• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

#41 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

I picked up Witcher 1&2 in the Steam sale, have so far encountered one game-breaking bug (the Keth'aar sephirot) and one annoying bug (Gramps) - it is going to be a PITA to get round them it looks like. Is the build quality any better in the second game or should I give up now?
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#42 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

Never encountered any serious bugs in Witcher 1 or 2 that I am aware off.

Witcher 2 is certainly a higher budget title, made by a more experienced team, so maybe you'll have more luck there.

#43 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:36 PM

View PostMessremb, on 30 June 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

I picked up Witcher 1&2 in the Steam sale, have so far encountered one game-breaking bug (the Keth'aar sephirot) and one annoying bug (Gramps) - it is going to be a PITA to get round them it looks like. Is the build quality any better in the second game or should I give up now?

I had quite a few bugs in the first game, none in the second. Though I did find it worthwhile to take the time to play through the first anyway. I restarted the second game after finishing the first, and got a lot more enjoyment out of it.

#44 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:45 PM

View PostDadding, on 30 June 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

View PostMessremb, on 30 June 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

I had quite a few bugs in the first game, none in the second. Though I did find it worthwhile to take the time to play through the first anyway. I restarted the second game after finishing the first, and got a lot more enjoyment out of it.

I figured I'd go through them in order, only sensible thing to do. I'm wondering how many hours of play I'll lose by restoring a save to before that @$&¬ing messenger boy tells me to see the detective.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#45 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:51 AM

I don't think I ran into a bug like this, though I may be wrong as I've played TW1 several years ago. It's an amusing game, even if it gets outshined by TW2 like a candleflame is outshined by the full glory of the Sun. I may be exagerrating, TW1 is still a very fun game I've finished at least 3 times in my time, didn't feel like wasted time at all (glory be to the Enhanced Edition and better loading times!).

Protip: keep at least a pair of every type of teeth you loot.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#46 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:12 AM

OR download the mod that merges the innkeepers stash with your inventory so that you always have access to every item, ingredient and potion you could possibly need.

#47 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:18 AM

More to the point of not vendoring them randomly, you may miss some for the full teeth collection later :)
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#48 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:55 PM

This Holiday Season, I've decided to Witcher-proof my PC:
Attached File  Witcher-proof!.jpg (1.06MB)
Number of downloads: 4
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#49 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

Knowing CD Project that graphics card is actually going to be put to the test.

#50 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

Yeah, since I'm not running a Titan or bridging, I won't be running uber-sampling, lol.

I really don't care about graphics all that much, I found TW 1 to be perfectly serviceable. As long as I can get 20+ FPS on some "low medium" setting w/o black lines on edges, i'll be perfectly happy with teh pretties.

#51 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

I am not obsessed with frames per second or how many p's are on screen but I do appreciate when the detail in the world is high. The amount of detail and the style of the art work in Witcher 2 was something I really appreciated.

#52 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:05 PM

View PostApt, on 02 January 2015 - 04:43 PM, said:

I am not obsessed with frames per second or how many p's are on screen but I do appreciate when the detail in the world is high. The amount of detail and the style of the art work in Witcher 2 was something I really appreciated.

only time I care about FPS is when the game slows down to a crawl. If I have at least 20, I expect the scenery and Geralt to be moving smoothly. in the end that's allt hat matters.

Knowing me, I probably won't get into the game properly untill the EE comes out anyways, b/c I can't take theEnglish voiceovers seriously. May play it in Polish until the Russian ones get released worldwide..

#53 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:51 AM

I am pretty excited for this game. How vital is it that I play 2 first? I have never played any witcher and have the second sitting at home.
Error: Signature not valid

#54 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:25 AM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 07 January 2015 - 01:51 AM, said:

I am pretty excited for this game. How vital is it that I play 2 first? I have never played any witcher and have the second sitting at home.

In general the devs do an okayinsh job providing you with the infodump necessary to get the very basic gist of what's happening even if you didn't read the books or played the previous games. Said infodumps may require some searching, however, as teh UI in previous installments was fairly PC-centric and that means "lots of sub-menus that you can navigate with ease with a mouse if you so desire, but about a quarter to a half of which aren't strictly necessary".

In general the series tends to make nods towards both the books and the prequels, but they aren't usually significant things, just cool tidbits.

that being said, you should play 2 to see if you like the combat style, as you'll spend a lot of time swording things, and the combat, while being iterated upon in 3, is basically the same it was in 2.

#55 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:27 AM

System requirements are up.... http://www.rockpaper...m-requirements/

Looks like I need to start hunting around for a good CPU sale.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 08 January 2015 - 12:27 AM

#56 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

Holy shit. Seems I'm low on processor, just an i5 at 3.00 GHz........ geez.
I guess I'll just buy it later.

#57 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:32 AM

Let's see if I have the required specs to run it. Yep, I own a ps4, it will run. :)
Error: Signature not valid

#58 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:29 AM

But will it run at 4K with 100,000 fps and super mega awesome texture resolution and 180 FOV?

I think not.

Checkmate, peasants.

#59 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:59 AM

Eh, the difference in how it will look are going to be marginal at best.

I do prefer PC gaming over console where feasible but having to potentially spend £1500 on a PC to run a game when a £300 console will do the job nearly as well...
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#60 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:58 AM

Ouch. If I had known that before I pre-ordered it on Steam...
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users