• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Star Wars MegaThread Movie discussions, announcements, etc

#2721 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 July 2022 - 11:52 PM

After being away from the forum for a while, I'd almost forgotten you guys are still out there not totally in sync with my on thoughts on all things.

Except here, we have Kenobi! Obi-fn Wan Kenobi. This series made my day, every Wednesday. This was some of the best Star Wars material I'd seen outside of the Core Material.

If you'd only seen episode 6, you could come away happy. But episode 6 as the finale; nothing short of standing ovation room here, please.

Now to step down off my high chair and get semi serious, simply put, I absolutely loved this, if for nothing else than actually seeing live film and it had Vader and Ben set 8 years or so after Book 3. It's phenomenal. Oh, and the way they bounce back and forth between the two scenes, one of a duel between Ben and Anakin, with Ben playing the role as mentor and teacher, and how Ben uses that memory as we watch the rest of episode 6 unfold, is masterful. Totally masterful. Ben exploits Vader's weakness based on that one memory of a duel with Anakin. And to have it play out in perfect symmetry with both the duel and the escape scene at the finale was the coup d'etat.

After I watched that I felt like I'd just watched some great comedian or speaker, who knows he just blew the audience away, just stop and drop the mic and walk away.

I think it was as close to perfect as possible.
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#2722 User is offline   ContrarianMalazanReader 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 July 2022 - 05:32 AM

The KOTOR remake has been indefinitely put on hold.

#2723 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 28 July 2022 - 01:31 PM

Probably of the best. It would interfere with the High Republic stuff they have planned to have ANOTHER project that dives into Star Wars past.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#2724 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 01 August 2022 - 06:45 PM

"Witness the beginning of rebellion."

Gave me goosebumps. Set phasers to stunning.

#2725 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 10 August 2022 - 12:55 AM

Drive by bye bye king on my dumb horse

#2726 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 13 August 2022 - 11:38 AM

Finished Obi-Wan. Hmmm ... I have a few issues with it, mostly from a continuity standpoint.
Plus Storm Troopers literally cannot hit a bunch of civilians in a small room, bunched up in front of them. :doh:
Other points have been brought up previously.

On the other hand, it wasn't the complete and utter shitshow I was fearing.
Ewan did a great job with what he was given.
The Reva chick wasn't quite as fucking pointless as I thought she might have been.
Every line James Earl Jones spoke was just delicious, even if it didn't quite make sense on later reflection.
Nice to see they at least tried to tidy things up a bit at the end as some sort of continuity afterthought.

Six amazingly survivable lightsabre-through-the-abdomen wounds out of ten.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 13 August 2022 - 11:39 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#2727 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 August 2022 - 09:24 PM

Anyone check this documentary series out? I think I'm going to delve in tonight.

Six episodes that covers New Hope through Revenge of the Sith. Looks like a major theme is the difficulties and (sometimes) suspect decisions made, mostly by Lucas of course, over the course of the production of these movies.

https://video.vice.c...54cbe501a4e2813

Hope it's interesting enough keep me watching.

#2728 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 23 August 2022 - 10:01 PM

Will get my peepers on it likely.

#2729 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 01 September 2022 - 06:19 PM

#2730 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 September 2022 - 07:17 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 23 August 2022 - 09:24 PM, said:

Anyone check this documentary series out? I think I'm going to delve in tonight.

Six episodes that covers New Hope through Revenge of the Sith. Looks like a major theme is the difficulties and (sometimes) suspect decisions made, mostly by Lucas of course, over the course of the production of these movies.

https://video.vice.c...54cbe501a4e2813

Hope it's interesting enough keep me watching.

Finished this docuseries. It was pretty fascinating; providing the viewpoints and opinions of those who worked closely with Lucas. RotJ was a shitshow of a production. Anthony Daniels comes off salty about a lot of his experience after New Hope (in that British, stiff upper lip, reserved sort of way). Boy, did he not like the director of Jedi. The bomb though is Lucas's ex wife Marcia. Lucas did her so wrong after they divorced (basically she does not exist to him). Thing is, she was about as integral a person there is in making the the original trilogy a success. She was an editor par excellence and captured the emotion and impact of the quite moments. This statement from her says it all: "Movies and film are about storytelling, with George it was special effects." Which is a point driven home by the series - Lucas's pursuits were increasingly directed to developing tech and creating companies and doing work at his ranch to support these endeavours. Also, the movies after New Hope always had an element of being a platform to sell toys, but hooboy the middle movies, good hell, those movies (Phantom Menace egregiously so) were straight up 2 hour long toy advertisements. Overall an interesting series, recommend if you are a booger eating Fart Warts Star Wars fan (sorry, had to get that strikeout jibe in Posted Image )

#2731 User is offline   Briar King 

• High Fist
  • Drive by bye bye king

Posted 22 September 2022 - 07:54 PM

#2732 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 17 October 2022 - 07:22 PM

Finally got a chance to watch the first few episodes of Andor.

It’s a solid show. I’m in.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#2733 User is offline   Tavvar 

• Sergeant

Posted 20 October 2022 - 06:57 PM

I'm really enjoying it as well. Just need to catch up on the newest episode. I think it is my favorite of the SW shows so far.

#2734 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 20 October 2022 - 09:46 PM

I just finished the latest episode of Andor. It's really good. Episodes 4, 5 and 6 are great. Episode 7 has a broader reach and though good didn't hold me quite so much. And I'm going to have to watch Rogue One again, which is never a bad thing.

Weird to see what is essentially a news channel in the Star Wars universe though!

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Mezla PigDog: 20 October 2022 - 09:49 PM

Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#2735 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 03 November 2022 - 08:49 PM

Latest episode of Andor is so good. I don't know anybody else watching it. Is anyone here up to date?

#2736 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 03 November 2022 - 09:29 PM

I cannot find myself interested in the concept, so I’ve watched none of it
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#2737 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 03 November 2022 - 09:36 PM

Oh it's good. Full on authoritarian regime stuff, really fleshes out the Empire. I don't know know any Star Wars beyond the movies and latest series so it's pretty novel to me. In the movies the Empire is a cartoon baddie to me but Andor makes them real.

#2738 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe

Posted 03 November 2022 - 10:10 PM

Agreed, definitely give it a watch. You get to see the dirty inner workings of the empire away from all the flashy shenanigans with some rebels thrown in who are trying to do what they can to create the spark of resistance.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#2739 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 03 November 2022 - 10:53 PM

Its really, really good. Ive not caught the last episode yet, waiting till i can enjoy it.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#2740 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 03 November 2022 - 11:05 PM

It's cranking up the tension. Obviously we know what happens to Cassian long term but how the hell does he get to there from where he is now?!

I found the blonde empire lady irritating at first but she is ice cold. You need people like her to oppress a galaxy.

Share this topic:

• 143 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users