 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users