Malazan Empire: Publication date, speculation and synopsis - Malazan Empire

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Publication date, speculation and synopsis Sept 2015! Wait, no, Jan 2016!!!, no, wait... APRIL

#101 User is offline   Fiddler Farstrider 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:05 PM

View Postworry, on 03 December 2014 - 10:46 PM, said:

All the TTT names are used as synonyms to each other, even if linguistically "Thel Akai" is the oldest that we know chronologically. And of course terminology depends on the storyteller. Might just be the word Fisher prefers.

I wonder if we'll actually get to know the one whose armor Ublala ends up with.

So just going back chronologically we can asssume that the Eres have come and gone, the TTTs are a civilization that are at least capable of commanding a unified army, and the Imass are emerging. So does this mean the Kharkanas realm is on Wu? Kallor's empire may even be out there somewhere...

Yes Ubala's armor...!

#102 User is offline   Lord Solar 

• Recruit

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

View PostFiddler Farstrider, on 03 December 2014 - 11:05 PM, said:

All the TTT names are used as synonyms to each other, even if linguistically "Thel Akai" is the oldest that we know chronologically. And of course terminology depends on the storyteller. Might just be the word Fisher prefers.

So just going back chronologically we can asssume that the Eres have come and gone, the TTTs are a civilization that are at least capable of commanding a unified army, and the Imass are emerging. So does this mean the Kharkanas realm is on Wu? Kallor's empire may even be out there somewhere...

Yes Ubala's armor...!

I'm pretty sure there is a mention of Kallor somewhere in Forge of Darkness

#103 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:03 AM

View PostLord Solar, on 04 December 2014 - 10:44 PM, said:

So just going back chronologically we can asssume that the Eres have come and gone, the TTTs are a civilization that are at least capable of comA manding a unified army, and the Imass are emerging. So does this mean the Kharkanas realm is on Wu? Kallor's empire may even be out there somewhere...

Yes Ubala's armor...!

I'm pretty sure there is a mention of Kallor somewhere in Forge of Darkness

"The High King has built a ship."

...we don't know that it's Kallor... Seems likely tho.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#104 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:09 AM

It's either Cheech or Chong, it can't be both.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#105 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:29 PM

Yes Ubala's armor...!

The Tartheno Thelomen Toblokai we see in the main arc all seem to be descendants of the Thel Akai. We see in FOD that the songs of the Thel Akai hold the answer that individual Azatahanai created alot of the races we know. So Draconus for the Tiste, Kily for the Forkrul, OE for the Imass etc. This might not be true or more likely a half truth with more to it but it does suggest that the Thel Akai are some of the oldest entities even in this formative period of Malaz history.

I believe OE mentions that the Eres were her more sentimental of choices in FOD (maybe DOD) suggesting that yes they were her first children and have come and gone, potentially being the first race created by an Azathanai alongside the Thel Akai. They arent wiped out most likely just not as dominant or numerous as some of the more notable races.

As for the Thel Akai being able to field an army I think its in a flashback of someones in TCG that mentions a KCCM/NR army assaulting a Thel Akai stronghold and coming back battered so yes it seems likely that they are an organised force.

As for whether Wu is the world we are looking at who knows? Id say no and the people abandoning their realms in the MT prologue are fleeing to Wu from the civil wars. The fact that when the Edur and Andii arrive there are KCCM in this world with mention of Imass, Jaghut and FA means that maybe the Tiste were late to leave their realm. But really no one knows.

Apology for the ramble im tired as balls

#106 User is offline   The Hust Legion 

• Lieutenant

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:54 PM

just how old are the eres !!! and also the jaghust war on death isn't in fall of light any more?!! maaaan i was looking forward to that. and i thought the eresal was like the god of the eres or is that just another form of olar ethil. apologies for the many questions but I'm keeping my mind busy with them till feb :The Force:

#107 User is offline   abate 

• Recruit

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:07 PM

"Hood's call has been heard, and the long-abandoned city of Omtose Phellack is now home to a rabble of new arrivals"
I thought Omtose Phellack was the warren of the Jaghut. What gives?

#108 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:14 PM

Did you read Forge of Darkness?

#109 User is offline   abate 

• Recruit

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:25 PM

I guess a re-read is in order as I must of missed it.

#110 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:31 PM

Nah, just look at the map.

#111 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

View Postabate, on 29 December 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

"Hood's call has been heard, and the long-abandoned city of Omtose Phellack is now home to a rabble of new arrivals"
I thought Omtose Phellack was the warren of the Jaghut. What gives?

Former capital city of Jaghut civilization I think. So represents there home maybe?

Its the same with a few others aswell. Like the fact that the Tiste Liosan are called that because of the colour of the legions flag or something like that.

#112 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:14 PM

In FOD the time of the Eres has passed and they moved south. I believe its Hust Henerald that talks about the First Forge where he made Anomanders sword and mentions something of the knowledge of it.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#113 User is offline   abate 

• Recruit

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:14 PM

View Posttiam, on 28 February 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

Blue skinned

Napan ancestors- as weve never really seen where theyve come from and there an island nation
Jhag Anap- Potential relatives before Gothos broke up the Jhag people so maybe answering the call.

Any other blue skinned races?

In House of Chains, Karsa and Torvald Nom had been loaded onto a ship destined for the Otataral Mines when they encountered the Malazan ship captain ...
There was a solid crack and Torvald Nom's body sprawled down in front of Karsa. Blood poured from his shattered nose. The Daru blinked stupidly, but made no move to rise. A large figure strode to stand over Torvald. Not tall, but wide, and his skin was a dusky blue. He glared down at the bandit chief, then studied the ring of silent sailors facing him.
No race is mentioned just the skin colour.

#114 User is offline   Luperci 

• Not Bruce Wayne
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Fighting crime and hanging with my Butler

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:32 AM

View Postabate, on 03 January 2015 - 11:14 PM, said:

Blue skinned

Napan ancestors- as weve never really seen where theyve come from and there an island nation
Jhag Anap- Potential relatives before Gothos broke up the Jhag people so maybe answering the call.

In House of Chains, Karsa and Torvald Nom had been loaded onto a ship destined for the Otataral Mines when they encountered the Malazan ship captain ...
There was a solid crack and Torvald Nom's body sprawled down in front of Karsa. Blood poured from his shattered nose. The Daru blinked stupidly, but made no move to rise. A large figure strode to stand over Torvald. Not tall, but wide, and his skin was a dusky blue. He glared down at the bandit chief, then studied the ring of silent sailors facing him.

Isn't this the Crimson Guard Avowed, (Blues?) I think. Pretty sure hes Napan as well. I always thought the blue was just a tint to their very Dark Black complexion.
The Harder the world, the fiercer the Honor.

-Dancer

#115 User is offline   Steve Halter 

• Mage

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:26 AM

I just had a nice chat with Steven at Confusion in Detroit and he said to mention here that he is finally closing in on the end of Fall of Light.

#116 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:06 AM

View PostSteve Halter, on 18 January 2015 - 04:26 AM, said:

I just had a nice chat with Steven at Confusion in Detroit and he said to mention here that he is finally closing in on the end of Fall of Light.

Thanks for letting us know :(

#117 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:21 AM

Blue skinned

View PostCapedCrusader, on 04 January 2015 - 06:32 AM, said:

Blue skinned

Isn't this the Crimson Guard Avowed, (Blues?) I think. Pretty sure hes Napan as well. I always thought the blue was just a tint to their very Dark Black complexion.

Blues is Napan yes hence the name but no it not him on the ship. As for the captains race given its an imperial prison barge hes probably Napan. His description as a squat wide guy with blue skin fits with other descriptions of Napan such as Urko. Id say given the recent revelations in Assail

Spoiler

Just a thought

#118 User is offline   Luperci 

• Not Bruce Wayne
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Fighting crime and hanging with my Butler

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:16 AM

View Posttiam, on 18 January 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

Blue skinned

View PostCapedCrusader, on 04 January 2015 - 06:32 AM, said:

Blue skinned

Blues is Napan yes hence the name but no it not him on the ship. As for the captains race given its an imperial prison barge hes probably Napan. His description as a squat wide guy with blue skin fits with other descriptions of Napan such as Urko. Id say given the recent revelations in Assail

Spoiler

Just a thought

Really? Didn't he and another avowed have a part to play in the Otataral Mines in RoTCG? Seems a coincidence that we meet a Squat Napan headed to the mines in HoC and then see him Leave the Mines in RoTCG.
The Harder the world, the fiercer the Honor.

-Dancer

#119 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:31 PM

Indeed it does seem like a co incidence but what you have to remember is one is a Malazan Napan captain in charge of a prison ship whereas Blues would also be a prisoner on the ship. Plus isnt the Captain killed by that crazy lightning storm? Its a coincidence that theyre both Napan. Also in terms of timeline hasnt Pale only just fallen? Whereas ROTCG is set after TBH which is after MOI and hadnt Blues only just arrived in ROTCG? He was atleast pretty new to the mines atleast.

This post has been edited by tiam: 24 January 2015 - 10:51 PM

#120 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:46 PM

View PostSteve Halter, on 18 January 2015 - 04:26 AM, said:

Is it still june this year that were expecting it?

Edit- Sorry for the double post

This post has been edited by tiam: 28 January 2015 - 02:47 PM

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users