• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 100 SPOILERS

#1001 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

View Postdktorode, on 01 May 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

i was drunk most of the time....but thats the chance you take when you let me sign up....

I enjoyed playing with you. You never did shit that bothered me. I didn't like that you didn't vote the SK that one time, but I can't fault you for trying to win. I wish more people played drunk. We have to many players who act like they have sticks up their ass, anyway.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#1002 User is offline   dktorode 

• Luck is my middle name, Mind you, my first name is Bad."

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostKarsa, on 01 May 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

Here's to watching every last one of you except Dude, die before us. It was LOVELY.

erm...yea..except this is my line...not yours. :(
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

Why dont they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff?

#1003 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostKarsa, on 01 May 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

i was drunk most of the time....but thats the chance you take when you let me sign up....

I enjoyed playing with you. You never did shit that bothered me. I didn't like that you didn't vote the SK that one time, but I can't fault you for trying to win. I wish more people played drunk. We have to many players who act like they have sticks up their ass, anyway.

well....i didnt do anything that bothered anyone because thats what my role called for.
The only pissing matches i had was with mods in private chats.
As soon as i started getting involved on thread i attracted N/A's like nobodies business. So had to become a non entity for a long while.

To be honest my role was boring, and i knew it would be... I prefer meat & potatoe games.

But D'rek did pull off a thing of wonder here, and even my role became exciting at the end there, which i appreciated.
THANKS D'REK
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#1004 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

View Postdktorode, on 01 May 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Here's to watching every last one of you except Dude, die before us. It was LOVELY.

We didn't ever have a need to kill you, dkt. We knew who you were for most of the game. Had you been scum, you'd be dead. This is no slight to you. You played amazing. We just weren't enemies. Had we needed you dead we would have lynched you off. You outplayed everyone you had to outplay except Dude. Exactly the same as us.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

- Maynard James Keenan

#1005 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

View Postdktorode, on 01 May 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

Oh they subsequently died....that makes IT AL SO CLEAR.
But guess what at the time I WASN'T ON YOUR TEAM...you need to get that through your skull...i was playing for myself. (one man faction ..helloooooo)

Yes, and you were still blaming them even after that.

Oh yes, you were an independent, playing to win for yourself. Tell me, how did that work out for you? Oh, you lost as well did you? We stood a far greater chance of winning by teaming up together than playing separately, as evidenced by what happened. The survivor's entire purpose is to form alliances where possible and make himself indispensable - that's how he survives. What I'm saying is that you SHOULD have been on our team - for yourself as well as for us. So nah :)

had i not been targeted by someone other than the SK (be it scum or town makes no difference to me), i would have voted SK, but since somebody else was trying to kill me i felt keeping SK around would pose bigger threat than myslef. Why am i even explaining myself to you? I was a ball hair away from winning the thing by myelf.
How did you fair?
Dont come all high and mighty here pal...you make it out as if i cost your team and that i should care? Why should i have cared about you over the scum or mod puupet or anybody else?

The voting for the SK which I speak of came days before you were targetted by the mod puppet, so you can't use that as an excuse. And you were never going to win by yourself - from SH that was apparent. So you fared just as well on your own as we did without you. You should have cared because it stood you a greater chance of victory, that's why.

You are right, however, that I am being facetiously high and mighty in one sense: I did want you to hide behind me so that if I was targetted you'd die in my place...but what's a Khell to do? :(

And no lynch my fault?...there was enough people alive to lynch without me...yet i am the sole person accountable?

blah blah blah where is that bag o dicks when you need'em. ;)

The difference was that you were actually around to vote - but didn't. I'm not saying that those who didn't appear are blameless for that no lynch - they certainly are not - but at least they have the 'excuse' of being annoying fucks who forget to come on regularly to see what's what. You were there! Though note, neither am I saying that a lynch would have resulted in our victory (after all, it would have only weakened Hentos, he still had an LP), but it certainly would have been a step in the right direction.

Ah, finally! A real proper explanation! :p
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1006 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostKarsa, on 01 May 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

We didn't ever have a need to kill you, dkt. We knew who you were for most of the game. Had you been scum, you'd be dead. This is no slight to you. You played amazing. We just weren't enemies. Had we needed you dead we would have lynched you off. You outplayed everyone you had to outplay except Dude. Exactly the same as us.

could have, should have, would have, fact remains i was last to die. not you :)
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#1007 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

View Postdktorode, on 01 May 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

Because we didn't have a reason to kill you. In fact, no one needed you dead, or wanted you dead except the SK. We weren't enemies. So you're in the same boat as us. You can't outlive people who never had a reason to kill you. The only person you needed dead was the only person you didn't outlive.

- Maynard James Keenan

#1008 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

I think our faction was the weakest out of all the factions. Brujah my boy you had 30 alts to play around with which was a third of the total. You had a full faction heal. You had a player that could heal themselves over and over and another healer. both of you could effectively heal each other. you had the finders and guards too. Proof is in the pudding of how long your faction survived for.

One thing is for certain, I would definitely play a game like this again if D'rek modded one. The work that went into it was amazing. Global disasters, great roles. I'd shorten days and if people miss out on lynches and actions then that is up to them but I wouldn't miss a thing.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1009 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 01 May 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

View Postdktorode, on 01 May 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

Oh they subsequently died....that makes IT AL SO CLEAR.
But guess what at the time I WASN'T ON YOUR TEAM...you need to get that through your skull...i was playing for myself. (one man faction ..helloooooo)

Yes, and you were still blaming them even after that.

Oh yes, you were an independent, playing to win for yourself. Tell me, how did that work out for you? Oh, you lost as well did you? We stood a far greater chance of winning by teaming up together than playing separately, as evidenced by what happened. The survivor's entire purpose is to form alliances where possible and make himself indispensable - that's how he survives. What I'm saying is that you SHOULD have been on our team - for yourself as well as for us. So nah :)

I decided it would be more fun to go for a solo victory...sorry that my decision to actually have fun for the first time in a MONTH of playing seems to have given you a hernia...pfffffffft take it on the chin like a big boy....i have.

had i not been targeted by someone other than the SK (be it scum or town makes no difference to me), i would have voted SK, but since somebody else was trying to kill me i felt keeping SK around would pose bigger threat than myslef. Why am i even explaining myself to you? I was a ball hair away from winning the thing by myelf.
How did you fair?
Dont come all high and mighty here pal...you make it out as if i cost your team and that i should care? Why should i have cared about you over the scum or mod puupet or anybody else?

The voting for the SK which I speak of came days before you were targetted by the mod puppet, so you can't use that as an excuse. And you were never going to win by yourself - from SH that was apparent. So you fared just as well on your own as we did without you. You should have cared because it stood you a greater chance of victory, that's why.

I never voted for the SK out of sheer boredom, i also wanted to be on his good side since he could have killed me once he thought my double vote was too much of a threat so i abstained... you wherent in my shoes and my actions had been drunkenly thought out and have merrit, i did almost pull off a solo victory, but was just out muscled in the end because i didnt bother to do any research on what roles could do what.

You are right, however, that I am being facetiously high and mighty in one sense: I did want you to hide behind me so that if I was targetted you'd die in my place...but what's a Khell to do? :(

Yes i knew that...thats why i never hid behind you and never took your offer.
Just like i knew Dude was never going to stick to the agreement....but then neither was i.

And no lynch my fault?...there was enough people alive to lynch without me...yet i am the sole person accountable?

blah blah blah where is that bag o dicks when you need'em. ;)

The difference was that you were actually around to vote - but didn't. I'm not saying that those who didn't appear are blameless for that no lynch - they certainly are not - but at least they have the 'excuse' of being annoying fucks who forget to come on regularly to see what's what. You were there! Though note, neither am I saying that a lynch would have resulted in our victory (after all, it would have only weakened Hentos, he still had an LP), but it certainly would have been a step in the right direction.

I believe i answered your silly statement above, there was a lot more to it than you think.

Ah, finally! A real proper explanation! :p

not that i need to explain anything to you. If not for your obvious hernia and hope of a speedy recovery i wouldnt have bothered to reply to you :p
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#1010 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

to make a long story short. I made a conscious decision, in the name of fun, to not take the easy route and vote out the SK and win along with town/scum.

if you dont like that, or cant understand that, then just go look under the section of which this thread is spawned from and you will see it's father is GAMES and mother is MAFIA.

BITCH... THIS IS MAFIA...but its also only a game.
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#1011 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostGanoes Paran, on 01 May 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

I think our faction was the weakest out of all the factions. Brujah my boy you had 30 alts to play around with which was a third of the total. You had a full faction heal. You had a player that could heal themselves over and over and another healer. both of you could effectively heal each other. you had the finders and guards too. Proof is in the pudding of how long your faction survived for.

One thing is for certain, I would definitely play a game like this again if D'rek modded one. The work that went into it was amazing. Global disasters, great roles. I'd shorten days and if people miss out on lynches and actions then that is up to them but I wouldn't miss a thing.

30 alts? Minus the three players we lost, so 21 alts. Minus the recruits we lost in KL and Vengy, and we were left with just HD, me, Khel, twelve, and Eddie. So 5 Essels. And all 5 of us made it to the end. You guys had 6.

As for a those heals and powers, we had no idea who was on our team, so me and twelve couldn't heal each other. We couldn't benefit from all those powers you named like you're suggesting. You're still viewing the game from the bench, but since you sit there an awful lot, I guess you are just use to it. You guys sure are giving us a hard time. No one wants to give us credit for what we did so we're taking it.

- Maynard James Keenan

#1012 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostKarsa, on 01 May 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Because we didn't have a reason to kill you. In fact, no one needed you dead, or wanted you dead except the SK. We weren't enemies. So you're in the same boat as us. You can't outlive people who never had a reason to kill you. The only person you needed dead was the only person you didn't outlive.

i repeat...you all died before me. FACT
so you cant claim everyone but dude died before you.
you can keep explaining WHY i survived so long till the cows come home.
Still doesnt change the fact.
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#1013 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

View Postdktorode, on 01 May 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

to make a long story short. I made a conscious decision, in the name of fun, to not take the easy route and vote out the SK and win along with town/scum.

if you dont like that, or cant understand that, then just go look under the section of which this thread is spawned from and you will see it's father is GAMES and mother is MAFIA.

If you had voted for the SK then you would have died with his LP retaliation I think?

#1014 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

I'm not holding your decisions against you. I do the same thing. I tend to take risks and choose the hard way, too. I don't blame you for anything you did. You gambled and lost, we did the same thing. I think you did great. Just like us, had you been able to find a way to finish off Dude, it would have been an epic play.

- Maynard James Keenan

#1015 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

View PostGanoes Paran, on 01 May 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

If you had voted for the SK then you would have died with his LP retaliation I think?

i had a BP....and i had a 4th alt.
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#1016 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

View PostKarsa, on 01 May 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

30 alts? Minus the three players we lost, so 21 alts. Minus the recruits we lost in KL and Vengy, and we were left with just HD, me, Khel, twelve, and Eddie. So 5 Essels. And all 5 of us made it to the end. You guys had 6.

As for a those heals and powers, we had no idea who was on our team, so me and twelve couldn't heal each other. We couldn't benefit from all those powers you named like you're suggesting. You're still viewing the game from the bench, but since you sit there an awful lot, I guess you are just use to it. You guys sure are giving us a hard time. No one wants to give us credit for what we did so we're taking it.

who got modkilled? you? yes. but not permanently. the others died other ways before mod kills come into play. and you spout recruitment. we had recruitment affect us too. i think you are gloating here for no reason. you didn't win. your own choices saw to that.

#1017 User is offline   dktorode 

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostKarsa, on 01 May 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

I'm not holding your decisions against you. I do the same thing. I tend to take risks and choose the hard way, too. I don't blame you for anything you did. You gambled and lost, we did the same thing. I think you did great. Just like us, had you been able to find a way to finish off Dude, it would have been an epic play.

yup and thats why i dont fancy these types of mafia games....you lose a lot of what makes mafie... mafia.
Plus with all the hidden mechanics that can completely ruin the best laid plans.
Everyone knew who everyone else was...thats not mafia...thats something else entirely. Just my opinion tho, i'm still a nostalgic old school aficionado at heart.
...┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐...

#1018 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

View Postdktorode, on 01 May 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

View PostKarsa, on 01 May 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

erm...yea..except this is my line...not yours. :apt:

could have, should have, would have, fact remains i was last to die. not you :D

i repeat...you all died before me. FACT
so you cant claim everyone but dude died before you.
you can keep explaining WHY i survived so long till the cows come home.
Still doesnt change the fact.

You don't count in our game or goals. You being there didn't help or hurt our VC. As Essels, we had to outlive ALL the Goodkind, ALL the Meyern, and have a majority over the Eriksons, but we outlived ALL them too. The only goal we failed on was to outlive Dude. Same as you. Like I said. Fact. Had we needed the survivor dead, we would have killed him. We outlived everyone but the SK, same as you. But keep claiming that outliving the Essels who never even looked at you, nor needed to, as an accomplishment if you want. We outlived 3 other full factions that all wanted us dead. No one but the SK wanted you dead. And he deaded you. We're just arguing over semantics. I'm measuring our success on killing and outliving the 3 entire factions that actually needed us dead. You only had to outlive one aggressor. We can go round and round all you want. Like I said, you did great. But we outlived all our enemies except one. You're not an enemy.

- Maynard James Keenan

#1019 User is offline   Brujah 

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostGanoes Paran, on 01 May 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

View PostKarsa, on 01 May 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

who got modkilled? you? yes. but not permanently. the others died other ways before mod kills come into play. and you spout recruitment. we had recruitment affect us too. i think you are gloating here for no reason. you didn't win. your own choices saw to that.

Dude we lost Silencer, Bent, and Azathmadter ALL PERMANENTLY. I didn't even count my mod-kill. Azath , Bent , and Silencer all lost all their remaining alts due to not even playing. We never had their help after first bit. Ee had two recruits, you guys had one. I'm not gloating, I'm just pointing out the facts because you guys are the ones bringing up 'our bad play.'.

- Maynard James Keenan

#1020 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

View Postdktorode, on 01 May 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

Blah blah blah "I played for me!" blah blah blah

No, see, I understand that - the desire to win by yourself. I often do that even if I'm in a team :D I suppose my only point is that it was never going to happen for you :apt:

For the record, I didn't have a hernia - I had a flake-out. I'm all better now, thank you :D

Somewhere, the Dude is reading this and gloating his ass off as he watches the fallout. I'm going to murderise him over each and every one of the next 100 games. Nobody shows me up by playing competently!!!
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

Share this topic:

• 52 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users